Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

Dialog to choose any weapon/ammo/gear

It's a brilliant idea, SO handy for those that just downloaded a weapon/vehicle addon pack but can't be bothered tooling around in the editor adding hundreds of playable units or adding lines of init script.

Anyone that claims it's nothing but a (quote) 'cheating tool' obviously doesn't use addons and mods...

LOL just to confuse, I DID mean a PBO version other than just script / init based version.

And you making a pbo version WAS what I was on about . Clearly certain things are best as scripts only for flexibility but all the ideas I threw in the mix "if" they can be packed into an easy-as- you-like pbo then superb. If things have to be as scripts only then so be it.

biggrin_o.gif

Isnt this really a cheat-tool?

I think just about anything can be a cheating tool.

But to call this tool a tool only for cheating does the creator an injustice. Cheaters really spoil good things is all.

I for one LOVE this tool as it was designed.

I have a small group of dedicated players each week and I am the primary mission maker. This tool is fantastic. I can't tell you how much time this thing is going to save me in making missions.

Once every three months or so I host a LAN party at my house with a group of 8 to 12 guys and have done so for many years. We have many hours of OPF under our belts and are just getting into ARMA. This will allow my group to choose their favorite weapon and go.

We do only CO-OP. We always work together. We all like different weapons from Iron sights for the hard core to the Sniper systems for the only play 3 times a year gamer.

As I said before we really aren't the hard core squad. We are the Fathers of small children and the very busy working adults that just want to have fun. Part of that fun is having the weapon of your choice. We only have so many hours to play and I only have so many hours to make missions.

Great tool. It will save me from editing all the missions and dropping ammo crates all the time.

Request.

Could you put a counter\limited use on this so that it could be set in Multi player? That way you all as a group get to pick their load out once and then it would lock for play.

Either way, this is a great tool.. Thanks a ton.

Styxx

I don't see this as a cheating tool, either. (Not playing MP, though.) I like to try out all kinds of weapons, but most missions come with a limited set of them, so I don't have much of a chance.

Since I'm working, too, having the on-the-fly ability to play with them is great, when I have limited time to play missions. This way I get a bit more variety and more fun. smile_o.gif

Thanks for it.

I use a tool that also has these 'features', it means I can spawn any addon into whatever mission and test stuff out its very handy to say the least.

It allows any aircraft BIS standard or addons to be created, and any units from BIS or addons to be spawned.

All the best with this mate.

Any chance of considering adding the ability to 'become' any unit from any side? I've recently downloaded a ton of mods and addons and for the purpose of testing them out it'd be unbelievably handy.

Yes great addon weapon testing tool great for SP etc so i banned it from my server. The GOL server.

1: I dont want players changing from a Unlimted Supply of Strellas to a Javlin all in one go with Unlimted Ammo.

2: Its not far e.g. for the players who spend lots of money on a Warfare on an Aircraft for some player to come along fire a strella press J get another fire it again press J get another etc etc .. you see what i mean. Ruins the Game in MP. You should make a Disable Command. So Map Makers can Disable it in there missions if they dont want players to run it.

I don't think a disable command is necessary (although I don't know if it works the same way as it would in SP), but in an SP mission I'd definitely not want a mission to disable this addon if I plan on using it.

You already did what seems to be the generally agreed-upon way of dealing with possible cheats: disabled it on the server. I don't see why anything else would be needed (although I'm not playing MP, so I may be overlooking something obvious.)

Yes great addon weapon testing tool great for SP etc so i banned it from my server. The GOL server.

1: I dont want players changing from a Unlimted Supply of Strellas to a Javlin all in one go with Unlimted Ammo.

2: Its not far e.g. for the players who spend lots of money on a Warfare on an Aircraft for some player to come along fire a strella press J get another fire it again press J get another etc etc .. you see what i mean. Ruins the Game in MP. You should make a Disable Command. So Map Makers can Disable it in there missions if they dont want players to run it.

I dont understand, why trying to make any "disable" commands, or whatever, when you already can disable it - just do not allow this on your server and thats it, its not meant to be used on in the MP game to cheat.

Map makers don't need to worry about anything as long, as the server admins will take care of this - and that is the proper way it should be.

And if some map maker wants to use some of the functionality, he can put the needed scripts into their mission pbo and alter them in the way he need, and that is it - again no need for the addon, it can stay disabled by the server admin, but the functionality will be in the mission and the use will be controlled by the mission maker.

