Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

T-90 MBT

Very nice...you quinched alot of our thirsts for a T90...may not be deadnuts but with time iam sure you can make this addon more "accurate"....

this being said the T90 (in real life) is still a piece...its just an T72 with some better electronics and better armor basically...it is a budget minded tank... A fine addition to our addons library though!!

M1A2 Abrams > T90

;P

Regards,

Iceman

I have a weee problem...I'm adjusting the ERA and other bits to look more like the real thing.I want to use a piece of the Machine gun(the ammo bin actually) too create a better looking housing for the IR emitters(cause its already textured a worn green color and I want to save from having to build and texture a new one)...BUT...when I copy and paste the new part,it is still slaved to the Mg rotation,but I need to reslave it to the turrent rotation...can someone explain how this is done?

What is seen here is only 1 days work...I'll keep on mess'n with it and update as I go along.What would be cool is if someone could edit the config for proper ammo.The ERA needs tweaking but I didn't want to risk messing it all up and having nothing to upload,so I released it as is.AND...IF anyone wants to give it a whirl...please do.Lots of room here to tweak.

I hope that I can complete some replacement configs during the afternoon (replacment configs, so the original T-90 addon is needed to be installed):

-replacement config1: T-90 existing layout replaces BI's T-72

-replacement config2: T-90 icluding WGL T-90 armor and Marijus ammunition layout plus hamis sounds (this may disable 6'th sense tracers and sounds from soundmods for the T-90)

-replacement config3: T-90 icluding WGL armor and Marijus ammunition layout plus hamis sounds replaces BI's T-72 (this may disable 6'th sense tracers and sounds from soundmods for the T-90)

Those implementations will be quick and dirty and for the T-90 only, so do not expect too much  whistle.gif

@badger343: Do you plan to release a binarized version? I noticed some messages in the ArmA.RPT. Not too much, but they wont pop up using a binarized version.  smile_o.gif

I have no Idea how to do all that...I'll leave that to you to decide what to do with it in regards to the whole T-72ERA/T-90 pack thingy.Its simply beyond my current understandig of how or why these things are done. tounge2.gif

2 Texas *BDA*

This post shows you don't know a thing about T90(A). Maybe do lil' research from proper sources (yep, not Jane's encyclopaedias) and then make your statements.

2 author

Yep, though your tank is more like T72BM, try to use vilas'

NSVT, which is by all means better, than your machinegun.

Regards, NSX.

@modEmMaik...question...

when you did the ERA on the t-72's...there are black areas around the edges of the wedges...do you know what causes this and if it can be changed to match the main textures of the ERA panels?I noticed that in the desert version ,this doesn't happen and I can't figure out why?

OK,

time for some weapon layout change and replAcment:

Quote[/b] ]Replacement Packs for 343rdBadger T-90

Required addons: 343rdBadger T-90 smurfc_era.pbo installed in an active addon folder

All zips include the smurfc_era_repl.pbo an only one pack can be used.

T90_repl_T72 : Replaces the BI-72 with 343rdBadger original T-90

T90Adv_repl_T72: Replaces the BI-72 with 343rdBadger T-90 model and Marijus weapon layout

T90Adv_repl_T90: Replaces the 343rdBadger T-90 config with Marijus weapon layout

Credits to

343rdBadger for his T-90

Q (former WGL team leader) for his replacement config instructions

Marijus for his weapon Layout

Hamis for his engine sounds

Disclaimer:

Use on your own risk. The T-90 ADV config is a M1A1 killer, so do not complain when you play on blufor side smile_o.gif

dl-link by zShare

Hint: There seems to be in issue, when using the T90Adv_repl_T72. I receive an error msg, but after that it works well. I will update, when the source of the issue is located. Use at your own risk

Marijus Weapon layout is based on a T-80, but it seems strong enough for me (M1A1 side and back APFDS impact kills him). When you request a T-90's layout, changes can be simply adopted, but I would wait for a M1A2 or SEP to be released (ACE mod has one in store, I heard).

