Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ArmA v1.12beta update Released!

After the April Fools Prank, im guessing you guys will not believe it except for your own eyes :-D

But it's really here :-D (Beta, However): http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Beta_Patch_1.12

Quote[/b] ]

5245 - Fixed: AI unable to board boats in water(introduced in 1.11)

5246 - Improved: Mouse ballistics allowing for more precise aiming.

5248 - Fixed: NAT negotiation failed issue while connecting to server.

5248 - Fixed: Memory management not called regularly on dedicated server, could cause excessive memory allocation.

5249 - Changed: -vm108 option no longer supported.

5249 - Fixed: Reduced commit charge, esp. on dedicated server (DS now assumes -maxmem=512 by default).

5249 - Fixed: Grenade launcher did not respect soldier animation, always fired in the straight direction.

5248 - Fixed: UTF-16LE files which caused dedicated servers shutdown on Linux are readable now.

5249 - Fixed: Reduced recoil for slow ammo, like Mk19 grenades.

5252 - Fixed: Data loading when entering a mission or after Alt-Tab now does not stop the simulation + communication (could cause BattlEye timeouts).

5252 - Fixed: Force feedback + iFeel recoil effects now stronger and more reliable.

5252 - Fixed: Recoil curves are now less dependent on framerate.

5252 - Fixed: Expression stack overflow handling was not reliable. Fixed by making expression stack size unlimited.

Dont click on the link, you just get rick rolled confused_o.gif

Thank you for the information.

Too bad I'm still at work....

MfG Lee

P.S. Linux dedicated beta server included this time?

Dont click on the link, you just get rick rolled confused_o.gif

Yeah, I got rick rolled bad.

Dont click people, it's fake.

nener.gif

Don't believe I fell for this again.

whistle.gif

Nah its real but not as "good" as the april fools one would have been.

Quote[/b] ]5246  - Improved: Mouse ballistics allowing for more precise aiming.

I really, really dont like this. I never had much problems with the 'pixel skipping', but after this patch mouse movement feels very inconsistent/draggy. (No matter what i do with my 'flip queue size' which lessened the dragginess in older versions)

Any way to turn this off?  confused_o.gif

EDIT: After trying a bit more it seems like ill be able to get used to it, though i preffered the old way.

Do I need to install the 1.11 beta patch before installing this, or is 1.08 enough?

Do I need to install the 1.11 beta patch before installing this, or is 1.08 enough?

v1.08 should be enough

damn, still black screening on vista x64 4GB.

Not here mate, already since v1.11beta.

Please make sure you got latest drivers installed aswell as hotfixes, or rather SP1 when possible.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki...._screen

Running here with 8GB ram and it's running just fine, no black screen at all.

yeh it was supposed to be fixed in 1.11 but it didnt work either. i posted about that in the feedback thread and a dev asked for system specs, which i provided, but didnt hear anything after that.

and yeh i have all the latest drivers and sp1 etc.

i get the feeling its something to do with the 1GB graphics card.

Quote[/b] ]damn, still black screening on vista x64 4GB.

No problems for me. Using Vista Ultimate 64 with 4 GB RAM. (On a side note, with RAM being so cheap... sickboy do you see a big difference between 4 and 8 GB RAM? I have yet to max out 4 GB, but have come very close...)

Now to see how the dedicated server runs (as far as connection issues go).

Thanks!!!

Mosh

I only have one bug I'm really interested in, the "throw" action is not captured as a global "fired" event in MP.

But thanks for the heads-up smile_o.gif I will try it out for sure.

I got a queasy feeling with the new field of view. Which is odd, since I've been gaming since an Apple II GS was state of the art, and I've NEVER had nausea from a video game. Maybe I'm just not used to it, but it feels like I have tunnel vision. I like how a man at 200 meters looks more like a man at 200 meters now, but the difference is jarring.

I'm going to mess around with it some more before I condemn the new field of view entirely.

Question... Do I un-install the 1.11 beta BEFORE installing this? Or can I install this on top?

Question... Do I un-install the 1.11 beta BEFORE installing this?  Or can I install this on top?

Nah you can install on top of it, "Upgrade", but many prefer to simply delete the beta folder from the ArmA folder, and then install v1.12update.

Quote[/b] ]Now to see how the dedicated server runs (as far as connection issues go).
At the 6thSense.eu Server, everything is fine now. No more hamachi, wahooo yay.gif

Somehow I think im noticing performance improvement over v1.11beta, esp when spectating choppers around Northern Sahrani, im just hoping Placebo aint messing with me (not the person :-D)

My server is running fine also now. This update did the trick.

I also notice minor improvements over 1.11, but maybe I'm just hallucinating...

So far so good, everything running smooth as can be.

Thanks again!!!

Mosh

What is this new field of view? What is the difference to 1.11?

-vm108 option no longer supported.

uh-oh. 1.11 made me drop textues and lod all the time even with settings set to low on all. vm108 fixed it for me. I hope 1.12 has fixed whatever the issue i had with the new virtual mem system or ill be a very sad panda.

I think aiming has improved a lot... At least I can aim very smooth and the mouse doesn't jump across the screen anymore smile_o.gif

On the other hand I have many (datailed) lods loading too late. If I run through a town for example I have to look at objects 1-3 seconds until they display correctly.

New FOV is awfull. Its simply causing tunnel vision, it don't feel right for me sad_o.gif

its simply a matter of getting used to it. a man at 300 meters away isnt a big target you know.

Guest Ti0n3r

nevermind. I found out something nice biggrin_o.gif

its simply a matter of getting used to it. a man at 300 meters away isnt a big target you know.

I gather this had made targets seem closer, or at least more in scale with real life. Just now with less peripheral...