Yes but some server admins cant disable addons without the correct "Anti-Addon Server Script Set"

And i think most of the people who like to cheat will take this addon, ive seen people connting to the servers with this addon in MP.

I think just making it so it can be run in SP is better off for this. But i guess the dammage has been done as everyone of these poeple with have this version.

I hope you can see my point. Poeple are joining servers with the mod folder name changed and are just running wild with weapons they simpley shouldnt have. smile_o.gif

In order to disable the addon usage on the server, admins should turn sig check on and put keys of allowed mod makers, if not signed, sign it themselves and put it on an ftp so that people can go to the site and download the signatures etc ec etc...

Many servers are not administered so closely, following the forum and allowing each and every upcoming addon or modification. They usually allow all addons instead. What will happen is most of them will disallow/ban all the addons and will not allow mods on their servers which in return will hit the addon community.

I think it would be great if you could be kind enough to make it such that, in MP only mission makers add to their missions instead of everyone having this as addon. This will give teh power to mission maker. If they want everyone to have any weapon, anytime, anywhere, they would include it in their scripts.

this is great, but is it possible to allow only adding the weapon and not add the extra ammo other than the given one?

I think people will start cheating with the ammo option.

Seems to fail in Queens Gambit, mission 2. I was not able to select any weapon/ammo - whenever the dialog is closed, the selected weapon goes away and only the original ammo stays back.

Seems to fail in Queens Gambit, mission 2. I was not able to select any weapon/ammo - whenever the dialog is closed, the selected weapon goes away and only the original ammo stays back.

That is interesting, are you sure it didn't worked only in this particular mission?

I will test it with QG.

I'm sorry for not replying sooner - I completely forgot about this because I (again) gave up on QG.

Yes, so far, that mission was the only one when it didn't work. (I didn't try other QG missions after that.)

I noticed that the mission interferes with equipment during the mission - at the beginning, there is a short while trip on helo, during which the player has control. At this point, the player still has weapons from the previous mission. Then the game switches to cutscene and then back to player control, but replaces all equipment. It didn't seem to matter when I tried to pull up your window - it came up fine but I couldn't select any weapon/ammo. (I could, but once I closed the window, the weapon was gone and only the orignal ammo stayed back.)

Is there someplace I can find the translated key binding codes. have never really had a need for much binding in arma outside of the ingame UI. and have no idea what numbers are what keys.

Admins who are dumb enough not to use signatures deserves to have their server hacked anyway, so its not a big issue.

Anyway this dialog is nice feature if you want (quick)test something. Hope for update and upgrade to all kind of vehicles (land, sea, air, static) smile_o.gif

update is on the way, but its a long way now, because my work forced me to relocate again for few days/weeks, and again it took away most of my free time, so... wait please.

It seems (not 100% sure yet) that the dialog doesn't work when reloading a game. I found several missions already where I had problems opening the dialog - it seems to work at the beginning of missions, but it stops working when I reload a saved game. When it stops working, the only way to get it back is to restart ArmA.

I'll try to use it a bit more to see if the above is correct - for the time being it's just guessing based on a few observations.

This doesnt work with the A.C.E. Mod Beta, can somone fix it so it works?

So, i have another version ready (but not releasing yet, until i finish some more features).

It's got integrated map allowing you to teleport on clicking into it,

and button for instant healing.

(and please, this time leave out your "oh, its cheating!" comments, when it will be finished, it will be a tool for testing missions and addons. Although i must admit, i really enjoy playing single player Warfare while using this)

The next changes i am working on:

1. When selecting weapon, it will also automatically give you some ammo for it, and automatically remove any ammo for which you don't have a weapon.

2. Ability to spawn any vehicles.

3. To alter loadout or to teleport any unit, not only a player.

...and now, excuse me please, i have to go back cheating into my single player Warfare ;-)

5133p39 So any progress on this other version?

I have been REALLY patient.

Still LOVE this tool.

Styxx

I'm not sure if this is the case but for some reason it's stuck in my mind. Check out this tool, I'm not sure if Morsa and 5133p39 worked together on this but contained in Lost Key is a very similar tool.

Lost Key Systems

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=31972.0

For some reason I get the feeling that this is the same thing. Again I could be wrong but it's great either way.

EDIT:

Well I just checked the first thread and saw this was renamed Morsa's, I'm wondering if they are the same person. biggrin_o.gif

I'm not sure if loki reworked/upgraded the anygear system in his v.99d but I've used LKS for a while and haven't seen any troubles with it except that it doesn't work when FFN is active.