Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

ArmA Editing Guide - English Version

yay.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>THANKYOU</span> for this legendary guide!

I have tried couple of things last night and couldn't figure it out. Please help. Was trying to spawn a person on marker. In the guide, there were 3 examples. One example where you spawn a member of your squad on the same spot as a player, it worked very well. But I could not figure out how to spawn on the marker (2nd example in the guide). I did copy/paste everything, but it would not work. Perhaps I am not naming a marker properly, I don't know. What I am trying to do is spawn a hostage that I need to rescue. Presumably he is locked in the small motel and when I take out his guards, he needs to "come out". So I had made a trigger when Independent is not present (the guards), on activation of the trigger the hostage needs to appear by one of the motels doors and be part of my squad. Could you guys please help me figure this one out?

I think that you are talking about MP-Respawn. Please save your mission as mp Mission and it will run of there isn't any other error. Otherwise please please ask in the editing part of this forums.

Hey Bospor.

Where did you got this script from? Was ist from the 5th chapter or from another one?

Please always post the chapter/subitem and idealy the page where you got functions, scripts etc. from which are causing trouble or wont work.

once again congratz and respect for the massive effort to all

people involved notworthy.gif

A big thank you to all involved for this super duper guide! Greatly appreciated by stupid guys like me. notworthy.gif

Best regards

Alex

Please!!!!! yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif and have fun. Again: Please always post us the page and the respective subitem in case of no working scripts or other issues..thank you.

Unless already mentioned something like this would look very nice professionally printed.

I remember Nick on the LOMAC forums printed a handy A5 sized pocket guide for a fee onto quality stock paper.

Hello guys

I will give you the possibility to order it as book during the next days.

I looks GREAT as printed version! I´m already owner of a hardcover guide!!!

Please check this pictures:

Image 1, Image 2, Image 3

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Hello guys

I will give you the possibility to order it as book during the next days.

I looks GREAT as printed version! I´m already owner of a hardcover guide!!!

Please check this pictures:

Image 1, Image 2, Image 3

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Good work, well done guy's

Mr-Murray, What are the costs of such nice book.

(it also needs to be shipped to the Netherlands)

woooo great yay.gif

I hope there are English version too hehe

Hehehe,thanks for freakin out, but we´re talking about the english Version, so await further information from Mr-Murray and get your book...in English wink_o.gif

You can be sure that you will get one costless for your great support Matt!!!

Thanks to everyone of you for this very great feedback!!!

Hey mates

Just want to know how are your first experiences with it?

Is the translation and grammar good enough to understand and the themes are well explained?

Thanks and beste regards,

Mr-Murray

Hey mates

Is the translation and grammar good enough to understand and the themes are well explained?

Mr-Murray

Indeed it is well written and the translation is also good.

I read it all last night, truly a masterpiece.

Great work notworthy.gif

Hey mates

Mr-Murray

Great work  notworthy.gif

Thanks for your feedback. At least a feedback which is dedicated to me and my Team only biggrin_o.gif. I am very proud and happy to read your lines and what you are about to call our work.

So you said you read all last night? So you had squared eyes at the end, haven´t you? If any troubles or other issues ocures so feel free to ask me or even Mr-Murray either over that threat or by pm as well.

regards

MemphisBelle

Hey mates

Mr-Murray

Great work  notworthy.gif

Thanks for your feedback. At least a feedback which is dedicated to me and my Team only biggrin_o.gif. I am very proud and happy to read your lines and what you are about to call our work.

So you said you read all last night? So you had squared eyes at the end, haven´t you? If any troubles or other issues ocures so feel free to ask me or even Mr-Murray either over that threat or by pm as well.

regards

MemphisBelle

Hehe, no problem wink_o.gif

I don't know german enough to say it was a perfect translation, but from what I read, I would say it was an original english text. My "literature translation" teacher considers that it is one of the requirements for a good translation, so, you're on the right track thumbs-up.gif

Just a quick question. Im new to scripting but i am trying to learn. It might be obvious but not to me. on page 124 about generating groups. Where does it go?, what sort of file is it? I made marker on map but have no idea where to put the lines of script you have in the box.

Anyway thanks for any help huh.gif

BTW it is a good book and I have learned a lot, just some things are not laid out for dummies lol

Hello rick1965,

thanks for downloading and using the book, also thanks for your praising.

I am currently at work, but so far I am home again, so I´ll gonna take a look on page 124 and then I´ll tell you how it works.

About using an external script like the one you´re talking about so I can tell you the rough handling right now.

If you have those lines which are representing a script, then copy them and put them in a editorfile (Notepad). Edit the script if it´s needed and save it right in your missions folder which is located in files/ArmA/missions. You have to save the script either as a sqs or sqffile. But in this case you have to save as sqs, so select filetype all files and then enter the name myscript.sqs.

Back in the game the script has/can (to) be executed just by using the command this exec "mysceript.sqs";. This command might be located within a trigger, a waypoint or even within a unit itself.

How about handling the script you´re talking about, so I´ll reply again when I got home again.

MemphisBelle

As promised..

I have uploaded a sample mission. Now you can see how it works to create a Group.

Download

(ArmA Version 1.14 only)

Here´s the way how it works,

At first, you´re talking about creating a whole group, so it´s page 125, not 124... only to avoid missunderstandings at this point..;).

1.) Place a marker on the map and name it to GrpM (this is how it was called in the script, it´s possible of course to use other names, but those ones of course should be present as well in the script!!wink_o.gif

2.) Leave the game by pressing Alt and Tab and open a notepad (Texteditor), copy and paste the script lines from page 125 and name it group1.sqs (as explained in my post above). Save the group1.sqs right in the missionsfolder.

3.) Now go back to the game and save it. Create a trigger right over the marker (that one will disapper if marker is not selected, thats why I placed a Flag on the map).

Adjust the trigger (Activation, size (A/B) and type this exec "group1.sqs"; right in the OnActivation line in the trigger. Make sure that the activation was set correctly, Blu, Op, Res or what ever. Then press preview and run into the Trigger area, the group should appear right now.

If questions still persists dont hesitate to ask me again...but not over pm, to keep it public...

regards

MemphisBelle

EDIT:

Important note to everyone. I encountered a mistake on page 125. The paragraph right over the group script lines describes the name of the Marker as GrpOneM. But in the script GrpM is used only. So either name the marker GrpM or chane the names in the script, but the first way would be more comfortable...;)