Sign in to follow this  
F4llen_

Full ArmA2 website on 1.9.

Umm... it was said quite a few times that the US and Russians moved troops into Chernarus.

No big surprise there.

Saddly it seems youll fight the russians again later, so far i was hoping that you could fight alongside with them or even switch sides in some missions.

Umm...I think you're wrong. They didn't say there will be Russian Army. They said the pro-communist party takes over the state on Chernarus. Then the democratic party asks USA for help. Nobody has said there will be Russian Army yet.

If you don't belive me check out latest preview smile_o.gif

Nope, they said Chernarus wanted to break away from Russia and thats why Russia sends in troops to fight the rouge troops.

Kinda same situation like it was in the first Chechen war in the 90s.

Thats why most of the Chernarus Army soldiers wear a big mix of russian gear and camo ( mostly 90s era stuff ).

How the US marines fit in there i dont know but well see how they explain it.

That Russia requested them is rather unlikely.

oh...finally KAMAZ truck.

Good luck BIS! thumbs-up.gif

So thats what it was. I was sure it was some new type of GAZ. Apparently I got no clue.. crazy_o.gif

This is a good sign to see it updated with a site launch date. It has begun...

I do hope they may have progressed enough for it to be released around the end of the year (Dec/Jan).

So thats what it was. I was sure it was some new type of GAZ. Apparently I got no clue.. crazy_o.gif

yep...and it's written from right to left cyrillic letters. Latin is ZAMAK.

I think it's a good call by BI to use the KAMAZ truck in ArmA2, rather then the Ural-4320 (currently used).

Ironically it seems the Russian Ministry of Defence has taken an interrest in KAMAZ lately.

Quote[/b] ]The new line of special trucks of KAMAZ Inc. is of great interest to the Armed Forces of Russia.

Igor Sevastyanov, Deputy Director General of Rosoboronexport, affirmed this fact. In particular, he mentioned an oil and fuel-servicing truck of “Mustang†series which has high performance and off-road capability. This automobile is called-for by the Russian army, it has already passed state tests, and now the issue of its production financing is being decided.

The official stated: “We hope that as soon as a special truck is added to our armory it will enter the international market as wellâ€. According to Sevastyanov, a KAMAZ armored vehicle created on the basis of an all-wheel drive chassis is obviously of interest to foreign customers too.

Monday, 21 July 2008

Source: Kamaz.net

Now i really, really, really, really hope that the AI will have the ability to automatically drag wounded/'dead' units to safety. crazy_o.gif

But that screenshot looks amazing, those trees on the foreground, the woods in the background, that sky with beautiful clouds..

Amazing, first time i'm impressed by ArmA2 screenshots. smile_o.gif

I was impresed long ago, but I enjoy on GDC 08 smile_o.gif

Yupp, nice shots.

And this is really ingame footage, that`s what i like. inlove.gif

kicks azz! We'll meet @ GC (I hope) wink_o.gif

edit:

I'm not 100% sure, but when I'll go there, I'll know what to do;)

kicks azz! We'll meet @ GC (I hope) wink_o.gif

You go there? Please do some footages of both Arma2 and OFP2.

Regards, Christian

i don't understand what you mean on the pic there Legolasindar?

btw GC will probably rock! biggrin_o.gif

Thats a pretty good edit you did there. Probably wasted a lot of time making it.

That was unwarranted, Legolasindar. Fortunately the pic will be taken down.

Pointless spam and picture > 100kb removed.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Small Tip to the GC08 Visitors of other countries:

I believe that BIS or IDEAs booth wont be on the public hall with all the big and invitend booth's of Codemasters, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft and so on...

As the other years where IDEA/BIs was presented on this expo they will be rent a cheapter booth on the buisness part of the GC08 and there is no entry for the normal public visitors.

So my tip to would be get in contact with IDEA or BISand arrange a meet with them, otherwise you will be big dissapointed because you wont see anything of ArmA2, but maybe of OFP2 on the public codies booth.

wot i would like to know, if its true by the "militry tested" slapped on the side of the picture, is the feedback from them, i really wanna know what they had to say about it

wot i would like to know, if its true by the "militry tested" slapped on the side of the picture, is the feedback from them, i really wanna know what they had to say about it

Don't you know about VBS1 and VBS2?

That's what the "military tested" is referring to.

And considering the amount of money some militaries seem to spend on it, the feedback must be good tounge2.gif

yep i would slap anyone who hasent heard over vbs1/2, what im saying is if they have had any testing on arma2, then maybe we could see what they said about it, or as im tired and its 4 in the morning, i didnt read your post right. goodnight.gif

If the customers of VBS1/2 would have seen some sort of preview or even have used it already, you can be absolutely sure these people do not share their opinions with you or anyone else neither here nor somewhere else.  wink_o.gif

If the customers of VBS1/2 would have seen some sort of preview or even have used it already, you can be absolutely sure these people do not share their opinions with you or anyone else neither here nor somewhere else. wink_o.gif

Lets hope theres a good reason why...

Very much looking forward to this - anyone else find it interesting that the first released screen of the 'new batch' is one of the opposing force with both armour and aircraft in it?

tensions between South Ossetia (backed by Russia) vs Georgia

also tensions rising with Abchazia ...

i think the ArmA 2 fictional conflict is set perfectly into realistic time period and 'sort of' landscape etc smile_o.gif