Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

Hifi Sound FX V1.00 Released

I've been noticing a odd quirk with the dynamic range of the sounds in the game, and I didn't know if it was something hard-coded or something that a modder could re-write.

Anyways-

When there's a lot going on, sounds get re-mixed volume wise so that louder sounds start to drown out quieter sounds, and it works kind of okay, except bullet cracks are always played full volume, and end up very distracting, to the point I'd rather not have ANY than hear the constant popping and nothing else.

I don't have long so I'll get to the point.

The update I'd hoped to release today is not finished, I have some serious config work left to do, an I'm alittle stuck. I've got intouch with afew good men, so hopefully I'll be able to release the update sooner..just not quite yet....sorry

I guess all good things come to those who wait.... biggrin_o.gif

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Hey all! Will this sound mod makes connecting to multiplayer games possible? Altered files etc. I have download so many mods that I barely can join a online game now. How do you start a vanilla Arma without mods? Just delete the "@" in the shortcut? I think I need to reinstall everything, and just have this mod if it is no problem online.

yeah mate, remove all the @ folders from your shortcut, or make a new 'clean' shortcut, download 1.5/warfare, that'll work fine as long as you copy the keys as well as the pbo's into the new hifi @ folder.

Best regards

Mark XIII

Wait till 1.6--that's all I'm saying. tounge2.gif

And cash, if you don't like it that's tough on you, mate. His mod, his rules. He's not asking everyone to like it, he's asking everyone to respect it. Didn't you ever learn, not to take what doesn't belong to you--especially without asking? Or would you prefer the more primitive approach to thing? Or let me guess, because it's a "community" no permissions have to be given? We just take, take, take without any restraint , because after all--it's a "community"?

And the issue has long since past and everyone moved on, and yet some yahoo is trying to bring things back up and bless us with his asinine post--intelligence at its best. whistle.gif

We need to gather the community and form a charity to fight for a cure for those poor unfortunates suffering from chronic HIA (Head In Ass syndrome). Maybe we can get Sting and Celine Dion.....ohhh maybe even Hanna Montana, yeah! All else fails, there's always The Wiggles. yay.gif

mrcash2009

Stop spamming the forums.

In case you haven't noticed, this is Marks work - he decides what is allowed and what not. The community you described (where everyone could steal everything from anyone) never existed here.

<s>I'm closing this thread now upon Marks request. When he has something to know he knows where to find the key.</s> wink_o.gif

Hi,

I'm back for a short time an I wanted to update you alittle on the future of hifi.

Dispite obvious 'issues' surrounding the closing of the thread I shall be releasing an updated 1.5/Warfare. This is because I feel its not quite a finished 'product'. And deserves some of the suggestions you guys have suggested implimenting.

As for hifi 1.6, its no longer in 'wip' status, its in the bin..all my other outside 'arma' projects are on hold atm as well. I feel alittle knocked back right now so I guess I gotta get up of the floor, wipe myself down and shrug it off...and thats easier said than done.

To all the people in this community that have help & supported me, to those of you who enjoyed & and respected my work, the update is for you & will be mirrored here soon by myself or one of the guys from Kelly's Hereos..

Again thankyou

Kind Regards

Mark XIII

Take care Mark. Thanks for all your contributions!

All the best mate. smile_o.gif

ow this very sad news indeed i hope your alrite mark ill catch up with u on msn soon. Thanks for your contribution to arma and the community, hey maybe if were nice enough were see hifi in arma2.

I did PM 2 people within this thread, seeing as its unlocked for now Id just like to say that ... my post was a complete "joke".

By that I mean I used the most obvious examples, and was being so blatant it was a parody of some of the views in the previous page posts ref how that view got started. I probably failed to convey it properly as i didn't get a few smileys in.

Quote[/b] ]mrcash2009

Stop spamming the forums.

(the use of plural gives the idea that I spend allot of time spamming multiple forum(s), which isn't the case at all. Never mind I see your point from how it read).

