Sign in to follow this  
franze

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

Thanx Franze . I really like the GUI V 0.3 over the 1.11 .

All we need now is a carrier. Thanks for the addon .

Either GUI is good, i've also noticed that there is sometimes a number of bombs left on the pylons after dropping them from the XWS version!

Are the effected pylons usually random or are they specific, if so would you kindly post a picture of it?

Ok, finally updated to Beta 0.4:

- Converted weapon system to that used in the XWS test version. (Note: You will need to modify any custom loadouts you used, otherwise the script will detect old loadouts and replace them with new defaults).

- GUI updated to GUI used in XWS.

- Private key now included.

- Experimental thrust enhancement function to produce better speeds and acceleration without the use of afterburner.

- Missile warning will now add attacking unit to the fz_f18_harmarray unit list if not already there.

- Various bug fixes.

Get Beta 0.4 here.

In addition, the F/A-18E XWS Test has been deprecated and replaced by generic grey versions of VFA-14 and VFA-41 aircraft. It requires F/A-18E/F Beta 0.4. Get it here.

Typically, when trying to gather the info you requested, the system works flawlessly, and all weapons vanish from the hardpoints.........................

From what I recall from when it happened, the affected hardpoints are either 3 or 4, and 8 or 9. And when these hardpoints are equipped with two bombs (Mk82's, Mk83's, Mk20's, CBU78's, GBU12's, or GBU16's)...........

And now you can ignore this, as Franze has released updated versions as I was typing the bug report.

Nice work Franze..............

notworthy.gif

I've found a bug on the xws version f18F,

Your commander / Gunner always seems to die as soon as the mission starts....................

Other than that, a good update.

notworthy.gif

@PSYCHOSIM

This was a bug that slipped through for the generic grey F/A-18F with gunner. I'll fix it in the next update. The standard F/A-18F AWS with gunner will not have this problem.

@El nino Foxhound

Thanks for the continued support with mirrors. smile_o.gif

One thing I have noticed since I believe your first release is that when the plane crashes or explodes in mid air (Which is rare thanks to the chaff/flares) that the pilot and gunner/commander do not remain in the plane. They seem to just magically appear on the ground and do a death/falling animation.

A small problem here....

After updated to 0.4, I have no idea that how to modify the weapons on hardpoints now...

Can anyone show some example of this version, please?

------

btw, I think there is a bug

I got shot down by ATM from Ka-50 just short after took-off from airport

they can lock me with Anti Tank Missiles....

Even through I pop out flares and turn on AB

their missiles still got me on the air lol

Put an ammo truck near it (think its < 50m) and then select "arming menu" from the action menu.

I mean edit the weapon setting without trucks

I have some mission which the plane began on the air

They need to armed with bombs or missles and ready for CAS mission.

In older version, I can do this with no problems on editor

I just put something like this:

this animate ["auxtank_switch",0.5];this removeWeapon"fz_f18_aim120_4";this addWeapon"fz_f18_agm84_4";this addMagazine"fz_f18_agm84h_4";this addweapon"fz_f18_agm65e";this addMagazine"fz_f18_agm65e"

then I can use these weapon at beginning

But after 0.4 version, I got very confused from the new weapon systems.

You can modify starting loadouts (if highly complex): by using the following to remove weapons:

E Single seat -

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this removeweapon "fz_f18_aim7"; this removemagazine "fz_f18_aim7"; this removeweapon "fz_f18_aim120_4"; this removemagazine "fz_f18_aim120_4"

F Two seat -

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this removeweapon "fz_f18_aim120"; this removemagazine "fz_f18_aim120"; this removeweapon "fz_f18_mk83hd_4"; this removemagazine "fz_f18_mk83hd_4"; this removeweapon "fz_f18_agm88"; this removemagazine "fz_f18_agm88"

Then add the magazines and weapons for the specific pylon you want (not counting wingtip weapons - default AIM-9X and AIM-9M are backwards compatible):

this addmagazine "fz_f18_hp6_480gal_1"; this addmagazine "fz_f18_hp7_aim120c_1"; this addweapon "fz_f18_hp7_aim120c_1"; this addmagazine "fz_f18_hp5_atflir_1"; this addmagazine "fz_f18_hp8_gbu12_1"; this addweapon "fz_f18_hp8_gbu12_1";....etc

Do so for each pylon (if required). Same process as old version, just more weapons!

thank you about that

But I think that I really don't like the new station system

although the GUIs are good

it's fairly easy to get cunfused which station you are choosing while engaging multi-targets or carring three or more different kind weapons

you have to keep looking up-left corner to make sure what weapon you are selecting or you will oftenly fire AIM into tanks or HARM to a laser marker...

Only had a few flights with this new version will try more.

Is it possible to make/switch the green HUD color darker?

Your plane is very good to handle at low level flight too! Thanks.

Is it a 1.12beta bug or you cannot lock BRDM with tab/select?

Was the BRDM's engine on and did you try to lock onto it with multiple aircraft?

I dunno, they were firing at me, in that case I guess that they used a good tactics against me wink_o.gif i used only one plane.

I can't seem to get this to work at all... or I am just blind and can't find it in my list of air vehicles. First and foremost, I know how to set-up my mods. I have the @F18 folder, inside that is the addons folder, inside that is the fz_f18.pbo file along with the readme and the bisign file. I get in game and go to the editor and just cant seem to find this f18. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? I am using 1.12 beta by the way.. but I remember having this problem on an older version of the f18 in a previous version of arma as well. Thanks

what did I miss if the pilots are standing in the aircraft?

what did I miss if the pilots are standing in the aircraft?

Japan 4

Not sure if this has been asked, but are there animation codes availabe, so you can open/close canopy and fold/unfold wings by any chance?..

That would look great  smile_o.gif

Thanks