Sign in to follow this  
the.d

Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Launcher Replacement Update!</span>

Working better now thanks to Robert_Hammer!

Also, weapon_replacement_launcher conflicts with GDTMod Launcher IronSight!

Download weapon_replacement_launcher v2 here:

http://mihd.net/sd6n38g

Binarized, Signed, BiKey included.

Have fun!

Any plans to place all your replacement packs in one compilation, complete with tweaks?

NWD_RocketBallistics.pbo and gdtmodtow.pbo conflict on TOWs.

Enixj7: Good idea, yeah. Maybe it is time to make one single file out of it. We'll see what can be done.

alef: Are you sure? It seems to work for me; not getting any ArmA.rpt errors either. I'll test it further as soon as I find the time, thanks for your message!

(* update news and postscriptum: see current latest post )

alef: Are you sure? It seems to work for me; not getting any ArmA.rpt errors either. I'll test it further as soon as I find the time, thanks for your message!

NWD overrides GDT if both are put togheter in @general\addons. NWD let the TOW bounce on an invisible wall at around 1700m, while GDT let it fly over. Try with the kronzky range and its bullet cam to see the effect and the range. I've don't checked the arma.rpt at all.

Enixj7: Good idea, yeah. Maybe it is time to make one single file out of it. We'll see what can be done.

We wait it with impatience! pistols.gif

I'm not sure if anyone told this, but some xtra mods (probably part with ammunition) conflict with NWD Tank Fire Control Systems - there's no ammo in tank when you place it in editor. And when I use Ka-50 (HEAT) from the xtra modpack, my game sometimes crash. I deleted all xtra mods and everything works fine.

I also use FFN mod 1.3, and everything works fine for me. (I don't use 6th pack AI, only VFAI and no ECS.)

Not so necessarily that it will be one file. The server with the kept structure of folders and files would be the good decision for downloading and updating of mod.

To All will be enough to download mod only once, and then is simple to update separate files, having seen updates on webpage  which would be on the given server or here.

In my opinion to update mod better not more often than once a month.

Now the main thing to collect and lay out this mod. Because to change it always it is possible.

Well, if you fine folks compile these mods in one file you will get my download. I just don't have the time to go through each modification and one file would be amazing. I'll be watching! notworthy.gif

I've downloaded the @General mods and run them throuhg some programs to see which config.cpp entries are set between them. The result is this (pastebin.com for 1 month) Warning! 1MB.

You read the list in this way:

* first the unpacked config.cpp paths in the archives (zip,rar or 7z + pbo)

* second the configs entries these have in common

It works in this way:

* unpack all the mods (7z, rar, zip, with 7zip) in a directory

* unpack all the PBOs found there

* unrap all the config.bin found there

* preprocess the config.cpp with a standard C preprocessor (cpp -P config.cpp)

* parse the config.cpp through a parser which output it in a in-line format (like cfgweapons::m4::burst::maxrange)

* take all the processed configs and do some kind of sorting in a BASH script to produce the list

Take into account that:

* some mods require include files from outside which are not loaded

* the check is made for configs setting a value, no matter if it is the same

* don't still know if my config.cpp parser works for all the cases

TheD,

you have my support again if you need file hosting - i can provide the space and bandwidth.

i believe there are apps that can do auto-updates as well.

yes - swupdata. the EECH mod team uses it. it seems like it is fairly easy to use. i can host the repository.

http://swupdata.sourceforge.net/

Easy now, haha! I thought Enixj7 was referring to the replacement files found in @Replacements, where some of the packs could indeed be summarized and re-ordered into packs like "infantry_weapons.pbo" and "vehicles.pbo". Even then, I hardly find the time to do just that, I'm afraid.

My scripting skills are nearly non-existent so it'd take quite a while to get into this and my studies have been very time-consuming recently (lab reports galore). I cannot tell when I'm actually "back" to gaming - 15 min of Armed Assault in the last 4 weeks isn't plenty :-(

I sincerely appreciate the idea, alef, and your kind offer of support, Steel_WOF; it could indeed be done with some @General files - if the pertaining mods' authors agree. However, the huge advantage of the current multiple files system, as hard to overlook and inconvenient as it might seem, is simply that single files/aspects can be added or removed. Until the compilation would be 100% seamless and bug-free and could further be designed to match the taste of at least the majority of players I don't think such an endeavor would be worth the trouble (and trouble it would be).

Assasin93 mentioned compatibility issues between xtra mods and NWD (thanks for that, Assasin93). There are further issues, such as the aforementioned GDT incompatibility with NDW rocket ballistics and cole.cz's launcher replacement with conflicts with GDT's sight fix for launchers - not to mention Red's fix reverting the infantry weapons replacements to vanilla models again.