Have Fun,

mike

:edit:

@343rdBadger: Those areas are located in the second texture (t72_2_co.tga), where the ERA plates side textures are located, too. Check the position using O2, select the face, start the UV-editor, select the t72_2_co texture and push shift+space. This highlights the section smile_o.gif

Thanks.I'll check the config out today...still workin on that texture problem.

BTW,Any Ideas about how to switch an objects rotation after its been copied ...ie..a mg part is slaved to the mg rotation,but I want to copy a part and slave it to the turrents rotation..any ideas?

Kord IS a modified NSVT  wink_o.gif

Yes but its called "KORD" not "NSV-T upgrade" and the T-90s have Kords equipped afaik which leads to me asking if there shouldnt be a KORD on the tanks wink_o.gif

By that logic i could also sell a Pecheneg as PKM upgrade.

Would it be possible to name your .pbo's different names? It's getting more difficult to keep all these thing centrally located but separated so I can easily locate and use different versions when I feel like switching things up. And I'd like to be able to use different peoples' versions of the T-72's and now T-90's you guys have all made for us. I really like to switch up and/or mix n' match what I use from time to time, and I like to have the option to use everyone's work in tandem at times.

Just a small request. It's not a "deal killer" if this can't be implemented but it would be ideal to have ability for more options, or combinations what have you.

More importantly, thanks a lot to all you guys for the continued work and added variation to the stuff ya'll release.

yay.gif ...... whistle.gif ...... mad_o.gif .... pistols.gif ...... goodnight.gif ..... biggrin_o.gif

I really can't say I understand any of it...at this point anyway.As far as I know I haven't created anything that wasn't already there.I'm only transforming whats already in the model,not adding to it externally.If that makes any sense?I may be adding TOO a section...but not adding a section in itself.If this needs to be optimized,then its beyond my skill,and will have to be left to someone else.Atleast until I understand more of O2.Which could be never rofl.gif IF you'd like to go ahead and optimize it...feel free smile_o.gif

I'll be posting an updated version today,once I get it rared up and uploaded.

Great work 343rdBadger smile_o.gif

Do you plan to include a smoke launcher?

Ok...updated version.Changes are:

added another smoker to the right side of the tank,reconfigured the ERA to be more exact to the T-90A,Changed emitters to red (Meaning covers are off),added more details to turrent to match T-90A configuration.Slight change to texture(little bear on the ass end..hehe...its an actual piece of nose art from a russian piece of kit,I just think He's so cool)

I haven't added anything to the config file(modEmMaik,I didn't know what exactly to do with them??) so loadout is still stock (I think?)T-72.I didn't fix the textures on the ERA edges as I couldn't figure out how(even with an explaination...duh)so I hope someone will fix it.Theres still a few little things need doin IMHO,but again its beyond my scope.I'd like to see dedicated textures to the ERA,not borrowed from the turrent,but thats a UVW task which I'm not ready to attempt.Smoke Launcher that works....

I'd also like to see a proper IR housing built with more details,same for the ERA turret topside,and the thingy's just above the cannon(dunno what they are?)but that again is adding NEW stuff to the model which I don't know how to do.I've pretty much taken this as far as I can,So hopefully someone will finish it off to 100%.ModEmMaik,if you could explain alittle more how to add the ATGM ammo,that'd be great.It just didn't seem that I could just switch configs??But I'm probably wrong.I wasn't sure so I left it.Anyways...enjoy this new Tank killer and please someone take it to the finishline.

Badger I am not into this stuff as well.

Basically a section is a texture. It is best to use as few textures

as possible. So one uses 2048x2048 texture if needed instead

of smaller textures.

So for a tank you probably need 1-3 for exterior and 1 for interior.

Lovin the texture... Nice work thumbs-up.gif

Bagder, nice work, it looks so cool now inlove.gifinlove.gif

Badger I am not into this stuff as well.

Basically a section is a texture. It is best to use as few textures

as possible. So one uses 2048x2048 texture if needed instead

of smaller textures.

So for a tank you probably need 1-3 for exterior and 1 for interior.

Well, the basic ERA "style" was simply the BI-sample model plus the ERA section for easier handling of the added elements (+1 section).

When we included mateck's custom skin, we added 3 more sections for texture replacement via setObjectTexture (+3 sections). 4 more sections got added when we introduced the numbers plus flags.

