Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

You mean there are no errors in the arma.rpt?  Yeah that's the case - there are no errors.  

Yep, people often miss that and in turns it lags down the game, creates instabilites and is a result of poor mod making.

But thumbs thumbs-up.gif. The scale is pretty badass.

I will have to paint this plane tomorrow and have it flying around by late tomorrow night.

Well here's the C47 flying high:

c473.jpg

c474.jpg

Things are progressing pretty fast. I'm guessing we will start testing live on a server in the next week

Great work so far, looking forward to it  smile_o.gif

But why not use the DC3 model from QG as a base for the Syktrain? It looks pretty good in game as a C47 even a after 10 minute shockingly bad texture edit IMO  tounge2.gif

C47.jpg

That plane is bloody spiffing old chap, der i say, that I would love to test anything!!

Your speed amazes me...

- August 12 : Why not make a C47 ? Let's create a tube...

- August 13 : Here it is... oh wait I forgot to UV and Map the plane...

- August 14 : Dang, here it's flying in game. Why not create the red army in the next couple of hours...

Question : Are you on Redbull 24/7 ? Do you have a hidden twin working in the basement and taking shifts ? Don't you have a life that comes in the way ? Do you wear dippers to avoid going to the toilets ?

What's the secret ?

He is from the machine world. Or hes just good in what he is doing tounge2.gif

Looking nice Rip.

Do you wear dippers to avoid going to the toilets ?

What's the secret ?

I'd love to have a comode at my pc desk!

I'd just shout to the missis to tell her it needs emptying! rofl.gif

Tis all looking good Rip! notworthy.gif

My secret is I use a ladyjane tubed-up to a littlejohn connected to my desk( those are urinary directors). I have my dog who is trained to empty every couple of hours. That way I never have to leave. wink_o.gif

To be honest it doesnt take long to do a model that functions ingame. IF you know how to get it there.

"But why not use the DC3 model from QG as a base for the Syktrain?"

Was unaware it was there - I don't have QB. So i didn't know it existed. I don't plan on owning it either which takes that out of the picture. On the flip side of that token, I like to create models. I have fun at it.

*A Lil' Announcement* BTW I have people coming forward volunteering to do textures and UV mapping. So have no fear, horrible textures could soon be a thing of the past. OR not depending on your likes, dislikes and how picky you are. Personally I could care less so long as I'm having fun ( which I am ) and it can provide some entertainment ( which it will ).

I'm going to try and throw together a bf109 next, maybe tonight.

You know as I have stated from the beginning, art is not my cup of tea. I don't claim to do it well. I'm not a professional digital artist. I don't have high levels of expectations for graphics. I have fun playing many types of games for the playability and friendship I gain. I'm not putting fancy guages in these cockpits. I'm not placing seats in these transporters. I could care less about whether jagdpanthers were in high peek production during 1944 or not, or even in the Normandy region. So try as you will to dis on it. It's just one of those things that's neither here nor there with me.

I do take people up on offers of advice to place proper objects in periodical manner or chronological order within a campaign structure. But it's not just about that. It's more about what will be fun.

There are several missions and campaigns featuring periodical equipment for those accurate history buffs. And there's going to be some gamey type missions that will favor the shoot em' up battle types. There's also going to be missions created for those people that like the command and control strategy.

The overall goal is to have a complete WWII mod that will satisfy gameplay. While I have a gigantic map and a bunch of models in the works. There are several other maps that need to be created. Time is the issue there and I'm sure you all can expect everything can't be done instantly or all at once.

After the 109 is available, a quick mission or two or four is created over the weekend testing will begin privately for those interested. I'm almost 100% positive, it will be a blast!

- A future announcement is pending regarding several other models. So keep an ear out.

Was unaware it was there - I don't have QB.  So i didn't know it existed.  I don't plan on owning it either which takes that out of the picture.    On the flip side of that token, I like to create models.  I have fun at it.

Fair enough, I was working on fixing it up for you but nvm, I had fun doing it anyway  tounge2.gif

It's nothing special but I might release it standalone anyway

C47-1.jpg

This mod seem to have potential, recently my clan started useing Mateck's M1a1 and it has symboles on it that you can change in the mission editor via commands. Mabey you could use someting like that to dont get people offended by certained symboles while still letting the pure realist people have the symboles on the vehicles by setting them manually in the editor.

Uh... Please, i would be glad.

thumbs-up.gif Two thumbs up for you Rip31st, it's good to see so enthusiastic addon makers, and more in the field of 3D designs. I have a suggestion through, you said that you are not a profesional addon maker and that you don't add every tiny detail, well I like those details (through I like to have anything with a WW2 theme) and I can't be the only one.

The point is that you could release this mod as an open source, in ordert to give the more specialized makers a base for their improvings.

Da Rat! Two thumbs up from me on the paint job.  Very nice!  

Benoist  I may make it open source for improvements - good idea!

Here's a pic of the 109 I've worked on for 2-3 hours:

bf109e1_1.jpg

I may work on it tonight and have it flying around later.

I'm in awe of your clear talent. If every mod had someone like you, we'd wait a matter of a couple of months to get a whole new mod up and running.

Keep up the good work!

Abs

Ok here's my first attempt at a 109... lol

bf109e1_2.jpg

Just after takeoff, pardon the ACOG:

bf109e1_3.jpg

Circling around Calais:

bf109e1_4.jpg

bf109e1_5.jpg

Just basic texture, nothing fancy, needs some touch-ups

I see that the gear is down when the 109's are flying around, Will the gear go up after take off or stay down.

Edit : It's obviously because you haven't made any animations yet. wink_o.gif

Yes gear is down. And yes the gear will go up.

I'd love to give the textures on her a go, I have some 109 textures in IL2 under my belt that I may be able to adapt onto it smile_o.gif

Oh nice! Send me your email addy in a PM and we can hook it up.

I highly doubt it will because the Tiger 2 was not in service during the Normandy Landings.

It was, as quoted from Achtung Panzer!:

Quote[/b] ]The first time the Tiger II saw action was in May 1944 near Minsk, followed by another action (of schwere Panzer Abteilung 501 commanded by Oberstleutnant von Legat) in July 1944 at Sandomierz in Poland. Only two companies of schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 commanded by Hauptmann Fromme, equipped with Tiger II tanks (with Porsche turrets), were committed to the fighting in Normandy, where their mechanical problems and Allied fighter-bombers as well naval gunfire proved fatal and, by the end of August 1944, all were lost.

Will the King Tiger (Tiger 2) be also present?

Well two companies of Tiger II's from the 503rd were in Normandy, late arrivals. They will be a factor, so yes.

I'm not sure when a model will crop up just yet. I'm not going to be modeling this weekend. I'm going to be mission writing to get our beta testing underway by next week.

this is all looking very interesting I was woundering what plans you have for infantry?

keep up the good work