Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ArmA v1.12beta update Released!

FOV hasn't changed for me.

MfG Lee

Same here... well if it did, I don't notice it.  What exactly changed.  I play with TrackIR, which for some reason keeps my FOV zoomed all the way out.  Could that be the change, and I'm just used to it from before the patch?

EDIT: I'm guessing they changed the init FOV? and the reason that I didn't notice it was because TrackIR defaults to be zoomed all the way out.

The new FOV is an improvement IMO. I think you guys just don't like it because you are so used to the old one. Maybe they zoomed it in a little too much though.

It still has the old problems though. You can zoom in more when looking through iron sights than without.

IMO the TrueFOV addon does a better job. The FOV doesn't change just because you are looking down ironsights. Zoom and looking through sights are completely seperate, like they should be.

Good to see the vehicle GL bug fixed.

Quote[/b] ]FIX {RECOIL}: recoil and smoke disabled for vehicle mounted grenadelaunchers, grenade shells will be no longer visible in flight

That part of the changelog is incorrect. The grenades are visible in flight, as they should be.

Mouse movement is better. Finally that annoying grid-like horizontal movement when aiming and zooming in with ironsights is fixed smile_o.gif

Great!

Just did a quick test and now there is no issues hosting MP games with a regular client. Makes MP testing for the masses alot easier.

YAY - AGS/Mk-19 GL recoils are fixed, more observations to follow...

Keep it up BIS!

/KC

its simply a matter of getting used to it. a man at 300 meters away isnt a big target you know.

Yes, the ArmA FOV hitherto made him look like he is nearer to

600 metres away (which is an even smaller target). The ArmA

default FOV is like wearing a diving mask under water -

everything is further away and smaller.

The trade-off is "a view zoomed out so everything looks

twice as far away as it really is but you see a lot on screen

at once" (as it is now) versus "zoomed in so everything is

more in true scale but you see less at once on the screen"

(as it apparently is in this patch).

I'm going to give the new FOV a good try since that "200

ArmA metres =  400 real life metres" thing is a great

annoyance (plus the other distortions; rifles in 1st person

view looking too long in your hands, for example). I'm sure

it'll take a while to get used to but at least you can

easily turn your head in this game.

Good on BIS for constantly trying new stuff.

oh dear god!

open, close, open, close, open, close..

make up your mind biggrin_o.gif

Sick bastards biggrin_o.gif

thanks for the update! Now work on ARMA2 wink_o.gif

I barely notice the FOV improvement. Aiming is a bit odd but I think I will get used to it. Although I never really use the mk19 I am glad to see its recoil is fixed because I know a lot of people wanted that and the few times I have used it it was kind of annoying.

Overall this is definitly an improvement good job BIS!

Rick Rolled again.. i cant take it anymore crazy_o.gif .

Ahem... im about to try it out smile_o.gif .

edit:

The new FOV seems indeed a bit strange but the good news is incase you need more peripheral view (for a mout/close combat situation) you can doubletap the minus (-) key on the keypad and the FOV stays zoomed out smile_o.gif .

Wow top notch patch here love it field of view and all good job on this patch biggrin_o.gif

edit:

The new FOV seems indeed a bit strange but the good news is incase you need more peripheral view (for a mout/close combat situation) you can doubletap the minus (-) key on the keypad and the FOV stays zoomed out smile_o.gif .

EDIT: Nevermind. It just wouldn't work on a sniper rifle for some reason. Works fine on the M4. In addition I just learned that you can get inside that building on the hill in Dolores. Its now my favorite building.

The zoom out toggle one? For some reason I can't get that to work for me. I even tried switching it to an unused key and it still doesn't work. I switched it to "/" on my keypad but when I press it it doesnt do anything. If I switch "/" to walk forward i can walk forward with it but zoom out toggle doesn't work. I wonder why.

edit:

The zoom out toggle one? For some reason I can't get that to work for me. I even tried switching it to an unused key and it still doesn't work. I switched it to "/" on my keypad but when I press it it doesnt do anything. If I switch "/" to walk forward i can walk forward with it but zoom out toggle doesn't work. I wonder why.

