Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

Looking really good so far! The pace your pumping out those updates is awesome too lol

Just started playing around with vilas ww2 units again and fell in love with the K98 already. Cant wait to have even more stuff to play around with thumbs-up.gif

the US soldiers should have a darker outfit, a sorta woodland camo like this: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums....rge.jpg

yours have a bit, erm, desert camo.

Hollywood movies are hardly worth being mentioned as reference biggrin_o.gif

its a movie but it doesnt mean that the whole outfit is fictional! mad_o.gif

its easier to see the colours from a picture which actually HAS colours.

oh by the way, when this is done, do you have the energy to make some snow camouflage german troops, planes and tanks and a snow map of western germany or just make a map which has those same areas, with just germany added in it. during the invasion of germany, not all allied troops had exacly snow camouflage, they had a bit darker outfits. and most of were wuite dirty cause that time germany used a lot of artillery so allies constantly had some dirt and snow splashing on their clothes.

(yes, kinda big reguest i think)

the 101st airborne had a bright brown uniform though I don't think I have hit the right color yet but I'm still trying

Quote[/b] ]do you have the energy to make some snow camouflage german troops, planes and tanks and a snow map of western germany

Yes.Yes.Yes.Yes.

IF you've read the thread you will know were dealing with quite a huge map already. Adding about two more maps of equal porportions is what I see in the future. I would love to cover from Calais to Berlin, Berlin to Warsaw, and Warsaw to Moscow. Everything takes time, but exceleration is the name of the game once the learning curve has been surpassed.

Just thinking about Allied and German forces clashing in the deep forests with artillery and tanks gives me the willies.

There are sooo many things going on it will make your head spin. It's no longer something I hold solely in the palm of my hand. Many people have decided to join in and help out.

Obviously were not going to do this all at once and release a hard drive killing mod. Were gonna take it in steps. There's some more work to be done before we can get to that initial first step of a release.

NEWS:

[FF]Faust has agreed to participate by contributing his beautiful BF109 model. It's in need of some adjustments, but I just couldn't pass up asking to add his work to the mod. It will be uploaded to the server for folks that are helping out to tinker with and make recommendations. I will probably add animation to the hawker hurricane in work and throw a air to air mission up on the server to test them out.

Awesome work Faust! And thanks a million!

FF1091.jpg

FF1092.jpg

In addtion to FF's 109, the other 109 is in the process of being repainted. Both will be available in the package once it's complete.

Other ideas that have crossed the developer's table and put infront of me are:

-Adding crew served weapons to buildings

-Sniper friendly buildings

-Different stage level of damaged buildings that a player, or team can capture and spawn( modify the model ie - like the opening of a parachute) add sandbags, or reinforced defensive positions, command posts they can spawn from or perform medical duties.

-Trenches derrived from a road network technology a player can spawn and have AI to fire from

- Dug in defensive tank positions

-snowfall

Just some of many ideas out there floating around that inspire me to do more.

101st and 2nd ID with darkened uniforms, plus some added ranks ( not shown ) are now loaded on the server in addition to the FF109.

101_2nd1.jpg

Great work on the infantry and thanks again Agamoth!

Quote[/b] ]do you have the energy to make some snow camouflage german troops, planes and tanks and a snow map of western germany

Just thinking about Allied and German forces clashing in the deep forests with artillery and tanks gives me the willies.

I agree.

Can't wait to have massive armour battles.

Also,

31st WW2 + CoC's Command Engine = awesomeness

@Rip: I am very glad that u like our BF109. But thats not only my work. You should write "Awesome work Faust & FriZY!" smile_o.gif

BTW: Maybe in few days we can provide you our Opel Blitz.

Here is pic, hope u like it:

opel_blitz.jpg

Sweet! Awesome work Faust & Frizy! Very nice looking opel blitz!  Send it over when you're done working it and I can load it up!

Worked a bit on the C47 & bf109e1. You may have noticed the 109e1 I originally put together was a bit narrow in the fuselage.

