Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

Now you have two options for cruise missile launchers.

- Use one from the console.

- Create one able to lock on REMOTE targets, which will attack laser designated targets automatically.

so, i thought that i was not going to ask anymore newbie questions because i could use every feature that Mando Air Support Console 1.52 have to offer. sadly this is not the case lol!

i've successfully destroyed some targets with cruise missiles via the console interface, but i was unable to assign remote targets to the cruise missiles.

i thought that i was able to assign a remotely designated target to the Cruise Missile via laser designator and destroy the target successfully. but it turns out that the one destroying my painted target was not the cruise missiles.

the one destroying my painted targets was the launcher platform(which in my case was an AV-8 GBU) itself. it seems that the AI pilot likes my painted target and decides to drop in the party by dropping some bombs whistle.gif

is my approach correct? or is it that i have to create the missile itself via the editor and inject some scripts that will enable it to recognize and engage remote targets?

How to use cruise missile launchers able to lock on "remote" targets is a matter of mando missile, not mando bombs. Anyway here is an example of launcher setup for a unit named my_scud you may add to mando_bombs_laserandcap.Sara demo mission

Add an OPFOR BRDM2_ATGM named my_scud at rahmadi (SW corner of the map) and modify init.sqf as follows.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// init.sqf

mando_support_no_cas = true;

mando_support_no_br = true;

mando_support_no_gs = true;

mando_support_no_cm = true;

mando_support_no_sat = true;

mando_support_no_am = true;

mando_support_no_re = true;

mando_support_no_ve = true;

mando_support_left_pa_EAST = 2;

mando_support_left_rc_EAST = 2;

mando_support_left_cp_EAST = 2;

mando_support_left_ev_EAST = 2;

mando_support_left_la_EAST = 3;

mando_support_left_EAST = 0;

mando_airsupport_range = 6500;

mando_airsupport_bomb_alt = 350;

vehicle player addAction ["Air Support console", "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

hint "Clean up and capture the enemy airfield\n\nUse CAP missions to eliminate enemy air units and your own laser or reconnaissance laser with laser bombs support calls to eliminate the ground forces.\nWhen ready, call for airborne assaults over the airfield.\n\nOnce finished, call for your own evacuation to the base SW of Somato";

Sleep 1;

if (!isNil "mando_missile_init") then

{

// Checks if you have a laser designator to provide corresponding actions

[]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_haveialaser.sqf";

// Automatic long range missile launcher setup for scud2 unit

if (isServer) then

{

_disp = my_scud;

_posunit = 1;

_ttype = ["REMOTE"];

_quantity = 300;

_minrange = 100;

_maxrange = 14500;

_rof = 1;

_pos = [0,-3,0];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [west, sideLogic];

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_scud.sqs";

};

};

The BRDM will fire automatically long range missiles against your laser targets or reco targets, which means you dont need to use the "LA" button from the console to attack these targets.

You may use anyother vehicle or ship types as missile launchers, just adjust _pos (firing pos) to make sure the spawned missile doesnt hit with the launcher at launch time. Of course you may also add as many automatic missile launchers as you wish.

The missile launcher will not fire if it is empty or in "BLUE" combat mode. Note that rate of fire (_rof) is set to 1 launch per minute, increase it at will.

EDIT:

Note that this cruise missile is not the cruise missile laucher used by the console (doesnt need to be), but an autonomous unit. You also can use the same vehicle or ship for the console missile launcher.