Then there's the issue of taste - do people prefer Russian infantry on SLA's side or do we stick with SLA Redux? Tank replacements yes or no? I usually move unused files into my "Disabled Add Ons" folder till I need them. Heck, I sometimes used to load up Arab voices and a suiting replacement and went on a terrorist hunt in Warfare / Evolution for just one session of ArmA :-)

I will re-add the "Deleted Files" chapter to the list, to make sure that not every file of an add on pack, such as xtra mods, is compatible with the rest. I will do that as soon as I can.

Thanks for your posts!

The.D,

instead of "Fidelis Russians" try to use "RHS_RF_Units and Weapons_v.2.00".

Do not use addon "M1A1 (HA)" because the balance of the sides is obviously broken in it.

Collect minimally necessary mod, the main thing that it will completely working and had no conflicts.

The.D,

we have two rate of fire fixes?  one from Q11 and the other from zGuba?  do they complement or conflict/override?

The link for Colonel Sander's Lite's 1st Infantry Replacement Pack is no longer good?

looks like EVA is now eva_core.pbo, not eva.pbo (along with eva_voice.pbo).

Thx.

Hi,

i've just reinstalled Arma after a long period, could you recommand me a realistic full conversion mod (so i don't have to install 50 addons) ?

thanks

Hi,

i've just reinstalled Arma after a long period, could you recommand me a realistic full conversion mod (so i don't have to install 50 addons) ?

thanks

Hi there,

As far as I know, there is no mod like that at this time (and that's kinda why this thread exists..).

There is one in progress: ACE - Advanced Combat Enviroment.

No ETA though, let's just hope we get it as a christmas gift smile_o.gif

Hey everyone! I am very sorry for posting so scarcely. I am rather occupied with a lot of personal matters and do not find much time to play Armed Assault let alone test new add ons.

I am looking forwards to having a good coop again soon, though :-) *blinks towards Mark and Cole*

adam264: RHS has been mentioned before and was in the list for quite a while. I decided to remove it, however, as it changed too much contextual game content. Personally, I prefer the fictional "SLA" over Russian replacements; if one does insist on using Russians, I think one might be quite happy with Brian's work.

Don't get me wrong, though: It is a remarkable add on and very recommendable, it just doesn't fit in here - This list is by far not a general add on overview, I'm afraid :-)

Steel_WOF: As far as I know ZGB_Weapons.pbo changes ROF for the 2A42 and S8s only - q11 should round out infantry weaponry.

Zander: What Cole said! ^^

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>

Edit / postscriptum:

- 05.03.08: Added andersson's "Unique models for different ammo" - well done!

Misread one of the posts: ColonelSandersLite is, of course, the author of the 1st Infantry replacement - sorry!

Added sdoc's suggestions, thank you!

- 06.03.08: Added Ebud's "SF Forces" after MEDICUS' suggestion.

- 10.03.08: Updated replacement files and links for RoberHammer's "AKs Pack 1.5".

- 13.03.08: Thanks to william1 for his RACS replacement!

Added Version 3.1 of Ryan's "Sky Replacement".

- 14.03.08: Updated the V-War! "Infantry Weapon Replacement Pack".

- 15.03.08: Added a chapter concerning ECS and a compatibility guide.

- 22.03.08: Tested all files for ArmA 1.11b (version 10151)

Added dates to the editing notes after acadiancrusader's reclamation. Thanks!

- 23.03.08: Updated Col.SandersLite's "1st Infantry Replacement" to current version!

Updated the ECS links by ofpdeadeye. Thanks for the pm!

- 25.03.08: Added frozzen's "KLMK Infantry" after -snafu-'s posting. Cheers mate!

Included "EVA" by nikietha to the list - thanks to Vultar for the idea!

- 26.03.08: Completely reworked the chapter about "ECS". Merci beaucoup to Joker and Archer for their help and explanations!

- 30.03.08: Added Solus' "SLX Vehicles".

Check out the "fixed NV"! Thank you very much for that, s_Hole! (yes, that's the guy's name, don't mind me!)

Busy day, introduced Yeb's "Realistic Designation". Bravo!

Added <span style='color:green'>[signed]</span>/<span style='color:red'>[not signed]</span> information to each add on file. Please feel free to report any errors!

- 06.04.08: Added the first row of "<span style='color:blue'>[@Server]</span>"-sided tags. Updates will follow as soon as my real-life work load decreases.

- 09.04.08: <s>Finally included DMarkwick's "DMSmokeEffects". My apologies it took so long to add this fine piece of work!</s>

Another late addition: VictorFarbau's "VFAI". Thanks!

- 15.05.08: <s>Another designation fix by Yeb! Look at his Grenade Names Fix!</s> Included in Yeb's "Realistic Designation"! Thanks for noticing, Robalo!

