Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Russian Airborne Armour Project

I have a question though: when u turn out and want to fire it, how much can it turn along the vertical axis?

good question  crazy_o.gif

while i'm uploading some stuff for you guys about BMDs, i'm going to start digging that axis of vertical turn  whistle.gif

EDITed

I think i found an answer to your question:

here it is(+20°, -8°)

u guys? haha its just me :P

I have a question though: when u turn out and want to fire it, how much can it turn along the vertical axis?

while i'm uploading some stuff for you guys about BMDs, i'm going to start digging that axis of vertical turn  whistle.gif

EDITed

here it is(+20°, -8°)

u guys? haha its just me :P

i hope we are not alone, i hope more people show interest in such a UNIQUE vehicles, because there is NO counterpart for BMDs... wink_o.gif

OMG i made a mistake, there is a UNIQUE counterpart to BMDs, it' called U.S. Tractor Airbone (<- check this video out)

rofl.gif

EDITed

here is my promissed video about BMDs

P.S. if you, Soul_Assassin, will need it in better quality, let me know smile_o.gif

u r right about the BMD being a unique vehicle and I'm up for making this a unique addon wink_o.gif

Thnx ALOT for that BMD video Ive been looking for it all over the place after hearing about it at flashpoint.ru. It gave me ideas for some cool new animations like that Konkurs recoil. Btw that whole hide behind the barrier-rise-shoot-drop maneuver I can do already smile_o.gif It is sweeeet!

I also got some useful tips and info from people who have served in the VDV especially on these machines smile_o.gif!

Edit: well to answer ur first question, aside from you as my chief reference man wink_o.gif I only have a handfull of people who i ask questions (and of course the infinite wisdom of this forum) but aside from that Im the one doing all the modeling/mapping/texturing/coding/scripting/testing and thats the way I want it smile_o.gif its my baby project and its the only way to have total independance from pressure smile_o.gif

EDITed

here it is(+20°, -8°)

Those angles are along the horizontal axis (up/down) but hoe much can it turn left/right as obviously the turned out gunner cant rotate it back and neither does he have control of the traversing handle.

EDITed

here it is(+20°, -8°)

Those angles are along the horizontal axis (up/down) but hoe much can it turn left/right as obviously the turned out gunner cant rotate it back and neither does he have control of the traversing handle.

unfortunately i can't answer that question, on the other hand, vdv people from www.desantura.ru forum could know the answer, go over here, register and ask in forum wink_o.gif

Well this is what it looks like now

The new yellow is perfect I think wink_o.gif  I'll try to find some pics of BMDs in Osetia with almost green konkurs biggrin_o.gif  (don't remember where I have seen them...) And want to say once again - that is a beatiful work! Keep it up! smile_o.gif

A little demo of features:

demold6.jpg

Note the:

-variable clearance allows hiding behind the concrete block (which for this purpose I will also include in the pack, just made it today)

- MODUL hooked me up with kick ass turned out anims (and death anims)

- destruction comes with custom textures and animations smile_o.gif

What you cant see i guess is that hamis hooked me up with some killer sounds. Also the gunner sight is done and soon to be added the sights for the bow gunners.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>For a higher quality picture please visit my blog! Link in my signature smile_o.gif</span>

looks good  thumbs-up.gif

I have few questions:

1)can your BMD move slowly "in crouching mode"? In real life it can, but it has to be not fully lowered.

2)how about adding scripts or something, when bmd enters water, those water breeching plates on top front of the body automaticaly folds out?

Just few ideas...  whistle.gif

2) is possible if you make a script that continuously checks the height of the bmd.

ive did the same with my RFJ_mercs and created a wake when they moved through the water.

would be nice for AI,

Quote[/b] ]What you cant see i guess is that hamis hooked me up with some killer sounds.

Thanks!I hope numbers are random.Looks good. wink_o.gif

Alot is going on and not alot at the same time. I am now working with a partner "ist" who is adding all sort of functionality and making sure that scripts work and that configs are in order. With his help we also stepped up our game with a svn and a project management toolkit so things are really nicely organised and are progressing in a orderly fashion. Bad thing is that I have exams in the end of this week so I have to restrain myself a little.

To answer some questions:

- Yes numbers are random

- devision markings are random

- different forces (VDV,GRU,INTERIOR MINISTRY) are settable via script.

- all of the above are also settable thru the editor.

- textures and normal maps have been updated,

- there are distinct differences between the hull of the BMD1 and 1P

- features ALOT of custom hardcoded animations + a plan for nifty little scripted ones

- more turned out animations from MODUL

- upon a great deal of requests the 9M135M rocket launcher (AT5) can now only be launched while being turned out (this was quite hard to achieve and due to the crookidnes of ArmA engine its not perfect as if ur gunner you have to "mount the 9M135" and then turn out to shoot)

- real life optics

- tweaked balistics

- further performance optimized

drumroll.....we have set a deadline for a prelimenary public BETA for February 23. Keep tuned in wink_o.gif

realy nice animation you got there, turn out, lean on left and you have atgm controls, just like in reality or very very close to it  thumbs-up.gif

P.S. what that 915 number in your avatar mean soul?

It will all be clear very soon smile_o.gif

ontopic: there is one inherent ArmA problem with the atgm as I mentioned. since there is no other way to define the atgm other than another turret you first have to change position from gunner to atgm operator and then turn out, only then you can shoot. Abit of menu tapping but unfortunately u cant change seats straight into a turned out position (or force constant turnout for that matter). Its a hinder but otherwise it works very well. The up side is that u can turn out to shoot and also turn out normally in relaxed position. Both animations are brand-spanking new courtesy of MODUL smile_o.gif

Absolutly fantastic!!! biggrin_o.gif  Will be waiting for the 23rd!!!

I know it's late, but anyway the pic of 9M135M rocket launcher in khaki from the recent VDV training in Pskov wink_o.gif

Khaki 9M135M

BAM-2

wink_o.gif