Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

Didn't HWM make a deployable mg3. You could do the same but make it in tripod/crouched position rather then prone. If this is possible then I would suggest you try it but if not, damn.

Quote[/b] ]Do you mean that you can animate a gun to recoil on a

static mount using the animation system in ArmA? That'd

be a good solution.

Yes I think you can. But you would need a script to apply the correct amount of recoil to the gun via an animation source.

That’s why I mentioned short bursts, the longer you hold the trigger down, the further the barrel is animated upwards. The only way you can do that, is by using a combination of animations and a looping script.

Enter the HE-111 and Avro Lancaster:

he111.jpg

lancaster1a.jpg

avro2.jpg

avro3.jpg

Added some custom WWII looking bombs. I hope to get them included in the BETA on the 15th. (Waiting on a paint job from a special someone) They will not have turrets for the time being.

be a good solution.

Yes I think you can. But you would need a script to apply the correct amount of recoil to the gun via an animation source.

That’s why I mentioned short bursts, the longer you hold the trigger down, the further the barrel is animated upwards. The only way you can do that, is by using a combination of animations and a looping script.

What about eventhandlers?

(Waiting on a paint job from a special someone)

Ahh you've got a new skinner sad_o.gif  lol

just a quick update.

I've started work on the Lancaster skin,in game update soon hopefully. yay.gif

**EDIT**

The Lancaster Skin is done,

and will be applied to the model (once a special someone is online) smile_o.gif

Lancaster paint applied.

Morning bomb run...

mornbrun.jpg

mornbrun3.jpg

two days left...

Never seen this mod till now. If your able to have it so you can have crazy plane fights (like 1942 Coral Sea) I'd be happy with just that alone, looks great XD

NEWS:

The Beta unfortunately won't be ready for testing on Oct. 15th. It was a steep goal. I have to be honest and say that I wish it was ready, but it's not.

Thinking aloud...

-Some config errors to patch up ( nobody wants config errors appearing on their screen come game time )

-Not all first phase vehicles are ready to go yet.

-Lancaster ready for the Allied side, But HE-111 not.

-Bofors 40mm ready, but flak 38 not ready to go in for axis.

-Axis have Tigers, Pershing not ready for Allies.

-Allies have a sherman, but need a firefly to help balance things out.

-Warfare mission is ported to the Normandy theater, but lots of tweaks are still needed to get the equipment and sides right.

-Trucks, trucks, trucks...in warfare you need a repair, ammo and refuel truck. I've got to configure some opels and some allied trucks for those functions.

-Some crew served weapons need to be added that I have sitting around. ( may or may not make first phase)

-A couple non-moveable static weapons need to be made mobile.

-A couple helmet texture and uniform textures need fixing.

-The transistion from arma default crews on the vehicle configs to the more or less appropriate ww2 crews is continuing.

-The ever so deadly flak 36 aka "the 88" isn't ready.

-The howitzer on the allied side isn't ready either.

So there it is in a nutshell. As soon as these hurdles are cleared, I will release phase 1. I gave away some surprises there if you look back through my notes above.

I'm not setting a date as I have shot myself in the foot

pistols.gif Maybe a Halloween treat. That's Oct. 31st for you non Americans.

Back to the configs... banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]-Allies have a sherman, but need a firefly to help balance things out.

you don't need a firefly. you just need to put in game 4 shermans for 1 tiger.

during ww2, 4 shermans were needed to destroy 1 tiger. And only 1 sherman (with damages) survived at the battle crazy_o.gif

This really depended on the situation. The skill of the crew. The type of terrain. Amount of ammo. etc etc..

So there is no measurment IMO for these engagements, because It depens on so much variables!

be a good solution.

What about eventhandlers?

It's been done to quite good effect in VBS2, so I'd say it's certainly possible in ArmA. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-Allies have a sherman, but need a firefly to help balance things out.

you don't need a firefly.

Yes you do need a firefly.

Maybe a Halloween treat.  That's Oct. 31st for you non Americans.

We celebrate Halloween here in the UK!

