Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

T-90 MBT

Great work 343rdBadger smile_o.gif

Do you plan to include a smoke launcher?

Ups, hi Binary smile_o.gif

A smoke launcher can be added by a modified replacement config. Because I am already late with the parallel projects, I would like to leave that to the IC-mod people (they added smokers to most of their addons). May be they want to integrate the T-90 into their armor divison biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This post shows you don't know a thing about T90(A). Maybe do lil' research from proper sources (yep, not Jane's encyclopaedias) and then make your statements.

Ok...i thought that T90s were made using old T72s...I guess you must be right...i should go do some more research..and disregaurd the T90 vids ive watched...

alls i did was give  BASIC statement of what they are...if not made using old T72s please elaberate and let me know...I thought they were a budget minded tank??...guess not..

The T-90 series -are- a stopgap measure until a more modern tank can be aquired by the Russian army. It is based on the T-72 chassis. Most of the improvements have come from either T-80 series or other refinements over the years. This includes the main gun, the armour and the engine. Its not a super death tank of doom as people may claim. The T-90 is a compentant tank that is capable of meeting most demands on the modern battlefield and has put at least another 20 years use into what was considered an obsolete design. And as far as I'm aware most of the T-90s are new builds rather than conversions from T-72s.

Well...here we go again,I learned some things.

VERSION 3.0 update changes:

Fixed alot of texture problems on the model(black areas are now textured)

Added more ERA and details  to topside of turrent.

Changed the look of the IR emitters with more detail in the model.Changed the textures too,it just looked too bland.

Made each of the 3 T-90 models unique so you can tell who's your 2nd and who's your third wingman at a distance.Small changes, but adds a nice touch IMHO.

301 has snorkel and numbers and flags  are in different places,302 has NO snorkel or barrels,303 has NO snorkel but has 1 fuel barrel(lost the other one in battle..hehe)

All in all this is a much slicker version,looks alot more "finished". I'll still be workin on it so future version may have different variants of T-90...ie a Command tank T-90SK(just need to find a pic of it,haven't been able to yet...anyone got one??)

Download

http://files.filefront.com/T72B+T9....fo.html

Armaholic mirror updated:

- T-90 MBT v3.0 (<18MB packed with 7zip, u can also use winrar to extract it)

Well,I think I'm done with this tank...gettin sick of workin on it.

version 4 changes(probably final):

Added a 4th tank to the platoon.This is a low vis scheme(was gettin tired of lookin at that yellow) and isn't numbered.Has a WW2 slogan in cyrilic on the barrel,"For the Motherland".(Not to be confused nor taken for any political statement of current affairs,...it was just for fun.)

Rebuilt the IR emitters and added some details...looks better I think.

enjoy

Download:

I dedecate this tank to Sigma6,whose T-90 I played to death and missed so much in Arma.Special thanks to modEmMaik for inspiring me to learn O2 and make this puppy biggrin_o.gif

- T-90 MBT v4.0 (<19MB packed with 7zip, u can also use winrar to extract it)

Well,I think I'm done with this tank...gettin sick of workin on it.

version 4 changes(probably final):

Thanks mate, that is what the ERA-"style" was build for smile_o.gif

I hope that Sigma-6 reads the dedication.

I noticed that the gunner's machinegun fires from the maingun (I count this as a minor issue), while the BI-style fires from the machinegun position.

Strage effect, because I was unable to locate the source for this issue. sad_o.gif

If you want to, I may generate a binarized version of the latest T-90 models, so a signature will be available and no more messages will pop up in the RPT-file huh.gif

So far, excellent work Badger thumbs-up.gif

have fun,

mike

Is it possible to have all those T72 variants and T-90 at same time in combat and in one addon folder eg (signed) T72ERA.pbo, T72ERAATGM.pbo and T90.pbo maybe change the name of smurfc.pbo same way? smile_o.gif

Is it possible to have all those T72 variants and T-90 at same time in combat and in one addon folder eg (signed) T72ERA.pbo, T72ERAATGM.pbo and T90.pbo maybe change the name of smurfc.pbo same way? smile_o.gif

I once released a ERA-style "blueprint" version to generate user-defined versions without interference each other:

Quote[/b] ]Infos to include new skins / modified configs:

The reskin-addon can be used to create your own addon:

1) Unpack the addon

2) Define a new addon name (e.g. 343rdBadger_skins)

3) Rename the t72_era_custom_retex directory to the new name

4) Rename all texts "t72_era_custom_retex" to you new name in the config.cpp, textures.sqf and readme.txt

5) Modify skins / config etc. as you need.

