Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

ww2 civilians would be good to have(basicly i mean no guys wearing "hawaii" shirts!wink_o.gif

as i remember a lot of aircraft on all sides had pretty inaccurate bombing until the use of the Norden bomb sight.

The norden bomb sight allowed a 100ft (30mt) area to be hit reasonably accurately from a height of up to and over 20,000ft.

Which was a large improvement over the older drift sights

also the Germans used a sight not too different to the norden thanks to a employer (Herman W. Lang) conferring with German military authorities in 1938 and reconstructed plans of the confidential material.

(in 1941 he was arrested by the FBI and sentenced to 20 years on espionage charges)

little bit of history for you biggrin_o.gif

Shrubmix - No it is not. But since you mentioned it I will added it for the next phase on the list of to do's.

Tom49 - High altitude bombing would be problematic with many servers and their view distance settings. A lot servers run the 1200 meter setting. You would have to find a server that had no compassion for people with lower end machines and jump on that one.

tisse - Yes. When? Dunno yet.

Aqu - The flight time across the channel isn't that bad at 400kmh. Most of the aircraft achieve that speed.

Minimum safe bombing altitude for general purpose bombs  was something like:

100lb: 1500ft (c. 450m)

250lb: 2000ft (600m)

500lb: 2500ft (750)

1000-4000lb: 3000ft (900m)

But I bet you can usually escape when dropping them bit lower. When bombing at lower altitude delay fuses were used.

BTW. Have you put realistic amount of buildings in London? I bet you could go make a cup of coffee while waiting for the next frame to get rendered biggrin_o.gif Did you just put a satellite texture there plus few building here and there?

Server? I use all mods for messing about in the editor. Please release some addons, Villa's WW2 is getting dull without tanks and aircraft. sad_o.gif

the beta will arise when it's ready.

please have patience.

it will be rewarded in the end smile_o.gif

Minimum safe bombing altitude for general purpose bombs  was something like:

100lb: 1500ft (c. 450m)

250lb: 2000ft (600m)

500lb: 2500ft (750)

1000-4000lb: 3000ft (900m)

But I bet you can usually escape when dropping them bit lower. When bombing at lower altitude delay fuses were used.

BTW. Have you put realistic amount of buildings in London? I bet you could go make a cup of coffee while waiting for the next frame to get rendered biggrin_o.gif Did you just put a satellite texture there plus few building here and there?

Heh! biggrin_o.gif If you drop a 500lbr on this mod under 150 meters you will be sorry.

Server? I use all mods for messing about in the editor. Please release some addons, Villa's WW2 is getting dull without tanks and aircraft.  sad_o.gif

You might want to delete those Vilas ww2 infantry. Vilas gave me the pack and it's been heavily modified. Let's just say they are a bit more agressive, louder and they engage targets a lot further out.

They are included in the beta release.

whats the currents size of the mod(i mean how many mb/gb its at?)

they are a bit more agressive, louder and they engage targets a lot further out.

What do you mean "louder"?

(of sound) strongly audible; having exceptional volume or intensity

Some of the weapons are louder. Vilas makes great weapons. Although they are quiet. I went into my recording studio and added some new sounds.

Quote[/b] ]whats the currents size of the mod(i mean how many mb/gb its at?)

I dunno, haven't looked yet.  It is what it is when it's done.  wink_o.gif

they are a bit more agressive, louder and they engage targets a lot further out.

You know exactly what I meant. Forget I asked.

You know exactly what I meant. Forget I asked.

Hey its alright. Just having a little fun. rofl.gif

Screenie during WWIIWarfare mission setup.

-Yes you can capture beaches.

warfaresetup2.jpg

warfaresetup.jpg

Just ended a day long session of reprogramming the normandy map for the ww2warfare mission. If you were to go onto our server and count the amount of towns we are running on our "31st All out Warfare" mission, then just double that and then some, and you'll get an idea of how many towns are on this normandy map.

if this mod is going to be .exe it should include some really cool effect mod for the weapons and stuff. because i can't live without custom effects! tounge2.gif

and they didn't use M2's during the 40's, they should be changed to thirties

lolwut:

Quote[/b] ]The Browning .50 caliber machine gun has been used extensively as a vehicle weapon and for aircraft armament by the United States from the 1920s to the present day

source: wiki

Haha Got to say this made me LOL hard.

the .50 cal was extensively used in ww2.

from Aircraft & tanks to landing crafts and Anti aircraft guns.

all we're equipped with the .50 cal in some way.

oh ya! they were fifties! icon_rolleyes.gif i thought they used thirty calibers. well anyway, they should be changed to brownings

i'm a bit confused by what you mean.

the M2 is a browning,

the Browning M2HB (heavy barrel) .50 cal machine gun.

and the browning that was used on this craft.

everything is present and correct.

Both Brownings - light machinegun .30 caliber and heavy machinegun .50 caliber were in use during WW2. Would be nice to see them with official designation and nicknames.  wink_o.gif

having official designation would be overly drawn out.

M1919A4 Browning, Cal.30 machine gun / .30 cal

and the

Browning Machine Gun,Cal.50, M2HB/.50 cal.

you only look for a recognizable point in the name during weapon selection in the heat of battle (or at least i do)

so as long as you have a obvious idea of what your firing,

(.30 cal,.50 cal)

i think it's fine as it is.

yes,

.30 was the light machine gun typically used on earlier fighter aircraft and as a "portable" squad support weapon,

.50 cal was the heavy machine gun typically used in a mostly Vehicle mounted weapon roll ie the top mounted commander machine gun on the sherman.

also used on ships for AA defense usually in a mount that held between 2 and 4 .50 cals.

the were used extensively in the aircraft's P-47,P-51 & B-17.

This mod contains both .30 & .50 cal browning. They are featured exclusively on paticular vehicles.

I have a foundness towards the .50 cal as it was weapon I received an ARCOM award for during my military service.