Sign in to follow this  
wld427

SA-26 SAM

I am not claiming this to be accurate in any way. In fact its mostly copy and paste BIS stuff and bits and pieces of different configs put together to make it work. I made this as a place holder until sombody makes somthing better. I would like to release it for everyone to use but i do not know what type of EULA i need. If sombody could direct me to it i would be glad to put this on the forums for download. It works great to make the blackhawks go low and fixed wings go high.

Image1.jpg

Nice try so far, I'm waiting a good SAM since I bought and installed ArmA. In OFP I enjoyed so much the old fashioned Sa-6 Gainful, was really a thorn in my side every time I decided to fly an helo.

By the way, what kind of missiles are those on the launcher?

I'm collecting pictures of some Pantsir-S1 (SA-22) that I would like to model someday, but I have to admit that I am really slow in modeling sad_o.gif

Keep up the good work and thanks for the effort notworthy.gif

they are just the R73 from the Su34

The only EULA is if you release it you have to release it also in a modable format smile_o.gif for others to mod if they wish smile_o.gif

looks good , could you maybe use a modified shilka as base instead a bdrm , i think it would look great too

i like that idea.....maybee a different missile too..... i think i will get started....

You could add some real surface to air missile, the launchers aren't so difficult to model wink_o.gif

Anyway good work so far again smile_o.gif

(edited)

Maybe you could find this interesting :MT-LB chassis + 4 Strelets missile system ( 8 x Igla launchers, each Strelets module comprises two missiles).

mtlbsa16igla01mo4.jpg

Iglas.jpg

m02006120900252.jpg

The modules can be mounted on helos, wheeled, tracked armored units or on ships, so you have a big variety of chassis to choose from smile_o.gif

that looks pretty neat. i am going to research that some more and give it a go. Right now i think i am going to try and finish my SA6 i started a while back.

I was worried that i was the only one out there feeling the need for the surface to air missile units that we had in OFP.

Look, because I do not like just to whine " I miss this I miss that ", I'll give you an help.

I need to finish my sniper addon and a texture work for a mate here in the forum, first, then I'm free.

You could finish the Sa-6, meanwhile. Then if you will, we can cooperate smile_o.gif

I've seen several fixed platforms that could be built as well, with same systems Iglas or Pantsir-S1, and maybe also radars, antennas... all things that may be scary as Hell for pilots but also a real thrill to shoot down with AG missiles or Saboteurs wink_o.gif

Great idea to make some soviet/russian SAM's like SA-26 and SA-6 are great smile_o.gif ,but the best for me is the SA-13 sa13011xi4.jpg

sa1302oy9.jpg

Maybe u know this from Behind Enemy Lines movie biggrin_o.gif

@Godhammer that would be appreciated if we could collaberate on a project. Get in touch with me when you think you want to jump into one.

@ Roberthammer I was looking at pictures of the SA13 and i just might head in that direction. My SA6 model is "OK" for OFP but i am not sure i want to keep working on it if it will not be acceptable for Arma.

Mostly i just need more practice on textures. I think my stuff looks ok then Vilas or RH put out a vehicle and it knocks my socks off. I will keep going.

RIGHT NOW i just need somebody who is willing to take a llook into my PBO and figure out why my stupid damages are not working. That is the current peice of education i need.

talking about the SA13..

has anyone tried to contact Marfy about converting his MT-LB for ArmA?

MT-LB is a really cool vehicle wich is used for just about everything so it would be a perfect vehicle.

you could even make some "imaginary" SLA conversions of it.. like Fuel carrier..

and ofcourse various AA and AT versions biggrin_o.gif

It would rock to have the MTLB in ArmA. That's a great all-around APC that would definitely make a great base for a bunch of SAM launchers. But I hope that if anyone gets permission, that a regular MTLB APC is made as well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yes , a MTLB with Mando missiles that follows the target and turns and keeps following you until it runs out of fuel inlove.gif

( editing )

Posting elsewhere, cause this is not my 3d wink_o.gif

Let's collaborate Folks smile_o.gif

as far as the MTLB... i have put in the PMs lets see if i get a response.

I am still looking for anybody who can help me et the damage textures working. If so then i will put the Sa26 up for download.

latest work in progress

Image1-1.jpg

Nice work so far, wld427! thumbs-up.gif

An animated Radar (like the DKM Tunguska in OFP) would be charming, too. inlove.gif

Keep it up. Looking forward to it!

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Wow holy jesus cakes.... this looks rather enjoyable.... add some fun to the airstrike missions

Hey that's a lovely model, mate!

Great job, seems we are getting there!!!

My best compliments! notworthy.gif

Just a little proof she works.......

Image1-2.jpg

still have some work to do on the turret textures.

This is another fictional one. I named it the SA-33 so far.

I challenge the community to come up with the NATO tag for it. IE skyShark, gauntlet, gaskin, etc

Lookin good, just needs to have its edges correctly shades in O2PE, U for sharp and I for smooth.

Just select the faces or model piece and press the button and it will adjust it, you can also select only vertices to make a sharp cut.