You have to quickly tap the - key twice, just how you can lock your character leaning left by double taping the Q key or sprint by double taping the A key smile_o.gif .

I figured it out. I had a sniper rifle out and it wouldn't work because of that. It works fine on M4s, MP5s and AK74s now though for sure and im sure most others.

I also realized that the SVD has its higher rate of fire back now. Maybe its been like that for a while though.

Thank you Bohemia Interactive!

The NAT problem is away, voice chat still works perfectly (apart from too low volumes). New FOV is nice.

Thank you!

Since 1.11b and now 1.12b, I can't use the 203 on the M16ACOGGL. Others in our clan have the same problem although not everyone.

Hope soon we will get a final patch released.. so now we can connect to 1.08 server, 1.09 server, 1.11 server & 1.12 server.

Woohoo ^^

Nice work BIS as always im loving the new recoil adds so much more realism to the firearms and good work on the other fixes you have included as well

thumbs-up.gif

Some screenshots showing the change in FOVs:

ArmA 1.08 - 1.11 - Default FOV = 85°

ArmA_111_FOV_s.jpg

ArmA 1.12 - Default FOV = 65°

ArmA_112_FOV_s.jpg

ArmA 1.08 - 1.11 - Zoomed In FOV = 43° (93kb)

ArmA 1.12 - Zoomed In FOV = 28° (93kb)

ArmA 1.08 - 1.12 - Zoomed Out FOV = 92° (no change in 1.12) (92kb)

Theory - 20/20 vision is defined as "normal vision", allowing differentiation of 1/60°. So in 1.12, people running resolution of 28*60 = 1680(*1050) will get visual acuity exactly equal to 20/20 vision in real life. Run ArmA in anything less than 1680*1050 and you will get worse. For visual considerations only, maximum zoomed FOV should be linked to resolution - I run ArmA at 1280x960, theoretical zoomed FOV should be 1/60 * 1280 = 21.33°. Input considerations complicate the issue, since AFAIK mouse input is not linked to screen resolution, meaning lower FOV has an easier time hitting any target at any distance, even though they cannot see any more detail than the higher FOV.

I like the new FOV very much.

I really didn't except this "hotfix" to the 1.11, THANK YOU BIS! inlove.gif

Wow that FOV looks GREAT! 1.11 was a huge step up, can't wait to see 1.12.

I no likey the new FOV, it feels zoomed in too much, especially when looking around... i can live with it but i dont know why they fixed something that wasnt broken to begin with confused_o.gif .

the mouse issus is finally solved, yet by impress a group of ppl another group of ppl get pissed off

i personally just say "FXXK that" and go ahead and play

increase the mouse speed in both windows and games X AXIS remove that feeling greatly

the FOV increase is good enought through

Since 1.11b and now 1.12b, I can't use the 203 on the M16ACOGGL. Others in our clan have the same problem although not everyone.

Then obviously it's caused by an addon.

Old version of Chammy's sound mod maybe.

I no likey the new FOV, it feels zoomed in too much, especially when looking around... i can live with it but i dont know why they fixed something that wasnt broken to begin with confused_o.gif .

Well I don't really like either of them TBH. Try TrueFOVAccurate from TrueMods, much better smile_o.gif

Not a fan of the new FOV.

Is everyone thinking about how nice it looks and not how even further your peripheral vision has been decreased?

Daniel @ April 05 2008,10:22)]Not a fan of the new FOV.

Is everyone thinking about how nice it looks and not how even further your peripheral vision has been decreased?

That and the weapon view in 1st person, walking around it looks as if the stock is under my arm or i have dwarf arms or something, weird stuff crazy_o.gif .

Other than that 1.12b seems stable, going to stress it this weekend smile_o.gif .