Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

is there a way to fix the sound so its local to the helo and not following the player?

Yeah f*$k the fixes/changes and the request for fixes/changes at this point. Get the other stuff you've been busting your ass on out the door and then take yourself a nice long break, for your sake and your wive's.

OK GOT IT!   yay.gif

just a quick change in the config fixed this issue and no other changes need made   smile_o.gif

Original:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgSounds {

class puma330_door {

sound[] = {"\PRACS_puma\snd\door.ogg", 1, 1};

name = "BWC: Puma Door";

titles[] = {};

};

Modified:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgSounds {

class puma330_door {

sound[] = {"\PRACS_puma\snd\door.ogg", 0.01, 1};

name = "BWC: Puma Door";

titles[] = {};

};

Just need to get it official per Wld427 and it will be released.

So no more door sounds from across the island.

welcome.gif

EDIT***

After extensive testing I came up with this as the final setting:  0.01

This should prolly be aplied to  the gear sound as well.

Gentlemen i am proud to announce the release of our first ship. Connor1994 has been hammering on this thing since early in the summer. Big thanks to CBFASI and the 1982 flashpoint in the falklands crew for allowing us to use the base model....

you can land on it and get in....

you can drive around and shoot the hell out of anything....

treat this as an alpha....

there are a couple known issues.... seems its hard to get into sometimes but just place it next to a dock so you can walk near the hull at the front gun turret.... there really is no fix for the falling off helicopter, although connor has found a way to make it stay "there"..... also if you start as the driver you cannot move to another turret.....other than that its really fun to play with. the Sea Wolfs, Harpoons, bofors gun, and cannon... this bad boy rolls with some fire power.

PRACS-T42-6.jpg

http://www.projectracs.armaholic.eu/

OH and a PS......

Super Huge thanks to Armaholic for hosting our page....

Wow, it's damn nice to see some nice ships in game. This will be a nice little project for Mando Missiles and I got the time to play around with it for once. thumbs-up.gif (My skill is a bit suspect though)

Thank you gentleman. I'm going have fun with these. pistols.gifyay.gifgoodnight.gif

Nice work, we really need ships for ARMA.

Could you make a sample mission? Where you can get in and the Helo is on the ship please.

Also is there 1 ship or 2? Picture shows 2 but only 1 comes up?

Thanks

It's pretty clear only the Type 21 has been released.

A suggestion: Would PRACS be able to release the 21 and 42 as static objects too? As a base of operations you don't really need the ship to move at all, as long as you can start and finish the mission on the deck safely. At the moment, troops often fall through the deck when disembarking if the vessel is placed in deep waters. I imagine this would be a lot more stable if the ship was a static object.

Got this error when loading:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgMagazines.8Rnd_40mm_HE_Ship'

Daniel @ Dec. 29 2008,10:40)]It's pretty clear only the Type 21 has been released.

A suggestion: Would PRACS be able to release the 21 and 42 as static objects too? As a base of operations you don't really need the ship to move at all, as long as you can start and finish the mission on the deck safely. At the moment, troops often fall through the deck when disembarking if the vessel is placed in deep waters. I imagine this would be a lot more stable if the ship was a static object.

well we are working on a Galica type vessel that would be a much better base for stuff like that. the goal for the type21 and Type42 are to be actual combat vessels.....

is it in anyway possible with the arma engine to launch CRRC or RHIb form another ship like the type 21?

just asking as this could add a nice touch smile_o.gif

is it in anyway possible with the arma engine to launch CRRC or RHIb form another ship like the type 21?

just asking as this could add a nice touch  smile_o.gif

i dont know..... give it a try............

just asking as this could add a nice touch  smile_o.gif

i dont know..... give it a try............

i have found a way to scrip this feature.... i guess it would work as a nice lifeboat at best ya know

i will include in next release

im finishing up a few small things before i take a lil sobatacle

Project RACS aircraft hardshelter courtesy of EddyD is released on the website.

A4Shelter.jpg

great work guys, as usual.

Had lots of fun with the ship already.

F111 and AGM-142's make for a smashing time   smile_o.gif

Southy

good looking aircraft shelter  smile_o.gif do those doors work aswell ?

they will in later update....

i jsut want to get alot more of this really cool content out there for guys to start making missions

@wld427

Many thanks for the Type 21 Frigate, It is a welcome addtion to arma

If i may respectfully make the following suggestions

1. Could you add the Ensign (Flag staff ) to the stern

2. I noticed that the AA Missle gunner cannot lock on fast enough when multiple bogeys are attacking would it be possible to alter this particulary when trying to get a lock on it does not work with the tab key

3. You need to up the armour values as a frigate gets sunk by gunfire (Mig 15 cannon would never penetrate the hull)

4. Would it not be better to have the 2x 40/60 bofors abaft the funnel rather than on the stern - reason being is that maybe in future when some adds a submarine you could use this area for asw capabilty or by moving the 40/60 you could have this area for your boat insertions

5. Would it not be worthwhile adding 2 x 20mm guns just behind the bridgewings

6. Would be nice if you could add the signal latterns to the bridge wings ( could make for some intresting missions - ie night mission signalling to shore)

7. Would be nice if when the vehicle sunk that two or more liferafts appear (maybe have an auto eject for the crew on sinking)

8. Any chance of adding the Gas Turbine sounds

9. Suggest that maybe you alter the speed to reflect the correct knots ( 75 = 35knots)

10. Would be cool if you could add a bow wave and stern wake

We had a blast with this ship last night in warfare - I was on the US side with a mate and we were under the pump big style by the reds.

I moved the base to the coast near chantico and set up two type 21's in the sea for land sea protection.

We were able to hold off multiple attacks for about 30 mins before we were finally killed off smile_o.gif totally out of ammo!

Southy

@wld427

Many thanks for the Type 21 Frigate, It is a welcome addtion to arma

If i may respectfully make the following suggestions

1. Could you add the Ensign (Flag staff ) to the stern

2. I noticed that the AA Missle gunner cannot lock on fast enough when multiple bogeys are attacking would it be possible to alter this particulary when trying to get a lock on it does not work with the tab key

3. You need to up the armour values as a frigate gets sunk by gunfire (Mig 15 cannon would never penetrate the hull)

4. Would it not be better to have the 2x 40/60 bofors abaft the funnel rather than on the stern - reason being is that maybe in future when some adds a submarine you could use this area for asw capabilty or by moving the 40/60 you could have this area for your boat insertions

5. Would it not be worthwhile adding 2 x 20mm guns just behind the bridgewings

6. Would be nice if you could add the signal latterns to the bridge wings ( could make for some intresting missions - ie night mission signalling to shore)

7. Would be nice if when the vehicle sunk that two or more liferafts appear (maybe have an auto eject for the crew on sinking)

8. Any chance of adding the Gas Turbine sounds

9. Suggest that maybe you alter the speed to reflect the correct knots ( 75 = 35knots)

10. Would be cool if you could add a bow wave  and stern wake

well we want to address the majority of the rpt issues first and foremost. Connor1994 worked his ass off on these things. we will do our best to address the majority of concearns and improvements. The prioroty is to fix bugs before we make som more biggrin_o.gif

Armor valus already under consideration.....

next version will be able to launch an empty rhib.....

armament will not change.....

waving flag to be added to mast and jack to stern.....

if you have a better engine sound please by all means send it to me and i will include it....

water effects in the works......

@rest....

I am glad you are enjoying the ship. Thats what we made it for......

thumbs-up.gifpistols.gif