How to use cruise missile launchers able to lock on "remote" targets is a matter of mando missile, not mando bombs. Anyway here is an example of launcher setup for a unit named my_scud you may add to mando_bombs_laserandcap.Sara demo mission

Add an OPFOR BRDM2_ATGM named my_scud at rahmadi (SW corner of the map) and modify init.sqf as follows.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// init.sqf

mando_support_no_cas = true;

mando_support_no_br = true;

mando_support_no_gs = true;

mando_support_no_cm = true;

mando_support_no_sat = true;

mando_support_no_am = true;

mando_support_no_re = true;

mando_support_no_ve = true;

mando_support_left_pa_EAST = 2;

mando_support_left_rc_EAST = 2;

mando_support_left_cp_EAST = 2;

mando_support_left_ev_EAST = 2;

mando_support_left_la_EAST = 3;

mando_support_left_EAST = 0;

mando_airsupport_range = 6500;

mando_airsupport_bomb_alt = 350;

vehicle player addAction ["Air Support console", "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

hint "Clean up and capture the enemy airfield\n\nUse CAP missions to eliminate enemy air units and your own laser or reconnaissance laser with laser bombs support calls to eliminate the ground forces.\nWhen ready, call for airborne assaults over the airfield.\n\nOnce finished, call for your own evacuation to the base SW of Somato";

Sleep 1;

if (!isNil "mando_missile_init") then

{

// Checks if you have a laser designator to provide corresponding actions

[]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_haveialaser.sqf";

// Automatic long range missile launcher setup for scud2 unit

if (isServer) then

{

_disp = my_scud;

_posunit = 1;

_ttype = ["REMOTE"];

_quantity = 300;

_minrange = 100;

_maxrange = 14500;

_rof = 1;

_pos = [0,-3,0];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [west, sideLogic];

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_scud.sqs";

};

};

The BRDM will fire automatically long range missiles against your laser targets or reco targets, which means you dont need to use the "LA" button from the console to attack these targets.

You may use anyother vehicle or ship types as missile launchers, just adjust _pos (firing pos) to make sure the spawned missile doesnt hit with the launcher at launch time. Of course you may also add as many automatic missile launchers as you wish.

The missile launcher will not fire if it is empty or in "BLUE" combat mode. Note that rate of fire (_rof) is set to 1 launch per minute, increase it at will.

EDIT:

Note that this cruise missile is not the cruise missile laucher used by the console (doesnt need to be), but an autonomous unit. You also can use the same vehicle or ship for the console missile launcher.

ah, that's why i can't seem to do it right, i might need to study Mando Missiles more, there goes my final project!

anyways thanks for the help... again lol.

sorry for bothering you so much, that will be the last stupid question of Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console 1.52 that's coming from me, i hope. tounge2.gif

truly you are a master of scripting notworthy.gif

again thanks!

Quote[/b] ]mando_support_infantrytype: Array defining 10 soldier classes for airborne assaults and reinforcements missions.

I have two questions about reinforcement :

I notice that the reinforcements is tied to 10 solders I tried :

Quote[/b] ]mando_support_infantrytype = ["joh_forceWSA2"];

This works IE I get one special forces member dropped (all I need in my own mission) .. but it does show an error as you click. Is there a way to have it so its not looking for 10 and doesnt error on anything less than 10?

Quote[/b] ]

mando_airsupport_type_ambox = "ClaymoreSecondary";

mando_airsupport_type_vehicle = "UK_LandroversW";

mando_support_infantrytype = ["joh_forceWSA2"];

mando_airsupport_range = 4500;

mando_support_no_cas = false;

mando_support_no_br = false;

mando_support_no_ff = false;

mando_support_no_sa = false;

mando_support_no_gs = false;

mando_support_no_ab = false;

mando_support_no_cm = false;

mando_support_no_rc = false;

mando_support_no_cp = false;

mando_support_left_re_WEST = 1;

mando_support_left_am_WEST = 2;

This is my init ... but even though infantry now drops one spec op (even with error) I get empty chutes dropping ammo and empty vehicle drop (nothing attached). Also some of the options for sadarm etc still show and work even set to false?

I checked all classes and they are correct as the readme's let me know. This might be off topic but I use Pingus claymores, how would I get those into a standard US ammo box?

EDIT: In addition when I drop reinforcements is there some way that whatever gets dropped they are set as switchable?