Thanks to william1 we have an updated "Flare Countermeasure System". Note it relies on "Mando Missile" by Mandoble, so make sure you get both of these brilliant enhancements!

- 16.04.08: Surprise release courtesy of Mark XIII who brought us an outstanding "Hifi Sound" modification! Great for realism fans!

- 19.04.08: Added zGuba's "Compact Fix"!

Separated update notes / postscriptum as space is running low.

- 20.04.08: <s>Changed william1's "Flare Countermeasure System" entry. There are two versions now (see 2.4)). Thanks for the message, mate!</s> Superseded by zGuba's compact fix!

- 22.04.08: Added the revamped version of Wolfrug's marvelous "RUG DSAI" which he created in cooperation with sickboy. Excellent job there!

- 26.04.08: <s>Proper U.S. pilots thanks to YacieK and Cole.cz, who made an excellent replacement pack!</s> Removed due to a dispute.

Unfortunately, the first post is now definitely overloaded. I'm still working on the .html version and I can't say when it's going to be completed. Thanks a million to Steel_WOF for hosting!

- 02.05.08: Take a look at Mateck's outstanding "M1A1 (HA)" - thanks for sharing, Mateck!

- 14.05.08: Reworked the infantry model replacement section: Removed Ebud's "Special Forces". Alternative ("Army Special Forces") pending due to possible plagiarism issues.

Removed frozzzen's "KLMK Infantry and Saboteurs" and replaced SLA troopers with Brian M Haley's "Fidelis Russians".

Also moved focus towards Brian M Haley's "Fidelis Marines".

Reworked sound replacement section: Focused on Mark XIII's "HiFi FX" for consistency and quality reasons.

- 22.05.08: Included teaCup's "Puny Animation Pack" - don't fall for the adjective, it actually takes ArmA to the next level!

Updated the list to go with Armed Assault 1.14. Great patch, BIS, thanks a lot! This was a much-needed revision and it succeeded superbly!

- 31.05.08: Reworked ECS' entry yet again: Removed the pared-down workaround. Thanks for the impulse, acadiancrusader!

- 09.06.08: Added HeinBloed's "Functional Iron Sight for M136 and RPG-7" - good work there, mate!

Included the top-notch "SLA Redux" troopers by Rellikki. A new SLA standard! Cole.cz quickly made a replacement pack. Thanks a lot to the both of you!

- 10.06.08: Finally added Raven_72nd's "RVN Compass Mod" - very useful!

Reworked zGuba's "Config Fix entry. Flares and some parts of the AI behaviour are essentially handeled by his modifications. Thank you, comrade!

- 15.06.08: "DMSmokeEffects" is now "JTD Smoke Effects"! Thanks for the brilliant graphics, DMarkwick!

- 16.06.08: sickboy's "SIX Pack3" is out!

- 22.06.08: Included one more of HeinBloed's brilliant gameplay fixes: "Workaround for flipping Tanks"

- 30.06.08: "Red's Fix" - a great collection of model and engine fixes! Thank you, Red_153D!

- 13.07.08: Three new addons: Karaya1's great "XtraMod" collection, a smart "Interior Vehicle Sound Volume Fix" by Q and yet another great tweak by HeinBloed: "GDTModHelicopter". Thank you very much for your work!

Updated entries for rg7621's "TrueMods" and his latest work "TrueGameplayMods" - great fresh ideas there, well done!

On other news the list is yet again at its very capacity. I had to cut some of the descriptions in order to make it fit in. I also do not currently have the time to continue work on the .html version. Suggestions are welcome!

- 15.07.08: Simple ideas and brilliant accomplishments lead to enhancements like Mondkalb's "Cartridge Addon": enables proper shell ejection and makes these casings remain on the ground indefinitely (maybe a time-out could be added for weaker systems?)! Dankeschön!

- 20.07.08: Updated entry to VictorFarbau's great "VFAI add on" - thank you very much for your pm, mate!

Included Jonny's "Army Special Forces" - amazing piece of work there, thanks!

Split the list into two parts to get some additional space.

- 03.08.08: Updated several entries, added updates to HeinBloed's "GDTModHellfire" and "GDTModTOW", Karaya1's "XtraMod" and MODUL's "MODUL Sky"

- 27.08.08: Corrected some minor mistakes and updated links in the list. Make sure you check out Red's updated fix!

Added zGuba's "SLX Vehicles fix" - get it here.

- 29.08.08: Added chapter "Disabled or Optional Add Ons & Compatibility Issues" - do feel free to discuss any issues!

