Sign in to follow this  
eble

Su-25  Flaspoint to Arma conversion

In reguards to converting stuff from OFP to ArmA, does anyone know if its allowed when you cant contact the origional creator? As long as you state that its their work I'm wondering if it would be accepted for uncontactable people. Just a thought.

Thanks Southy and zGuba. thumbs-up.gif

OAC project offers a replacement config with your Su-25 now.

Again very nice job!

Good to see this addon created some interest, was really in two minds to release it as it was a very 'old' opf model, but I still think with a decent retexture this one is more than good enough.

Lets see who can get the retextures done first smile_o.gif

Southy

Benus is the winner in that case ^^

Project 85 Su-25

Ok not really fair as this is not the SU you released, we tried to edit the model with some new details however the simple way the old SU model was made doesnt allow much fancy things so we couldnt add working canopy or opening gear doors for example :/

Quote[/b] ]No offence, but why converting BIS OFP stuff? Even in OFP the vanilla models were SO ugly! There was another OFP addon with Su-25 that was much better looking than this thing

Unless your want it for arma photography this really doesn't matter for planes. Any one seeing it in game will do it only very briefly and from a rather far distance. The only one close to it is the pilot, actually siting in it, and he sees the least of the plane, except cockpit and a bit of the wings if he turns. There's just one occasion players get close to it, that's when entering the plane before start.

by the way, regardless of the 'no offence', i don't think the attitude of telling someone what he has done is pretty much worthless is desirable. i'm a strong supporter of criticism in general though.

Well, first of all, I never called it worthless, so don't act all dramatic here. It's just when an addonmaker converts something, why not converting the better stuff? Tha's all.

If the looks of planes doesn't matter, why don't we have a game full of O2 models only? Nobody sees them, they just fly by so fast! Just paint them a little, that's all. Brilliant... rofl.gif

Shadow that SU is Beautiful!! i cant wait for that to be released!!

Eble, you did a great thing in converting this model and leaving it open to the community to toy with. It WILL get used since its one of the few opfor aircraft out there, and a vital one to have as well. Thank you for what youve done, and thank you to everybody else that is working on the config and skins!

Lets see who can get the retextures done first  smile_o.gif

Southy

still looking for some crazy_o.gif but ill think ill do it for the SLA and when i have the retexturing dun ill put a pic or two up give me a week or so rofl.gif

I could really use a version with bombs. And yes, I am too lazy to make them myself.

Hey i feel a bit embaressed but i can't get it to show up in the editor crazy_o.gif

I put in a modfolder and told my arma shortcut to start it but it doesn't show up.

Hey i feel a bit embaressed but i can't get it to show up in the editor  crazy_o.gif

I put in a modfolder and told my arma shortcut to start it but it doesn't show up.

Did you make sure your modfolder contains a folder named "Addons" which contains the pbo file ? Or that there is no other folder again ?

i dunno i got it working by putting it in the Addons folder and not using mod folder. anyways was a awesome feeling flying the su-25 again, was a year or two since last. inlove.gif

This aircraft really fills a gap for the SLA, the nice ability to go and hunt tanks with a aircraft like the A-10.

Anyways i read it said Cas in the mission editor and im wondering if there will be a update on this nice aircraft that adds other weapons? Anyways a sweet aircraft.

i dunno i got it working by putting it in the Addons folder and not using mod folder. anyways was a awesome feeling flying the su-25 again, was a year or two since last.   inlove.gif

This aircraft really fills a gap for the SLA, the nice ability to go and hunt tanks with a aircraft like the A-10.

Anyways i read it said Cas in the mission editor and im wondering if there will be a update on this nice aircraft that adds other weapons? Anyways a sweet aircraft.

What he means is that you need to create a ADDONS folder in the modfolder...you are long enough around to know that by now tounge2.gifrofl.gif

Hey ! I was longing for some OPFOR aircraft ! This plane fits perfectly on Sahrani ! Now, all it needs is a good retex, some more loadouts included (laser guided bombs, missile, free fall bombs) and it will find its place in many missions.

Thanks for the pain of porting (never suceeded myself !wink_o.gif. I'm looking forward to what the community can improve on this one.

Malick

Merging textures looks like something that can be done. Of course, I'm a complete arse at O2, so I'll let others find the time and patience to do it biggrin_o.gif

Malick

some might consider it a challenge .... smile_o.gif

excessive drinking and arma modding don't mix, I promise not to do this again  smile_o.gif

Southy

some might consider it a challenge .... smile_o.gif

excessive drinking and arma modding don't mix, I promise not to do this again smile_o.gif

Southy

Well, yeah it seems to be a challange, but it seems to show some profits:

-Easier integration of Bump- and Specmaps / RVMATs / Damage

-Easier texture changes

-Closer to BI-standard models

-It seems to have an impact on performance, as Synide stated

And it can be performed in steps. Might be a good idea, when someone starts to merge the bigger outside surfaces for the first 2 profits.

Unitil now, I have only tested it on the ArmA-Bike as a little example. ArmA bike WIP pre alpha 2, while TBird completed the AAVP7.

I noticed that the rocket pods are slightly misplaced : they are fixed nearly on the wings, instead than on their racks.

And it definitely needs a retex biggrin_o.gif

Malick

I noticed that the rocket pods are slightly misplaced : they are fixed nearly on the wings, instead than on their racks.

And it definitely needs a retex biggrin_o.gif

Malick

There's a strong need to experiment with the rocket pod proxy wink_o.gif gonna try it now...

EDIT: Finished! Looks good at least in Buldozer smile_o.gif

- fixed rocket pods position

- readded clan logos

- introduced damageHide section (destroy the Frogfoot to see how it's geometry and shadow changes... or at least should change...)

EDIT2: modEmAik merged some textures on Su-25 and removed the BIS clan logo. Here comes that version:

GT Su25 1.03 - 1.4 MB

Gnat @ Aug. 21 2008,14:45)]..... 60 different textures.

Thats one hell of a "merge".

That's why I started and hope some1 continues:

I have provided zGauba with a "merged textures" version. The skin textures got merged to make the first step towards bump / specmap integration. I also included a matching UV-editor screenshot jpeg file to identify those sections in the texture "wireframe like" to ease a retex / bumpmap generation.

I hope that zGuba releases this version soon smile_o.gif

BR,

mike