Badger's T-90 is based on one of the latest ERA-"style", so it can feature additional numbers and custom textures, although those features are not supported at the moment. Also the model needs only 9 textures (3 for the tank itself, one for the numbers, on for the flag, clantag, light, one empty plus dshkm).

This one is getting better and better everyday! I would really suggest a readme to help explain what is what and what does what. Keep it up gang!

Quote[/b] ]This post shows you don't know a thing about T90(A). Maybe do lil' research from proper sources (yep, not Jane's encyclopaedias) and then make your statements.

Ok...i thought that T90s were made using old T72s...I guess you must be right...i should go do some more research..and disregaurd the T90 vids ive watched...

alls i did was give  BASIC statement of what they are...if not made using old T72s please elaberate and let me know...I thought they were a budget minded tank??...guess not..

setObjectTexture (+3 sections)

like I said I am not into this, so I am want to learn a bit.

+3 sections here is as you have the base textures twice?

4 more sections got added when we introduced the numbers plus flags.

Is it not possible to merge these on one texture and apply them

to the correct place via UV mapping?

Thanks for the insights. smile_o.gif

setObjectTexture (+3 sections)

like I said I am not into this, so I am want to learn a bit.

+3 sections here is as you have the base textures twice?

4 more sections got added when we introduced the numbers plus flags.

Is it not possible to merge these on one texture and apply them

to the correct place via UV mapping?

Thanks for the insights. smile_o.gif

Hi Q,

BI uses 3 textures for the T-72 and the M1A1 (Chassis, turret, additional stuff like the T-72 tank barrels, wheels and so on). We need to make them hiddenSections first, so that we can access them via setObjectTexture. Actually this can be implemented later using a prelacement config, so Badger: No need to to modify the config now wink_o.gif

Same with the numbers / flag. I used the OFP's BTRT as blueprint, which allows to modfy the 3-digit number via script access plus a user-selectable sign, which is represented as a flag in the ERA "style" tanks (enables reuse of the flags alerady present in the system: NATO, russia and so on, plus user-defined flags as insignias).

By principle, it should be possible to use a single texture for all of the mentioned textures above. Only tricky thing is that the materials RVMAT's are also present in the system as noqh and smdi. Merging the textures should also include a merge of those normal textures.

Quote[/b] ]Merging the textures should also include a merge of those normal textures.

Hehe correct. Did you check the merging process Sy posted?

Quote[/b] ]Merging the textures should also include a merge of those normal textures.

Hehe correct. Did you check the merging process Sy posted?

I noticed Sy's post and it will be of good use to the desert bradley project, too. Indeed I noticed it when TBird releaed the latest APC and merged the textures. smile_o.gif

But actually, I have not tested it yet confused_o.gif

OK, the replacement configs are ready and should be usable to replace the T-72 in older missions with the T-90. I just tested it with Badgers last version, no errors any more xmas_o.gif

Do not use the replacement packs on MP games, when the packs are not installed on the server. Crude things may happen (others see a T-72 which seems indestructable and such things)

Quote[/b] ]Replacement Packs for 343rdBadger T-90

Required addons: 343rdBadger T-90 smurfc_era.pbo installed in an active addon folder

All zips include the smurfc_era_repl.pbo an only one pack can be used.

T90_repl_T72 : Replaces the BI-72 with 343rdBadger original T-90

T90Adv_repl_T72_v2: Replaces the BI-72 with 343rdBadger T-90 model and Marijus weapon layout

T90Adv_repl_T90_v2: Replaces the 343rdBadger T-90 config with Marijus weapon layout

Issue: Because the Marijus weapon layout uses the AT5Launcher, the launcher is renamed to "ATGM" in the BMP-2 and BRDM-ATGM

too

Credits to

343rdBadger for his T-90

Q (former WGL team leader) for his replacement config instructions

Marijus for his weapon Layout

Hamis for his engine sounds

Disclaimer:

Use on your own risk. The T-90 ADV config is a M1A1 killer, so do not complain when you play on blufor side smile_o.gif

DL-Link by zShare