Sign in to follow this  
the-f

ACE Everon - BETA version -Read the details please

Great work! However i have two suggestions what i think could be tweaked:

1. Roads are to bright compared to the dark floor-color

2. The ground-texture is way to dark for the Arma-Universe i think

But so far great work again! wink_o.gif

Hi.

Thanks for the new island, makes me remember some old missions.

However, those bushes are questionable. They somehow look worse than they did in opf. Really detracts from the gameplay. The ground textures need to be tweaked to better match the grass. The roads could use some work, like new textures or maybe even new road models, they dont seem to reflect light as is. Those 3 things kind of make for a cartoony look.

Sorry if I seem harsh, I do appreciate your work, but a classic island like this deserves to look as good as possible.

Also I noticed ladders and anims arent working. It's easy enough to make them work in V3, but im guessing this isle never saw V3.

Good luck with the final version.

would be great too have all the OFP islands like this then id be in heaven notworthy.gif

i no it run awesome on my system online thats forsure biggrin_o.gif

I tested it out (on the ground) and I'm not sure what to say other than it looked like an old game.

The roads and ground textures look like a washed out pixilated mess for example. I cant work with that.

I dunno, people have different tastes in what they want to play on I guess. I like the idea of Everon and the other islands in Arma but updated versions. I understand what your aiming for, Im just one of the guys who wont give up the visuals.

Not a scientific evaluation, just what came to mind when trying it out.

OFP conversions are always welcome.

Just some minor comments on the texturing.

Perhaps too much black in the sat map texture. Black is a shadow and should generally not be painted onto a texture. Let objects casting shadows and bump map effects create black.

Also not really sure you need a highres sat map at all. If it's the view from the ground that's a priority, you could probably get away with a lower resolution sat image and simply increase the noDetailDist, fullDetailDist in the island's config. You'll get the same tiled effect with a single far smaller detail texture, your mask will do all the placement work. A high resolution sat image works when you're painting specific detail such as the change in terrain at the edge of a runway, or using it to determine topology and object placement.

Looking forward to the next release smile_o.gif

This is a great island. Now that I have seen this update, I will be looking forward even more to the ACE port of the Leusderheide and Havelte maps. A minor point of criticism concerns the ground texture, which seems a bit too dark. A slightly lighter colour that would be more similar to the shade of green of the grass and other vegetation clutter would improve on an already good island.

Regards,

Sander

(...)

Edited by Andre

noone know why i have white "untextured" roads and some buildings... (like the barn just south of the runway, you know at the hill, and the telephone poles.)

could it be a addon conflict?

South East Everon when looking the roads below from the hill sides the road textures become transparent just and overlay problem I presuming

Unfortunately quite a few things went wrong in this release.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Like stated, it is important to understand that this is still a beta

version as some aspects need fixing or rework.

We will work on the textures. Yet you need to understand that

the goal is not great textures from the plane perspective.

It is meant for infantry ground combat.

Again most important its not meant to be up to the level of CWR

or other ArmA custom islands. This is an OFP conversion!

We will try to improve the visual quality. Yet our goal is to

release more playable islands with great terrain instead of

best looking ones.

Again thanks for the feedback and hopefully you look forward

to future updates.

@the_shadow

This problem will be fixed. Thanks for the report!

@volkov956

Thanks for the report! We will look into it.

Thanks for the constructive feedback paragraphic, Enixj7,

mr.g-c, Fitzee, CanadianTerror, dmitri and sander!

smile_o.gif

its mostly the ground texture (because its so dark and repeats so much) a sat map would work alot better tbh.

Just on an aside there, good job Q, I was looking forward to seeing your reply, and I had bet (albeit with myself) that you would go ape after seeing those replies. I probably would have. smile_o.gif

Kudos for not being an idiot and going nuts, good that cool heads prevail. smile_o.gif As a "reward," I'm gonna try the island out.

Just expanding on the satmap idea, areas of Norway, Denmark and Sweden would look (in terms of terrain) very similar to Everon.

I agree on the dark, repetitive ground texture. It reminds me of WGL textures for OFP everon. I would rather recommend using textures from northern sahrani (if legal and possible). The green meadows with that grass, the brownish fields with haystacks represent the look of rural everon just perfect!

I agree on the dark, repetitive ground texture. It reminds me of WGL textures for OFP everon. I would rather recommend using textures from northern sahrani (if legal and possible). The green meadows with that grass, the brownish fields with haystacks represent the look of rural everon just perfect!

I have to agree here, the textures currently used kinda break the immersion for me. (Yeah, im getting spoiled.. tounge2.gif )

i can't play thuis map with a dedicated server. memory alloc problem.

someone here has seen that ?

Probably the overall file size is too large (1 GiB).

The update should be out soon. whistle.gif

thanks/ a crcti is awaiting for your island whistle.gif

File is taken offline for incoming update. xmas_o.gif

Just played a 3hrs MFCTI COOP on it last night was a blast to play on this classical island notworthy.gif