- 13.08.08: Kudos to andersson for his extremly useful "andy_binoculars" and Spooner for a whole collection of amazing enhancements, such as "SPON Rangefinder", "SPON Map" and "SPON RearView" and my apologies for overlooking these for way too long! Also thanks to trusty ol' cole.cz for his messages to keep me up to date :-)

- 16.08.08: Reworked the sound mods (chapter 2.5), removed mrcash2009's "mixed sounds" on request (thank you for your message, mate!), added two additional entries and probably forgot a dozen more. There's a flood of fan-made sounds in Armed Assault! Thanks everyone for the hard work you out into your modifications!

Many thanks to "BadBoy" Gilles who went through the whole list and checked it for errors and client/server issues! Merci beaucoup pour l'info!</span>

@ The D.:

I put both addons in my @replacements folder and playtested the M107 (you see it's ammo renamed to AP in the Equipment Box)tonight on the SP Training Utility Mission from 800 m distance against

a) Fuel Truck

b) Ammo Truck

c) Repair Truck

d) BRDM M2

e) BMP 2

f) Stryker M2

g) M113 M2

Results:

Either of the trucks exploded after a short delay of about two seconds if I scored a direct hit into the engine compartment.

An exact hit into the center of the BRDM turret disabled the Up-down functionality IF the turret was faced towards me, thus enabling me to hit into the small gap that is left in the armor plating to allow vertical barrel movement.

Same goes for the M 113: a direct hit into the gap disabled the vertical movement of the gun, thus -had this been a mission with OPFOR- leaving the vehicle unable to fire back at the sniper given the distance of 800 m.

Well, any hits into the turret sides had no effect, though I don't know if a crewman would have been injured because in this mission there is just the player and all the toys, no opposition...

Since the bugged Stryker model doesn't even allow me to use the gun I don't know if I disabled it.

But I could deal one-shot damage to the BMP, alas, not disabling, just bringing the gun to yellow status, similar goes for the tracks: three hits made them yellow, but I did not fire more rounds since I mainly wanted to check the one-hit results.

Interesting,though, is the fact I could not make the wheeled APCs -both BRDM and Stryker- immobile by firing at the tires, even if I fired one round per viewable tire.

All this happened using NWD tank models, which I still keep along with the NWD Rangefinder since the SPON system unfortunately disables my s_NVG adjustment option...

Yeah, I have really bad luck with those scripted goodies, remember when I posted about my GMJ Sight adjustment not surviving a save-quit game-load-cycle?  

SPON Rangefinder is superior to NWDs in terms of lag (SPON=no lag at first use) and user friendly method of operation (SPON= left click at any target and get your distance).

But having SPON Core and the SPON Rangefinder in my @general folder,after removing the conflicting NWD addons of course, made my NVG adjustment options disappear and stopped GMJ Sight Adjustment from working right away,even in a fresh started mission.  

So I decided to go back to NWD until that matter can be solved.  

Hope I wrapped up my complaining about SPON nice enough in the field testing results whistle.gif

tourist

O.O

Alright.... erh... wow.. thanks, tourist! That was quite exhaustive!

I tried some of the things you mentioned - with and without the add on - early this morning and couldn't see that much of a difference except for the ability to (severely) damage a BMP in a direct hit. It might be a good idea to include it, seems like the rifles get a good boost after all. I should have another go at it, thank you very much for your efforts, mate!

As for the s_NVG problem: I noticed that sometimes(!) the menu entries seem to be missing yet the auto-adjustment must have been working - at least I was enjoying rather good contrast and saturation. Also keep in mind SPON Core has problems with Warfare and possibly perhaps other things that rely on certain scripts. Spooner mentions in one of his threads:

Quote[/b] ]Ironically, none of my stuff works well with Warfare, since it both uses non-shared key events (could use shole's Display Event Handler to multiplex key events) and removes any actions you add to player (bad use of removeAction). Can't get around that...

Now, I don't know much about these here multigrade king pineapples but I experienced several (minor) issues (didn't see any problems with the sight adjustment add on so far, but I'll check). In Warfare, for instance, I am able to use the free-hand drawing - sometimes. The menu isn't always there. It does work in other missions, though (just as he said).

I suppose it's a script conflict (me so smart) since Spooner designed his scripts to be integrated directly into a mission when needed - a general add on version that is loaded every time any mission starts - as used by us - might make things more complicated and causes compatibility issues.

I still highly encourage everyone to give the SPON add ons a try. The ideas behind it are as original as useful and the realization is extremely elegant.

Edit: You are right, tourist, it does interfere with the sight adjustment. It works the first few seconds after starting of a new map / mission, then becomes unusable. I was able to adjust the sights a couple of times afterwards in irregular intervals. Hmmm.. this is tough. I'll test it some more tomorrow and add notes to the pertaining entries. Thanks again for your post :-)

In relation to the section on server configs in the first post, what exactly does Ultra AI change? And what changes with the skill setting value? Tweaking and adding some addons has made the AI much "better" for us, but they're still a bit too quick off the mark to headshot at close range.