Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Russian Airborne Armour Project

I would guess its the screens, I guess u'll judge completely once you drive 'em around but to me everything seems uniform for now. It could be some spec effects too so it heavily depends on which side the sun falls from. xmas_o.gif

Nice progress so far.

The level of details seems to increase progressively, keep it up sir.

Regards,

TB

Nice. Very, very nice indeed.

Looking forward to your release so much.

thnk you for the praise yay.gif !

Im working on a texturing tutorial now that will hopefully be done in the weekend which will outline the co+nohq+smdi workflow with rvmat file setup as while doing this i learned the hard way that this information is a plenty but scattered eeeeverywhere smile_o.gif

When you're done with that tutorial we'll gladly grab it for OFPEC's Addon Depot. biggrin_o.gif kthx wink_o.gif

Looking like a very nice piece of work! Keep it up!

Regards,

Wolfrug

woah a texturing tutorial for Arma would probably be apreciated by alot of people trying their hands at modding Arma. thumbs-up.gif

Love the tank but there's something about the specular on the front side not showing compared to the back side? Im not sure if it was in shadow maybe or something.

Keep on giving it some more loving and Im sure it will be even greater!

the specular depends on the elevation of the camera and the angle with respect to the sun. I took the first pic especially so you can tak ea look at the colour and such

I'm proud to release my texturing tutorial. This 'how-to' will explain my texturing workflow abit with some techniques I use. Durring the tutorial I will be making normal, color and specular map for a tank armor plate.

You can grab the file HERE. It is a PDF file of about 3MB.

Feel free to comment on it either here or on the ArmA VDV Blog!

PS. Can newssites provide some mirrors?

Hope its usefull to somebody!

Regards,

Alex

the way you describe the normal mapping is a bit off.. aswell.

you might want to add to use bloom effects (from the effects tap, to get diagonal transistions.

just using black and white wont give you transistions as in:

____/

aside from that, the tut is VERY basic, you couldve included the use of AO maps or cavity maps to enhance the diffuse.

just my 2 cent smile_o.gif

the way you describe the normal mapping is a bit off.. aswell.

you might want to add to use bloom effects (from the effects tap, to get diagonal transistions.

just using black and white wont give you  transistions as in:

____/

aside from that, the tut is VERY basic, you couldve included the use of AO maps or cavity maps to enhance the diffuse.

just my 2 cent smile_o.gif

could you PM me with a bit clearer explanation of the bloom effect thing.

about the AO and cavity. Yes I know I could have added that but I didn't and for a very good reason. Firstly it has nothing to do with ArmA, the main point was to showcase how it all flows together. Secondly I wanted to limit the ammount of software that has to be used and writing about AO and cavity maps would entail the user to have software that can bake it. So if you use )2 for example to model then u automatically fall out that category. Ill consider adding it as a side note but besides that I have already written an article on Ambient Occlusion on my blog smile_o.gif

Later on I plan a few more additions like:

-creating custom brushes for effects (like welds etc.)

-dust and rust and dirt

cavity map = basically just the blue channel of a normal map.

it captures more detail than a AO map, which can be applied in the same way of onto the diffuse.

Soul_Assassin  notworthy.gif  Thanks for the tutorial, it really helps the people who are getting stared with the addon making  thumbs-up.gif

Yesterday updated my blog:

jarek2hi.jpg

jarek1hi.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Topas, a very talented texturer and action photographer took these pictures for me. One of them features a peek into Project '85. Oh btw, did I mention that the BMD will be featured there? We're pretty busy with all sorts of stuff but I have not forgotten this baby smile_o.gif.

The shots have been color corrected a bit. A bit on the progress: right now I have added the correct shadows and geometry lods. I have also fitted the AT3 rocket (missing form the shots as I still have some problems with it). Optimizing the resolution lods right now and getting ready to start on the interior. Oh yeh and got the dampers and all the other animations working ok.

Thats it for now!

Cheers

Go [ HERE : armavdv.blogspot.com ] for better quality pics.

Looking nice, you say you are releasing it as part of P'85, does this mean you will not be releasing it standalone also? Just curious hehe.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing it rolling across the North Sahrani foothills =]

Looking nice, you say you are releasing it as part of P'85, does this mean you will not be releasing it standalone also? Just curious hehe.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing it rolling across the North Sahrani foothills =]

It will be released standalone as well for sure.

The plan is to have in the first release:

BMD 1

BMD 1P will hull modifications and AT3 replaced by AT5

BMD 2 with some more modifications and obviously a new turret.

I approve of a new BMD to replace my old OFP conversion, it was good but showed its age in some well and still was never 100% configged as well as I wanted.

One thing I tried very hard to get working but gave up on was making multiple gunner positions for the firing ports.

BMD-1s officially have a crew of 2 who were usually much better trained than typical armor troops because of the unique situations of the vehicle and lack of the commander, I imagine though that in some situations the squad leader of the squad being transported would act as a commander, and thats probably why there are multiple hatches up front.