Sign in to follow this  
wld427

SA-26 SAM

Woah, looks excellent.

That would give SLA quite a defence against US A10, A/F18 and F16 !

Regarding the naming convention, I laughed my ass for Gotchaff ! Of course, SA33 Ghost does the job just as good wink_o.gif

Regarding the color, I like it all green and weathered. Soviet and ex soviet machines are designed with rust and dust in mind biggrin_o.gif Keep it that way. Maybe, create a mobile radar truck to go along with it ?

Thanks !

Malick

Aye good suggestion! A support vehicle would make a site look more authentic.

well the turret is equipped with its own search and track radar. So i dont think the radar truck would be necessary. My goal was to create a completely self contained unit. This way is removes the need to have any type of integration and map makers can just plop on out there as a target, or plop a couple to prevent from being the target biggrin_o.gif

This thing is a hoot to play in game. Right now the key to spoofing it is to fly right at it and then break hard at the last minute.

Now we need sombody to make some "wild weasel" aircraft!

I'd keep it all uniform it seems a bit more senseful, you may also want to adjust the land contact, the treads sink a bit too far into the ground.

And I agree..I don't think it would need another radar vehicle, I'd compare this to say a tunguska, radar equipped in its own rather then be like the SA-6 which required the Long Track radar vehicle and so on.

If you are looking to animate the radar then you will probably want to look at this. http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials/lesson9/lesson9_b.htm

Also you're welcome, let me know if you need help with it or something else in the near/far future smile_o.gif, the equipment looked impressive in the editors, can't wait to use it.

Any more name suggestions fellas?

Right now the lead runner is the "ghost" or " goblin"

I say goblin, because out of the night that thing is coming to get ya!!! biggrin_o.gif

spent all day beating on the config for the SA33 im also working on an interior as there is a cargo spot for another crewman to sit. kinda like an internal commander or radio operator something....

Needed a break from the SA33 the texture was pissing me off so i made this thinking of a western launcher. The missiles are from Desert Phoenix's Naval missile pack. Its jsut something i was screwing atound with as a test mule for my config.

Image1-6.jpg

well officially my hard drive went poop.........

hopefully the nerds at the computer shop can save the files. If not i still have the models at least saved on a flash disk and i was almost done with the chassis for the SA8.

anyhoo i decided on the name to be the Goblin. I will save Ghost for my next super secret long range SAM project

Ouch..I loathe it when that happens..had it happen several times... I hope you get your files back, just don't call them nerds when you meet them wink_o.gif

Yeah, especially not as 14 days ago you said you were currently on active service in Iraq, and you wouldn't want to piss off those Iraqi Computer Shop nerds....

Yeah i was in Iraq. i am stateside now.....WIA........

The computer shop dude said it is usually from the 240v power over there even though my power cord and instructions say u can plug right into it. Moral of the story if you are there now or headed soon PLEASE see hadji and get a converter box.

Either way it was keeping my mind off of things and now i have nothing to do because my wife doesn't have Arma on her computer and this huge cast keeps me from walking too much anywhere.

@Pathy ....... i wouldnt let Hadj touch my computer. They like to install things on your hard drive that McAfee for somereason will not pick up. 2 of my soldiers learned that the hard way.

@Pathy ....... i wouldnt let Hadj touch my computer. They like to install things on your hard drive that McAfee for somereason will not pick up. 2 of my soldiers learned that the hard way.

People still use McAfee?

yeah alot of soldiers do because it is free to the US Military on AKO (Army Knowledge Online)

Wellsitting around here with this stupid cast on i have had plenty of time to work on some of my projects. As well as start a few more. here is another WIP picture.

Untitled-1.jpg

Hey guys,

I was given permission by Sebaastion Mueller to use his MTLB pack but never got around to it, well I did but never got around to releasing it. He said as long I gave him and Marfy credit it was fine with him Was just in the process of getting ready to convert it. I am trying to find my original emails, but as I recall he was very generous with it. He's a hell of a nice guy, I will try to email him to make sure. I have MLODS of all models that he sent me. Would love to get this baby in game. I also just imported and converted the OFP swissmod Rapier SAM battery, but I am waiting on permission from them before I release it. I would love to help out!

Lamar smile_o.gif

Hey guys,

I was given permission by Sebaastion Mueller to use his MTLB pack but never got around to it, well I did but never got around to releasing it. He said as long I gave him and Marfy credit it was fine with him Was just in the process of getting ready to convert it. I am trying to find my original emails, but as I recall he was very generous with it. He's a hell of a nice guy, I will try to email him to make sure. I have MLODS of all models that he sent me. Would love to get this  baby in game. I also just imported and converted the OFP swissmod Rapier SAM battery, but I am waiting on permission from them before I release it. I would love to help out!

Lamar smile_o.gif

Great stuff mate - I hope you're able to get those into ArmA smile_o.gif

Stew