Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Russian Airborne Armour Project

Hey guys, long-time-no-be here for me but i decided to make a slow push back into ArmA and started my own independent project. ArmA VDV. Everyone who wishes can read all about it here:

ARMA VDV DEV JOURNAL

Hope to make regular updates!

Cheers

Wow, now this is good to see. Welcome back.

Christ that's a mean lookin' APC.

nice Wip on the apc!  thumbs-up.gif

man i wish i would model addons to arma but configs scare me  biggrin_o.gif

thnx!

Outright I think the scariest for me right now is O2. Remembering how long it took to learn the first one makes me shake. This new one is way more complex and having worked on developing in-house software and scripts I know that when u make a tool for yourself u dont always worry about the poor guy whos gonna be scaling mount everest trying to climb the learning curve.

On a happier note, perliminary tests have shown that ZBrush will work out just fine so Im happy to say that normal maps I will try to make to the smallest details. Bad news is that the model will need just a tiny bit of re-topologizing but that shouldnt take more than an hour.

BMD-1 was already released over year ago

I would be hapy if I will see new units, not made, not 8-th version of G36, 7-th version of AK addon, 4-th version of T72

please show something new, something that was not released, not made, cause I don't know is there is a big difference between this mesh and mesh of addon released over year ago

Still, the (wise) vast majority of addonmakers are doing it for them selves (at least i do) and for personal entertainment. I don't see any problem if Soul_Assassin wants to have his own VDV,BMD, whatever, it's his free time and his work. If anyone wants something different, he should learn how to create addons or ,if too lazy, wait for someone to do it.

Yeah, and by the way the model look nice and clean  thumbs-up.gif

BMD that was released year ago is simply crap(especially the texture), compared to what Soul_Assassin could make :P

Wow!!! Great news! smile_o.gif

Hope to see BMD-2, 3; BTR-D; Nona, Sprut and "short" Kamaz some day yay.gif  smile_o.gif

cool, finaly a vdv project!

well if you want to make BMD-1, BTR-D, BTR-RD, BTR-3D, 2S9 "Nona S"  - these all are BMD-1 modifications.

BMD-2, BMD-3 and BMD-4(BMD-3 with new turret), all BMD airborne launching platforms... all this info, drawings, schemes were waiting long in my HDD for use, maybe now they'll be needed? wink_o.gif

you can check these pages:

BMD-1

BMD-2

BMD-3

BMD-4

BMD-4M

Vids:

BMD-4(BMD-3 with new turret)

BMD-4M vid2

BMD-3

BMD-1

just some BMD footage from soldiers cam smile_o.gif

Sprut-SD

BMD-2

BMDs footage from mobilephone cam

documental vid about BMDs evolution

Hey guys, long-time-no-be here for me but i decided to make a slow push back into ArmA and started my own independent project. ArmA VDV. Everyone who wishes can read all about it here:

ARMA VDV DEV JOURNAL

Hope to make regular updates!

Cheers

Didnt expect to see you here again, well glad i was wrong.

Welcome back mate.

As i read independent project i can assume the RHS times are definatly over?

Great to see you back, and very excited to see what you produce. As long as you ignore Vilas' crusade of preventing people making what they want to, then everything should be fine biggrin_o.gif

And it has problems and bugs up the arse. A new, better looking and more detailed BMD would be more than welcome.

@vilas

sorry man my freedom of choice of what to make overrides what you want to see. I expected to see a bit more understanding from such a respected addonmaker as you. Quite simply put If I would make all VDV vehicles it just wouldnt make sence NOT to have a new BMD1 there too. And its nothing to do with how the previous model looks. Am I wrong or is there an AK74 and a M16 (M4) not present in your weapons packs?

@Gedis

maaaan. what can I say: you da man.

@Shadow

Hey man, glad to see you too.

I simply dont have the time to be working in a mod-type environment, where I cant work on my own schedule. Sad but true. I see you guys are uber busy with P85 and it looks awesome. Of course if you guys are still missing anything I would give whatever I make after its done.

Well development and improvement dont stop - nice to see your BMD series and VDV features in ArmA. Maybe some customized variants during progress and testing for independend side? smile_o.gif

Looks very very awesome smile_o.gif

I really hope you will also add some extras to the model, like a working FLIR, smoke launcher or something smile_o.gif

@Gedis

i take this as a green light on storming Soul_Assassin's HDD drive with loads of info pistols.gif  rofl.gif

good, operation "VDV info thunderstorm" has begun, army of pdfs and stuff are being packed up as we speek. Soul_Assasisn, i hope you are prepared for an invasion. hehe   rofl.gif

P.S. soon links of marching army of info will pass the border of Soul_Assassin's HDD drive.

if VDV project will contain a lot of BMDs than SUPER smile_o.gif

cause when i saw only screen of BMD-1 my first thought was "why not Leopard, why not M109, why not BMP3, why not Mi28..."

but now i see that you are making biger project than just one model smile_o.gif

and it is good , simply when i see Arma Addons Discussion forums sometimes i am tired of seeing things done many times before without something new

concerning AK74 and M16 in my packs : they are redefined, they are more realistic than BIS

my M4 is animated, while BIS has no animated bolt , AK74 and M16 are few of many other weapons for mods, addons, a kind of universal pack

but when i saw one vehicle and word about new mod i was thinking about other mods that appear here showing nothing new

of course Russian scene needs addons of vehicles, if i saw on first screen BMD3, BMD4 my reaction would be completly other ;]

sory for misunderstunding

if there will be a lot of other vehicles than i regret my words smile_o.gif

i just thought RHS team will make modern Russian troops of all kind

@Gedis

i take this as a green light on storming Soul_Assassin's HDD drive with loads of info pistols.gif  rofl.gif

good, operation "VDV info thunderstorm" has begun, army of pdfs and stuff are being packed up as we speek. Soul_Assasisn, i hope you are prepared for an invasion. hehe   rofl.gif

P.S. soon links of marching army of info will pass the border of Soul_Assassin's HDD drive.

achu labai

tech info not so much necessary as photos and drawing, the more high res the better

@vilas

no sweat man

I would be hapy if I will see new units, not made, not 8-th version of G36, 7-th version of AK addon, 4-th version of T72

please show something new, something that was not released, not made, cause I don't know is there is a big difference between this mesh and mesh of addon released over year ago

You mean the one that was ported from OFP rather than something that is completely new? huh.gif

@Shadow

I simply dont have the time to be working in a mod-type environment, where I cant work on my own schedule. Sad but true. I see you guys are uber busy with P85 and it looks awesome. Of course if you guys are still missing anything I would give whatever I  make after its done.

Dont think we ever had fixed time shedules in RHS when i look at how long some projects took smile_o.gif

If you want we can still work together as we have something planned VDV wise aswell

@Shadow

I simply dont have the time to be working in a mod-type environment, where I cant work on my own schedule. Sad but true. I see you guys are uber busy with P85 and it looks awesome. Of course if you guys are still missing anything I would give whatever I  make after its done.

Dont think we ever had fixed time shedules in RHS when i look at how long some projects took smile_o.gif

If you want we can still work together as we have something planned VDV wise aswell

I plan to release on a pseudo-pack basis. As each BMD gets resy it will be released they will be released seperately but with a single config pbo. This means that you will have to have the whole pack but u dont have to redownload BMDs if you have them already. Just download the config pbo and the model pbo that you are missing.

As for working together, yeh Im sure that somewhere along the line that will be the case, for now though I want to make it how I want it, when I want it and how much I want it. I want it to be my baby project thumbs-up.gif .

For those ionterested I posted a little description of the planned workflow on the VDV blog (se my sig).