Sign in to follow this  
EricM

MI 24 : Who wants it ?

Hey...

I asked first! wink_o.gifwink_o.gif (page 4) :

Quote[/b] ]Hi Guys

Really liking how fast this is coming together, and how the community is banding together to help out EricM and getting this bird in the air.

One small request: Would it be possible to add an Angolan version to the release as well please? It consists of the basic brown and sand camo scheme with the danger sign reading "Perigo" instead of "Onacho".

HindPilot.jpg

HindCamo.jpg

This will be greatly appreciated and good luck with your progress  

(Ps. I can send a weatherized roundel to whomever needs it to save time.)

BTW> Nice skinz & screenies RH thumbs-up.gif

I have made a SLA skin and created a SLA roundel for it. If I have time left I will do a few other skins but I do not promise anything.

I don't know if we (RKSL) will make different versions workable in Arma. I can also be that we just release the basic texture and model working and have the textures of other versions released along with it for others to play with.

if anyone out there is doing a new skin, this one should rate a mention: out of all the paint jobs I've seen, this one is i think the most awesomely aggressive:

1192337xs6.th.jpg

(link to page)

You ever see the one where the Hind is painted to look like a giant bird of prey, with large feathers all over?

You ever see the one where the Hind is painted to look like a giant bird of prey, with large feathers all over?

Check the previous page.

Here's a couple pics I took of the Polish versions in Iraq.

PolishHind.jpg

PolishAircraft.jpg

Check four posts above yours... wink_o.gif

HIND PIC

HIND PIC

verry good idea to make polish version. smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

HIND PIC

HIND PIC

verry good idea to make polish version. smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Won't be very much work to do as Eric told the current camo is based on the Polish camo pattern.

Looks awesome Robert, i only hope that all this skins will get released some time in the future wink_o.gif

With that i mean that i hope that there will be communication between you guys who are working on the same Mi-24 from Eric.

If anyone can do a Syrian Mi-24 texture, my mod (The Lost Brothers) could really use one of those and we would be eternally grateful!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Here's a pic of one layout:

syaaf_mi-25_2808_001.jpg

If that could be made, our Syrian forces could have more then just a BIS M17 for air support.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Robert Hammer : Nice skins and pictures. Better than the first ones if you ask me. Did you add a reflective material for the cockpit ?

On a technical side : If you're using photoshop, I would suggest you to use the feather/path tool to draw the shapes instead of the pencil/brush tool. This way you can adjust the shapes with bezier curves until the lst moment and when converted to bitmap you have superclean antialiased edges.

It may be a pain at first if you're not used to vector tools, but it pays in the long run and you'll see the difference.

THX EricM and for tips too smile_o.gif

yea i added a reflective material for the cockpit , same as on BIS Mi17 and sharper NM to make like a little bis style . Original was too shiny and cockpit was a lot shiny biggrin_o.gif

You made something like this?

RussianHinds.pbo

SlaHinds.pbo

OtherNationsHinds.pbo (Polish, Czech, African, Mercs, Eagle and others...)

Here's those pics biggrin_o.gif

Wow, with the use of the Schmalfelden map, those thumbnails look like real photos!

31852501le5.th.jpg

Oh yeah!  biggrin_o.gif  Very sweet indeed! Thank you RH!

Maybe needs a little tweaking of the colours to match with my Angolan re-skin:

AngolanHind3.jpg

(Artist's impressions are never 100% accurate, use photos as a better reference)

The reason I asked for another Angolan skin is to add a little variety + Hoping this turns out a little better than the RHS Hind (No offence to RHS or any that worked on the RHS Hinds - We just need an optimized version for ArmA / ArmA II)

By the way > The offer for the weatherized roundel still stands.

Ps. the engine covers are the same blue/ grey as the chopper's belly.

Thanks again RH & EricM > Beautiful work!  wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
[mg]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7990/31852501le5.th.jpg[/img]

Oh yeah!  biggrin_o.gif  Very sweet indeed! Thank you RH!

Maybe needs a little tweaking of the colours to match with my Angolan re-skin:

[mg]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n135/Falcon1_Raptor/Screenies/AngolanHind3.jpg[/img]

(Artist's impressions are never 100% accurate, use photos as a better reference)

The reason I asked for another Angolan skin is to add a little variety + Hoping this turns out a little better than the RHS Hind (No offence to RHS or any that worked on the RHS Hinds - We just need an optimized version for ArmA / ArmA II)

By the way > The offer for the weatherized roundel still stands.

Ps. the engine covers are the same blue/ grey as the chopper's belly.

Thanks again RH & EricM > Beautiful work!  wink_o.gif

I see Eric gave you my updated config'ed version smile_o.gif How's the flight model for you?

Quote[/b] ]I see Eric gave you my updated config'ed version smile_o.gif How's the flight model for you?

I didn't actually... Since it's your work aswell, I'm keeping it private until you consider it done, or at least a decent Release Candidate.

I think he's just enthusiastic at the prospect of a new model + lots of new skins.

RobertHammer does have the original pbo to make new skins, but without your config work so far.

Imagine when they DO have the new version...

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]I see Eric gave you my updated config'ed version smile_o.gif  How's the flight model for you?

I didn't actually... Since it's your work aswell, I'm keeping it private until you consider it done, or at least a decent Release Candidate.

I think he's just enthusiastic at the prospect of a new model + lots of new skins.

RobertHammer does have the original pbo to make new skins, but without your config work so far.

Imagine when they DO have the new version...

LOL! DOH.  I thought it was "my" build because the doors are open! Must be the RHS Hind. Oh well its been a long day smile_o.gif