Sign in to follow this  
_Pingu_

Claymores finally released

Here they are, features are:

- Simulated shrapnel as well as blast damage.

- Peep sight for sighting in.

- Safety mechanism so that you can safely blow a predetermined set of mines.

- Command detonated up to 200m and tripwire (Illegal in many armies).

- Anyone (including enemies) may rotate, attach tripwires or disarm any claymore.

- Scripts included for mission editors to place armed claymores anywhere (pointing anywhere too) with thier own triggers.

Please note! This script does not use extended event handlers and will require you to place a claymore ammo box in the mission somewhere to have them work properly.

I consider this release quite stable, it has gone through two betas and private testing. All mods are free to use and modify this addon, all I ask is that credit remains mine and any useful modifications are made avaliable to the community again under the same pretense (I'll incorporate any good changes). I'd suggest that vietnaam mods take out the night vision for the peep sight and modern warfare mods remove the tripwires if it's not legal. Night vision can be removed in peep_sight.sqf, tripwires can be removed in proximity_loop.sqf. If you need help, PM me.

Here's the mirror for now, will update when someone mirrors it properly. Please call it 'claymore', the version is 1.0.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2624

http://armed-assault.de/downloads/claymore-10.html

http://prison.tibet225.server4you.de/ww2pn...._id=425

Go Pingu!

Wondering where you were today, good to see you still working on those mods.

Nice work and hope to see more.

Nice work notworthy.gif

A side note abt if tripwire is allowed or not.

Contrys that have signed the genevekonvention aint allowed to use mines like the claymore with tripwire, they are 'forced' to have a man with the trigger to use it.

The reason is that the weapon isnt an autonom weapon but its manualy fired like any other weapon, only change is the placement of the weapon and your not holding it in your hands.

BUT there are many contrys who havent signed the genevekonvention so they can/are using autonom weapons how ever they feel like... such as mines with tripwire, AP mines, mines that schread you horrible ect cos they are not forced to use the same rules.

My personal oppinion:

Claymore with tripwire is a nice addition to the kit we can use in the game, theres is no doubt that its effective wink_o.gif

So keep up the good work _Pingu_ ! thumbs-up.gif

WOW!! tripwire!!!

another ARMA wet dream fullfilled!

cant wait to test it when i get home, hope its as bug free as it said

anyway, thx a lot

Nice work  notworthy.gif

A side note abt if tripwire is allowed or not.

Contrys that have signed the genevekonvention aint allowed to use mines like the claymore with tripwire, they are 'forced' to have a man with the trigger to use it.

The reason is that the weapon isnt an autonom weapon but its manualy fired like any other weapon, only change is the placement of the weapon and your not holding it in your hands.

BUT there are many contrys who havent signed the genevekonvention so they can/are using autonom weapons how ever they feel like... such as mines with tripwire, AP mines, mines that schread you horrible ect cos they are not forced to use the same rules.

My personal oppinion:

Claymore with tripwire is a nice addition to the kit we can use in the game, theres is no doubt that its effective  wink_o.gif

So keep up the good work _Pingu_ !  thumbs-up.gif

Also it should be noted that in real life, even countries that signed the Geneva convention often violate it.  I learned how to add tripwire fuzes to all kinds of mines through the process of learning how to disable them. Gotta watch that tension on the line. lol smile_o.gif

Still squeezing that little clacker is alot more fun.  smile_o.gif

Its one damn big firecracker!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Just a side note: the claymore box is destroyable so make sure it's placed somewhere where it won't be. If it is, then you get script errors. Otherwise than that it's perfect. The trips work perfectly, too.

Just a side note: the claymore box is destroyable so make sure it's placed somewhere where it won't be. If it is, then you get script errors. Otherwise than that it's perfect. The trips work perfectly, too.

Good info..

Re tripwires working perfectly i cant say biggrin_o.gif i usualy endup getting killed befor i see the ambush working.. confused_o.gifbanghead.gif Good ambush'es are kinda hard to make smile_o.gif

Re tripwires working perfectly i cant say biggrin_o.gif i usualy endup getting killed befor i see the ambush working.. confused_o.gifbanghead.gif Good ambush'es are kinda hard to make smile_o.gif

Is it because you're spotted early? Try using DMHide addon, simulates you hiding among whatever is lying about, but stops when you move or fire (not including detonating a Claymore).

Nice Work! thank a lot for this. smile_o.gif

that will help me enorm , to built the Swiss Claymore Version called "Richtladung 96" light and heavy for the SWM Mod.

rila96-l.jpg

rila96-h.jpg

Re tripwires working perfectly i cant say biggrin_o.gif i usualy endup getting killed befor i see the ambush working.. confused_o.gif   banghead.gif  Good ambush'es are kinda hard to make smile_o.gif

Is it because you're spotted early? Try using DMHide addon, simulates you hiding among whatever is lying about, but stops when you move or fire (not including detonating a Claymore).

tested and confirm, these claymores are badass thumbs-up.gif

these claymores are great they helped me realise how wrong some of the armour is in arma i placed a claymore beside a humvee m2 and it killed gunner and driver and destroyed the tyres of the humvee. tried the same with a stryker and the stryker exploded with one claymore how mad is that

after placing about 7 mines with tripwire and after some of them blow up i got an error message saying something like can not delet event handler and error in line 77

@Barns: thats probsbly because you blew up the claymore ammo box. Test again and make sure the box isn't destroyed.

after placing about 7 mines with tripwire and after some of them blow up i got an error message saying something like can not delet event handler and error in line 77

I've seen this error before, were you watching the events through scopes or binos?

Anyone noticed any ineffective tripwires if driven through by a vehicle?

I was pratting around playing last night and got some hit and miss results with a tripwire strung across a road and a vehicle driving along.

Other than that, this addon is excellent. Is it fully MP compatible?

Thats probably because the vehicle were driving past it too fast. As i understood the tripwire is simulated by a trigger with 1m thickness, so if the target is moving past it too fast it will fail to trigger. Havent tested it but setting the vehicle speedmode to limited would probably make the trigger work

I guess that would mean having the addon make a bigger zone of trigger but introducing a delay into activation?

or I'll just have to use a mine instead of a claymore to initiate a convoy ambush which is probably more realistic anyway. I just was messing about testing stuff.

Any one using it MP?