Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Russian Airborne Armour Project

Ive made my decision to have the gunner be the commander of the vehicle. However if say you are the squad leader and the bmd is in your squad you will still be able to control it.

*UPDATE*

unfortunately I dunnot have much free time on my hand due to a loomking exam session coming up however whatever time I do have i spend on improving and optimizing (thus finilizing) the texture work.

The interior model is almost done and im very lazily unwrapping it but its taking its sweet time.

I have recruited the help of the most talented animator in the community to get that creme de la creme look for the crew and cargo.

Im also abit hellbent weither to include soldiers riding on the armor but I will only confirm it after talking to a pro scripter.

Unfortunately I still have NOT been able to fix the AT3 proxy firing issue, so if anyone thinks they can help me then PLEEASE let me know! smile_o.gif

So far all for now!

Damn, its quiet here. Time to update smile_o.gif

"So you all played the Alpha of the BMD1 during the holidays (which I hope were good for all) an all the positive response and kind comments have boosted me to massive advances in the pack... (read more with the link below)"

WISIT MY BLOG HERE FOR MORE AND A SCREENSHOT

Good too hear!

Wish I could help you with your missile issue ..... but never done missile proxies the way you're looking to do it.

its quite a bit#@ actually. I even tried work around with the "hide" and quick rotation animation linked to the reload controller but to no avail. It will stay as for now until someone figures it out.

a little something for the forum fans xmas_o.gif

9m113gf9.jpg

Shown are three stages the 9P135M-1 launcher went through today: uv mapping, normal mapping and color layout (not texture just colors to pre-visualize the final result).

Sorry for the third post in a row but eeh Im the onlyone who posts here  icon_rolleyes.gif

More updates:

newgc9.jpg

On the pic you can spot a few new things:

- Obviously the beginnings of the BMD 1P are apparent with the new Konkurs launcher. So far everything has been configged and animated so I just have to do the necessary model and texture adjustments and then its ready.

- The random numbering and marking system is working nicely.

- You can spot that you can now adjust the ground clearance of the vehicle smile_o.gif. This feature in real life is used for paradropping and hiding behind emplacements.

- Another feature which cannot be seen on the shot is that the vehicle raises its nose as it picks up speed.

- And of course the best for last smile_o.gif : .....both bow machineguns are now operational thanks to RavenDK smile_o.gif.

Ciao wink_o.gif

I even tried work around with the "hide" and quick rotation animation linked to the reload controller but to no avail.

Actually ... that should have worked.

Worst case a .sqf to do it will work.

If you want help on that bit, send me some files and I'll see what I can do.

Gnat @ Jan. 04 2009,00:53)]
I even tried work around with the "hide" and quick rotation animation linked to the reload controller but to no avail.

Actually ... that should have worked.

Worst case a .sqf to do it will work.

If you want help on that bit, send me some files and I'll see what I can do.

I forgot to mention that I got it fixed partly: the proxy now dissapears once all the rockets have been fire off. Turns out i missed a }; before cfgNonAiVehicles. The rest is ok since That thing was bothering me the most. I dont want to script such trivial thingies so Ill let it be. Thnx for the offer though.

The hide controller worked but it doesnt function backwards so it would dissapear but no way to make it reappear.

I like the amount of detail you are putting into this Soul_Assassin, keep up the good work, it is appreciated by a lot of people!

looks good mate smile_o.gif

you could add some more grime and mud and dirt to the lower part of the bmd.

the launcher looks quite.. hm pop?

is it yellow in rl? guess that color would contradict camouflaging a bit :P

- You can spot that you can now adjust the ground clearance of the vehicle smile_o.gif. This feature in real life is used for paradropping and hiding behind emplacements.

- Another feature which cannot be seen on the shot is that the vehicle raises its nose as it picks up speed.

Two most famous features of BMD, OMG!!! wow_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

They are yellow in real life but I also agree that its abit too bright so I toned it down smile_o.gif

sweet features, but the suspension swing arms should rotate too. Hmm, if I were you I'd go all out and make the wheels and swing arms either a single selection or a parented one and when you rotate the swing arms the wheels would move.

The suspension hydrolic arms are already animated smile_o.gif The damn model.cfg is already 800 lines of code :S

oh and the wheels dont move up :P the whole body moves down smile_o.gif

800 lines of config for a single version of the vehicle? Wow. wow_o.gif

It looks fantastic though, so it seems to have been worth the struggle! Keep up the good work on it! One can't get enough VDV in the world!

They are yellow in real life but I also agree that its abit too bright so I toned it down smile_o.gif

Someoen correct me when im wrong but arent yellow launchers usually training equipment?

I remember a discussion about the yellow packs on PSCs OFP MTLB pack and i think something like that was mentioned there which lead to them being green in a later release.

But its just a wild guess.

Someoen correct me when im wrong but arent yellow launchers usually training equipment?

I remember a discussion about the yellow packs on PSCs OFP MTLB pack and i think something like that was mentioned there which lead to them being green in a later release.

But its just a wild guess.

most action pictures I have are black and white and you can see that the launcher is a different shade however I have a few artist color renderings and there they are not green. In any case:

1. I dont see y a training launcher would be any different to the real thing.

2. It breaks the monotony of the addon so It will stay dark yellow smile_o.gif

You gotta be kidding me with that yellow)) On all BMDs that I've seen it was green, in fact I haven't even seen it in yellow) http://weapons-world.ru/weapon/item/f00/s00/e0000004/index.shtml

Well this is what it looks like now

launcherzx6.jpg

But I dont understand where is it Im kidding you? Look carefully on every picture of the link you gave urself! Not a single green launcher!!

Yeah, the launcher in the pictures is definitely somewhere in between the "original" yellow and the "new" yellow.  It looks to me to be more like the "new" than the "original", but I think the "new" is too green now.  smile_o.gif But ultimately it boils down to your opinion, and how you want to do the mod. It's your mod, after all. smile_o.gif

i think atgm is in "khaki" or near to that color.

konkurs

konkurs modernization

fagot and it's modernization

modernized fagot on BMD-1 here and here

btw, gotta love THIS photo.

and few camo schemes of bmd-2: this and this

EDITed

@Soul_Assassin ,

i hope you made that atgm fired only from gunner's turn out possition? huh.gif

on the other hand, how AI would use it then... sad_o.gif

@Gedis

I'm aware of the operation of the Konkurs from the turned out position but so far I have not figured out how to do it. I will give it a shot but I cannot promise anything. If I cannot figure out how to make it function properly it will be back to good old fire from the turret technique unfortunately.

I have a question though: when u turn out and want to fire it, how much can it turn along the vertical axis?

I have a question though: when u turn out and want to fire it, how much can it turn along the vertical axis?

good question  crazy_o.gif

while i'm uploading some stuff for you guys about BMDs, i'm going to start digging that axis of vertical turn  whistle.gif

EDITed

I think i found an answer to your question:

here it is(+20°, -8°)