Back on topic .... I'm looking forward to updates on this mod, always have been  thumbs-up.gif

@Mark

First post on your thread... Just wanted you to know, I've long been an avid connoisseur of your HiFi mod and eagerly await any and all future releases!  (including 1.6 if it ever comes to pass! ) smile_o.gif

You have really made a huge difference in my personal ArmA experience.

Sorry to hear that Mark XIII, I really enjoyed your Hifi mod since day one.

Looking forward to the update, and I hope you will come back to the community one way or the other.

I hope things will clear up for you soon thumbs-up.gif

Keep rock Mark, Do your best is the BEST, Beyond yourself!

Polo here admire for you.

Heya,

I haven't updated the readme file for the update, if I get time I shall but for now I'll just post the changes.

Fixed;

T72 & M1A1 engine sounds have been remade, no 'track' sound mixed in, just a good soild engine.

Helicopter engines have been volume tweaked, uh-60 in particular, hope its better!

Added 2 different rockets hits per type to all configs, ie; Hydra, 57mm & 80mm

Remade incoming loops for rockets/missiles, now they all have their own sound and its based on a 'proper' loop system this time round

Worked some of the bugs out of the config and added missing entries to warfare & warfareACE (nothing to do with the ACE addon thats comming out).

I think thats about it, I know for sure we didn't get to add sickboys fixes, I did pm him awhile ago but the guys beyond busy so nevermind, besides those errors don't effect the gameplay & it works online fine so....hope its enough..

actually, a totally off topic question, whats the 'best' suppression system & the best AI range system is? I'd prefer pbo based stuff, not scripts....lol....have you seen my config work....actually its not offtopic really, hifi warfare uses all the firemodes sounds, so I'd like to take advantage of that with the AI, any help would be appreciated in pointing me in the right direction?

Regards

Mark XIII

Rommel IA Edited & Optimized by Sickboy

Here it is finally...

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/

thankyou Jman & all the guys at kelly's hereos for your help & support!! Really, great clan, great people!

as usual your more than welcome to comment & post suggestions, I hope you guys like the fixes.

best regards

Mark XIII

Thank you Mark ! I really love your work. And don't listen to all the whiner you could find in such places. Our ArmA experience wouldn't be the same without you !

Malick

Our ArmA experience wouldn't be the same without you !

Exactly! This is a true must-have mod.

Gives ArmA a totally new feel, like youre really there smile_o.gif

Thanks for the update Mark wink_o.gif

Hello,

I just wanted to thankyou all for you kind words & support, it means a great deal to me! Thank You all!

I'm going to have a good think about the future as I quite like the idea of working on Arma 2.

and now the bad news...

...mrcash

I was sitting here waiting for your post to complete on that fateful day, I honestly thought you maybe posting a video you talked about making in my thread previously...then you posted your 'joke'. This is where it gets interesting, because anyone is welcome to go back to that post, read it, read it again...and tell me where the 'comedy' is, I think the only people that would be laughing at it, or my response to it would be the same idiots you think you were talking about...I'm an englishman, I love our humour, our true values, like honour & sportmanship and yet I read 'that' post and find nothing of value to me, nothing constructive, just a random rant that means nothing to nobody...To blame you in for the death of 1.6 would be very wrong of me, but...after having a week of dodgy BS going on around HiFi you did manage to 'help' me close the thread & you certainly didn't help give 1.6 CPR with your lacklustre, delayed apology.

So If you have any sense, go enjoy what remains of hifi, you say you like it, so maybe stick to playing it & not posting BS on my thread....Thankyou

Ok, with that off my chest I feel alittle better...

Best Wishes biggrin_o.gif

Mark XIII

Mark,

Again just want to reiterate all of my appreciation for the incredible work, time, effort, and love you've put into this addon.

I truly hope at the end of the day you can see past the bad lemons and recognize the overwhelming majority of folks out there who are just itching to see what you would do in a 1.6,7,etc... rendition of your work!

So here's my very small plea for you to keep up the good work (because I'm certainly not competent to do what you do)! Of course, as your schedule and time allow, and just know that the community is grateful and supportive of anything you produce!

Cheers and all the best! biggrin_o.gif