6) pbo the directory again and test it

This way, you should be able to create a addon without interference with existing variants of this addon.

DL-Link zShare custom retex version

But the link includes the old basic variants, which must be replaced with the new T-90 model. This way, it will be possible to use all variants at the same time. The custom texture feature codes can be removed, because it can be added later, using a replecement config.

mike

:edit: I am a bit occupied at the moment and I will be offline for some weeks at the end of the month (ISP change), so I would suggest that someone else includes the needed changes (Badger?).

Hmmmm...I never noticed the machine gun issue...Looks like another version to be released fellas, sorry.Maybe I'll use the opportunity to remodel the Commander MG into a proper Cord,so look for an update in the near future(it'll bug me if I don't fix it)Anyone know what that tracer/muzzel burst is connected too or what its called ?...musta got caught in a move/merge at some point.Message to BIS...A 3dmax plugin sure would be great...........hint hint...........As for the other fixes ie pbo thing,not sure I have the knowledge to do it...I can cut and paste to some degree,but there comes a point when I don't know what exactly to cut and paste... banghead.gif Configs are just a black hole to me...sucks the life outta ya. tounge2.gif

Man......you would not believe what I had to go through to get the fixes for this version...lets just say I never wanna see an O2 interface for a good long time.

Anyways change log is as follows:

Version 5

Fixed the turret machinegun bullet/tracer placement,had to rebuild from another p3d to do it.Dunno how it happed but I couldn't fix it any other way.

Reconfigured the rear sight on the commanders MG to the down position(stupid thing was always in the way anyways)Ya now have a better field of view turned out.

reverted all T-90A's to the same model(they all look the same 3dwise)...more accurate anyways and I would think less CPU processing needed?? I left numbers on them to function as a platoon of 3 tanks.

And finally the crown jewel of this release..... The fourth tank is now a NEW variant...Its now a T-90S with low Vis camo.Looks pretty good actually.I think I like it better than the T-90A's.

Since I used the p3d from the custom pack,I would think its possible to set them up as random number and custom texture versions ,if anyone tackles this config,then I'll repaint them to match.I just didn't know how to implement it.

well thats it for now,hope there isn't any mistakes I overlooked...enjoy.

Download Version 5:

- T-90 MBT v5.0 (<19MB packed with 7zip, u can also use winrar to extract it)

Since I used the p3d from the custom pack,I would think its possible to set them up as random number and custom texture versions ,if anyone tackles this config,then I'll repaint them to match.I just didn't know how to implement it.

Well done, Badger thumbs-up.gif

And yes, custom textures and numbers can be added using an extended config or replacement config, so no change to the addon's config needed for this (the actual config includes all sections needed and can be used without xeh).

Also alternative number textures can be included in the additional config. Those can be user-repainted to match the custom textures.

have fun,

mike

Can you post some new screens of every updated version? 'couse, after looking on first screenshot you post I've lost any desire to download this "so called" t-90.. Quality is terrible, man. Sorry but it's truth. Maybe, it will be good not to have any t-90 addon, instead of having such a "thing"...

Yeah...I'll get right on it icon_rolleyes.gif

updated...your welcome to change it to your liking BTW...its open.Egerly waiting to see your rendition.........

Can you post some new screens of every updated version? 'couse, after looking on first screenshot you post I've lost any desire to download this "so called" t-90.. Quality is terrible, man. Sorry but it's truth. Maybe, it will be good not to have any t-90 addon, instead of having such a "thing"...

What the hell is with people on this forum lately?

Quote[/b] ]Maybe, it will be good not to have any t-90 addon, instead of having such a "thing"...

This can be achieved by you not downloading the addon. Do us all a favour: Next time you feel the need to post along the lines of 'Oh this is crap maybe you shouldn't bother to even try' in a thread in the modding forum, you:

A)Don't.

B)P*ss off.

Anyway. Any OPFOR addons should be supported since the vast majority of user created content is for the 'goodies'.

Don't listen to him Badger, but what I would like is not having to download all of the other add-ons, but instead just download the T-90 separately... wink_o.gif

Well...the downloads are for my convience in terms of storage...mirror sites however can discriminate to their tastes/needs etc.

On the other point...he does raise a point of interest...I haven't really seen any feedback as to what needs changeing and improvement...and no one has taken the project any further??? So,I can only assume two things.Its OK as is,or people are busy with fiddleing with it and simply havent released yet.I mean the thing has been downloaded over 2000 times.Even if you divide that by the number of releases...its still over 400.So what are peole doing with it?Tweakin it ,leaving it as is ,or throwing it in the recycle bin?