Sign in to follow this  
the.d

Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion

Hello muju

Quote[/b] ]Add Ons that, in addition, should be loaded by the dedicated server in order to improve stability and/or guarantee a consistent gameplay have been tagged "[@Server]".

Usually, server-side addons will work for all clients - but as far as I know it can't hurt to use them client-sided, too (that way you do not have to load a different mod setup when engaging in single player missions)

Update:

(* update news and postscriptum: see current latest post )

Thank you for the answer.

Sometimes this server side/client side stuff can be quite confusing.

Just wondering how the new JTD mod effects is used in conjunction with Madmatts and ECS effects? Where does it need to go in the mod folder order to get the best effects from JTD, Madmatts and ECS basically?

Yeah, muju, server / client stuff is very confusing indeed - the weirdest effects can occur. I'm doing this with basic trial & error "research" so I may very well be wrong quite frequently. So far it seems to work but don't ask me how, hehe. Thanks for the question :)

456820, it's pretty much the same as before. As described you could move JTD to @Replacement (or just keep @JTD if you prefer!) and load that after whatever modfolder MattEffects is in. E.g.: Matteffects in @General, JTD in @Replacements, ECS in @ECS - the best-looking combo (in my opinion) is this: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=DBE1;@ECS;@General;@Replacements

(Note that ECS should be loaded first regardless)

Hey The D. , why don't you mention the SLX mod in your list?

It seems to be one ''must have'' when it comes to immersion.....

Hey The D. , why don't you mention the SLX mod in your list?

It seems to be one ''must have'' when it comes to immersion.....

(as The.D is busy at the moment, I'll answer)

This has been mentioned before but anyways:

SLX does bring some really awesome features but it doesnt work as it should with most of the mods that are on the list

(basically, we'd need to get rid of the smoke and some other features).

If there will be an update to make SLX more modular or just a "community fix", SLX will definitely be in the list wink_o.gif

Schland :-(

Hey , I seem to need some help with Durgs Vegetation Fix. I ran the .bat and everything but now when I start the game I always get a message about missing caplants , I can't resume any missions cause it says it has been deleted. Any idea how to fix this?

Oh I also don't have a plants.pbo file anymore but I found its bisign,what exactly did this thing do to the file?

Hello,

I' use SLX MOD and i'm very interested by use most of your AddOn. But i'm think some will be redoudant and some take the place of the other either SLX or the AddOn.

Could you help me or say it's impossible

Thx in advance

And sorry for my english (i'm French)

See you, ExA

Hello,

i've dl "JTD Smoke Effects" V5.21Beta (Cause no DL for the 5.2) and it's seems not working at all. i've create a mission me behind 4 ennemy launch 2 grenade and ennemy couldn't see me fire in air and the ennemy kill me trough smoke sad_o.gif

Please help or say to me if you have the same

NB : i've put as you say the pbo in @remplacemt not in @general

Thx, ExA

Hey Turkeys, afraid I can't help you with that. Works fine for others it seems - best to post this question in the addon's thread.

--

Salut Exaercase - the short answer to your question about SLX is: It's not possible yet, but it might be in the next version. I very much recommend the mod.

As for JTD smoke, may I suggest you ask your question in the proper thread - I wasn't able to recreate this issue both in @General/AddOns and in @Replacement/AddOns. Are you positive you're using "DMSmokeGrenadeVB.pbo"?

--

Hopefully the list will get an update soon. New releases and great work by Karaya1, Q and HeinBloed (yet again). Didn't find the time yet to test their addons for list compatibility and implementation.

Hey Turkeys, afraid I can't help you with that. Works fine for others it seems - best to post this question in the addon's thread.

--

Salut Exaercase - the short answer to your question about SLX is: It's not possible yet, but it might be in the next version. I very much recommend the mod.

As for JTD smoke, may I suggest you ask your question in the proper thread - I wasn't able to recreate this issue both in @General/AddOns and in @Replacement/AddOns. Are you positive you're using "DMSmokeGrenadeVB.pbo"?

--

Hopefully the list will get an update soon. New releases and great work by Karaya1, Q and HeinBloed (yet again). Didn't find the time yet to test their addons for list compatibility and implementation.

Thanks for mentioning my little mod smile_o.gif

A new version of it is bound to be released in a few days (as I get time) which will include a number of corrections (CfgPatches section) as well as new units (spotters), new weapon data (thanks to Sickboy from 6th Sense Mod and his team) and several smaller fixes

Wow, as a newcomer to ArmA, I must say that this thread has been an immense help!

Right now, I'm only using SLX and a sound mod, but I'm frustrated that there are some features in SLX that I could easily do away with (SLX effects, etc.). As said before, it would be neat if it were more "modular" so that I could use addons like MaddMAtt's ArmA Effects.

Anyways, I think I'll use a combo of these listed mods instead of SLX for now.