Changes to the bf109e1:

-Extended wingspan to spec

-Changed wing angle slightly

-Enlarged fuselage to scale

-Added retractable landing gear

-Added multiple fire points for weapons

-Moved pilot into correct position

-Changed texture of wheels

-Adjusted max speed

Here are a group of my 109's with Faust & Frizy's 109's:

109s.jpg

109s2.jpg

As you can see above. I still haven't repainted my version of the 109. I'm still waiting on some textures from a kind person that volunteered their help.

[/b]Changes to the C47:

-Added retractable landing gear

-Rip

I added some wounded troops to the 101st to get some atmosphere I also added 9 random wounded faces to them, I'm planning to add more since its quite fun to make them

wounded2kf8.jpg

you can also see the new color they got, its pretty realistic according to the uniform pictures I could find, however they look very bright in the game so I might see if I can make them look more like the movies

they should all have slightly dirty faces cause of that dirt flying around

oh and the helmet look fantastic, could you just add the, uh, that theyr were thy called...? ya know, those ropes which are tied around the helmet or something.

aaaand one more thing, if youre using the vilas WWII weapons, you defenedly should improve the sound effects

and ANOTHER thing, most of the bf's had woodland camo, could make some woodland camo bf's smile_o.gif (or maybe the focke wulf's had WL camo, i dunno)

there are some units with camo nets on their helmets, I was thinking of making some with just the net, but then I'll get too many units

-edit

I figured out a way to get them in

helmetro5.jpg

Looks good, but you should concider having only one chinstrap in helmet, looks bit odd when there is one on top of helmets peak and another one hanging down wink_o.gif

EDIT: Whoops, managed to miss that they're paratroopers, ignore me

yes...

about the dirty faces I'm curently working on them, the units with camohelmets will have dirty faces, like in the first landing period, you all better like it because its quite a job to make all those faces there will be just as many random dirty faces as there is BIS faces

according to this picture there is both the chin strap and the two on the helmet

http://framinghistory.com/?mainUR....%3Dxu2p

The three chinstraps are the webbing strap for the steel

outer, the leather strap for the liner and the webbing

D-straps for increased security during a parachute jump.

You've omitted the parachutists D-straps so far on your

model.

I didn't get much of that could you possibly find a picture of how you think it should look, or is it just the straps hanging down I should remove?

are they 101st huh.gif

Specifically 506th P.I.R. of the 101st going by the "spade"

insignia painted on the helmets (although the last guy looks

more like he has the 501st P.I.R.'s "diamond" insignia). All of

the insignia on the helmets of these models are a bit too

narrow, though.

Regarding the chinstraps. The M2 airborne helmet should look

like this:

M2Helmet.jpg

Note the "A-straps" (not "D-straps", as I wrote earlier), with

the separate leather chin-cup. You need to add these to

your models. The helmet is identical on both sides (the

chamois-lined leather chin-cup buckles on at both sides).

in the last picture it is a spade its just hidden behind the net, I guess I can change the size of them a bit.

isn't the chinstrap only used while jumping?

isn't the chinstrap only used while jumping?

You can have your US paratroopers on the ground wearing

helmets with either the plain webbing chinstrap (ie. leather

chinstrap on the front peak of the helmet and webbing

chinstrap under the chin - or left hanging loose) or with the

A-straps and chin cup fitted (ie. leather chinstrap on the

front peak of the helmet , plain webbing chinstrap around

the back, A-straps and chin cup under the chin - or left hanging);

either is correct for 1944.

Your models have a leather chinstrap at the front, a plain

webbing one looped around the back of the bowl and a plain

webbing chinstrap hanging open. You must either remove the

hanging chinstrap and replace it with A-straps and chin cup

(either fastened or hanging open) or remove the plain

webbing chinstrap from the back of the bowl and put a plain

webbing chinstrap under the chin (either fastened or hanging

open).

okay I removed the straps hanging down, since most pictures I could find have soldiers without the chinstrap I figured it would be best without it