Just not on the scale of the US! wink_o.gif

Keep up the good work Rip! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

have you guys yet made static/static but movable units less accurate yet? I'd say you shouldn't release the beta before they are MUCH less accurate (if it's possible to decrease their deadlyness)

have you guys yet made static/static but movable units less accurate yet? I'd say you shouldn't release the beta before they are MUCH less accurate (if it's possible to decrease their deadlyness)

The dispersion rate, accuracy is down amongst the moveable's that normally would be considered statics. We actually tested that out a few days ago. We found that these new weapons were too accurate so we increased their dispersion rate.

Hey RiP!

Is there anyway you could tell me your Visitor 3 Terrain Setting??

Cheers wink_o.gif

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Terrain grid size 2048x2048

Terrain cell size 75m

Terrain size = 153600x153600 meters

Satellite grid =480

Satellite segment =240

Texture layer texture size=75.0x75.0m

All that = huge!

If you don't binarize the map, it will crash. If you try for this size map, then you've got to stick to these numbers. I experimented for a month trying to get a map this big stable.

Hopefully this will save you a hassle. Now make an eastern front map for me will ya? lol tounge2.gif

so are they good enought now?

If you know what AI can do in vehicles, then one would assume they are a little too good. Adding the dispersion rate helped out a lot.

Phase 2 is taking shape:

We have people coming forward we talked to that will be giving us content. Burner gave me about a gig's worth of his work to put into play. That's a ton of stuff. Burner being from OFP's Berlin mod. I'm not familiar with the mod, but looking through this stuff, it looks great.

Another person that has offerered to donate their work is Johnsart. He has some very nice vehicles that will be added into the mix.

Vilas again gives us a ton of help with his weapons and infantry. He's given me some very nice ww2 pistol and crew served weapons that will be added.

There's much more... But that's all for later after we overcome the obstacles infront of us with the first phase.

When your ready for the russian front:

(Footmunch's)IL-2 - Sturmovik is ready to go  smile_o.gif

Southy

il2.jpg

When your ready for the russian front:

IL-2 - Sturmovik is ready to go  smile_o.gif

Southy

il2.jpg

Enigma I think mentioned the name "southy" once. I'm sure we will be talking in the future biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Oh yeah for yet another phase, I just got dumped on with a bunch of pacific theater aircraft and ships. I will also do that one before all is said and done.

But not to put the cart way out in front of the horse, back to work on phase 1.

biggrin_o.gif

NEWS:

The Beta unfortunately won't be ready for testing on Oct. 15th.  It was a steep goal.  I have to be honest and say that I wish it was ready, but it's not.  

Thinking aloud...

-Some config errors to patch up ( nobody wants config errors appearing on their screen come game time )

-Not all first phase vehicles are ready to go yet.

-Lancaster ready for the Allied side, But HE-111 not.

-Bofors 40mm ready, but flak 38 not ready to go in for axis.

-Axis have Tigers, Pershing not ready for Allies.

-Allies have a sherman, but need a firefly to help balance things out.

-Warfare mission is ported to the Normandy theater, but lots of tweaks are still needed to get the equipment and sides right.

-Trucks, trucks, trucks...in warfare you need a repair, ammo and refuel truck.  I've got to configure some opels and some allied trucks for those functions.

-Some crew served weapons need to be added that I have sitting around. ( may or may not make first phase)

-A couple non-moveable static weapons need to be made mobile.

-A couple helmet texture and uniform textures need fixing.

-The transistion from arma default crews on the vehicle configs to the more or less appropriate ww2 crews is continuing.

-The ever so deadly flak 36 aka "the 88" isn't ready.

-The howitzer on the allied side isn't ready either.

So there it is in a nutshell.  As soon as these hurdles are cleared, I will release phase 1.  I gave away some surprises there if you look back through my notes above.

I'm not setting a date as I have shot myself in the foot

pistols.gif   Maybe a Halloween treat.  That's Oct. 31st for you non Americans.

Back to the configs...  banghead.gif

Here's some stuff I addressed today that's now handled:

-All config errors removed  yay.gif

-Crews replaced with their ww2 counterparts, no more russian/marine tank/plane/gun crews that had ak47's and m16's

The config errors bothered me a lot so a big releif - I figured them out on my own, although minor they were, still nobody likes to have pop-up messages on their screen while fighting even though all the vehicles are fully funtional.

Next up...He-111...going into heavy work tonight!