Also, will these mods (especially the gameplay ones dealing with AI, ballistics, etc.)) cause any issues if I were to play online? Basically, do I need to create a separate shortcut without these gameplay mods enabled to play on a standard, unmodded server?

@The.D,

i am updating our groups version of your mod, and you list ch_sounds.pbo, yet it is not in the download file. maybe it was in the previous version, but it is not included in the current version of the M1A1HA mod. or did i miss something? thx.

Hey, sorry for the late reply / update. Uni is killing me.

Karaya1, thank you for a job well done! I didn't have time to fully test it yet. As far as I can tell your addons have to be loaded by all multiplayer clients in order to prevent disconnects in missions that make use of your new units, is that correct?

waylay00, glad to hear, cheers :-) SLX is a great mod, no doubt. I'm hoping for a modular/more assimilable mod update myself.

Files that should be loaded by the dedicated server are aptly marked <span style='color:blue'>@Server</span>, by the way. Refer to the introduction to see how it works, in case you're setting up your own server.

Some public servers, of course, will kick you for using unsigned files or even for files that aren't specifically permitted. Personally, I highly recommend playing ArmA with close friends or squad mates on highest realism settings (which only few servers seem to employ), so I never bothered about this fact.

Steel_WOF: Thank you for pointing that out. I did indeed miss that one - it's corrected now, cheers :-)

Thanks!

Reason being, I went onto a server with most of these mods loaded (including ballistics fixes, etc...). But I didn't get kicked or anything, and I was able to play fine. I'm just wondering how gameplay mods (such as NWD's Ballistics) affect online play if you have them loaded, but no one else doesn't. Does it just revert to default ballistics?

Client / server stuff is rather weird in OFP and ArmA. For details refer to the Biki: Locality in Multiplayer

Here's the TrueMod update - give the new movement features a try. It may feel "weird" in the beginning but rg7621 really has a thing going here if you think about it - very great work, thanks a lot for this :-)

I don't know if this is a problem or not, but the Javelin does hardly any damage to a tank when both Mateck's Tank Replacements (M1A1 and T72) and NWD's Rocket Ballistics are used together.

When playing a mission, I noticed that my Javelins weren't destroying enemy tanks, or even disabling them much, even when hit from directly behind. After a few hours, I isolated the culprits down to these two addons on conjunction.

When NWD's Rocket Ballstics are only active, the Javelin causes the crew to eject, and seconds later, the tank explodes (to simulate ammo catching fire).

When Mateck's addon is only used, the crew simply ejects after taking a hit, but the tank remains unexploded.

When both are used though, the crew doesn't eject, and the tank remains 100% operational, even after taking multiple Javelin hits.

I just thought I'd point this out, as it's rather frustrating that Javelins don;t do much damage when both addons are active.

Thanks a lot for letting us know! I just had several test runs myself and lo and behold - even a full impact strikes for almost no damage at all. Personally, I am going to disable the tank replacements for now. Thank you very much for your efforts, waylay00! :-)

On other news, after extensive playtesting I also removed the following files from TrueMods:

truecanlockonmissileonly.pbo (I'm a huge fan of the GBU laser guidance feature and this seems to be accidently disabled as well),

truegameplay-player-fatigue.pbo (fade-out is a bit odd),

truegameplay-weapon-missilecontrolandstability.pbo (too unstable for my taste, although it added quite a nice touch of realism),

truegameplay-weapon-turretrotationspeed.pbo (good idea, but too inconvenient in the long run - made me think I was using the mouse to masturbate, not turn a tank turret ;-) )

It's mostly a personal choice, but I do try to keep the list "short" (nobody laugh now) so I remove everything that isn't explicitly needed.

How about the no more skodas replacement? Makes the civi cars look muuuuuch nicer. Could be worth adding the list.

How about the no more skodas replacement? Makes the civi cars look muuuuuch nicer. Could be worth adding the list.

I'll just quote ColonelSandersLite's message in No more Skoda's! thread:

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Should probably not be used in mp. Most, if not all of the cars this is replacing are 4-seat. Most, if not all of the cars it's replacing them with are 2-seat. That will most likely cause game crashes.</span>

Also, those skoda's fit North Sahrani (and Schmalfelden) really good wink_o.gif

Karaya1, thank you for a job well done! I didn't have time to fully test it yet. As far as I can tell your addons have to be loaded by all multiplayer clients in order to prevent disconnects in missions that make use of your new units, is that correct?

Yes, thats correct!

456820: Cole is right, got nothing to add :-) As great as the vehicles are, a replacement won't fit into the scenario.

Karaya1: Cheers!

As a little post scriptum regarding server/client handling of my addons:

Only those addons that add new units (Air, Infantry, QG, SAM) should have to be running on both sides, the other 2 (Tank, Weapons) however should be good to go even if only one side runs them as they only tweak settings for already existing weapons/units!