Your problems come from mando_support_infantrytype = ["joh_forceWSA2"]; as actually an array of 10 units is expected.

Will make a quite modification so it will accept any number of members and two different arrays, one per reinforcements and another per airborne assault.

About ClaymoreSecondary and UK_LandroversW, no idea what are these classes, I cannot say if they are correct or not.

Thanks for making an adjustment, its nice to use with the flexibility of whatever amount of men required. I'm making a spec-ops type of hunt-the-enemy mission and its not required for 10 men, so this flexibility is perfect for options of small group drops.

PS - I also asked about a way to make the infantry that get dropped "switchable" ... is there a script way to set it so that any number of men I drop in are active for switching

New v1.53 available:

- Now you can define the contents of ammo boxes.

- Airborne assault and reinforcements groups defined separately. Now you can set any number of soldiers for these missions.

- You may set reinforcements or/and airborne assault soldiers as playable.

- Included some corrections and more info into the help file.

- Two different ranges might be defined, one will affect only to airplane types and the other for choppers. So you may spawn jets far more way than choppers from the support point.

I love this tool. Very awsome, pretty easy to customize the things I want to customize(reinforcements, etc).

Thanks!

Mandoble ... damn thats some super fast turn-a-round ... if only this would happen in everyday life tounge2.gif

Good work, solves all my niggles in one blast ... good work sir notworthy.gif

About the reinforcements, airborne assault and anyother globals, remember that you can modify their values at any time. You may be able to call for reinforcements of groups of 2 men with light weapons at the beginning of your game, and later you may modify these arrays so you might have a reinforcement group of 20 heavy armed men. You may also link the console with radio trigger requests that might be accepted or not depending on some condition (money? objetives completed?), for example you call by radio asking for AT equipment, this modifies the content of ammo boxes supply mission and the next time you call for ammo supply you get two boxes with heavy AT weapons.

its my last question about this formidable console  with that its perfect    could it be possible to have gunners on the evac chopper ? and possible a second pilot ? (or a Game logic whom gets removed after the player has boarded the chopper this way implening the player cant get in the front seat or gunners seats)

Yes, but that way you are occupying valuable evacuation space with more crew.

Open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf and look for case "CALL_EVAC":

Few lines below you will find:

_driver = _group createUnit [_utype,[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_driver setskill 0.5;

_driver setCombatMode "BLUE";

_driver setBehaviour "CARELESS";

_driver setRank "CORPORAL";

_group selectLeader _driver;

_driver moveInDriver _plane;

below that code, add the following code:

if ((_plane emptyPositions "Gunner") > 0) then

{

_driver setskill 0.1;

_driver setRank "PRIVATE";

_driver moveInGunner _plane;

};

_driver setskill 0.1;

_driver moveInCargo _plane;

i did what you said and the chopper arrived as it supposed to be but it touched down and took off directly without waiting for me and my team to board

LOL, forgot a "small" detail.

Below these lines look for:

[_group, 2] setWaypointStatements ["count crew (vehicle this) > 1", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 100"];

And change it by:

[_group, 2] setWaypointStatements ["count crew (vehicle this) > 3", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 100"];

> 3 assuming you have a gunner and an extra cargo. > 2 if only the gunner is added (gunner + pilot)

Also, few lines lower, look for:

[_group, 5] setWaypointStatements ["count crew (vehicle this) < 2", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 100"];

And chanbe by:

[_group, 5] setWaypointStatements ["count crew (vehicle this) < 4", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 100"];

< 4 assuming you have a gunner and an extra cargo.< 3 if only the gunner is added (gunner + pilot).

yesssssss   my squad made it out alive with a little help from the working chopper

mandoble   you are the greatest scripter alive     (and the fastest replyer also :P )

one small question though adding the second gunner (only leaving the real cargo positions open do i have to put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_driver = _group createUnit [_utype,[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_driver setskill 0.1;

in a second time between the first gunner and the cargo crew or do i need to do more then that ?

like this ?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if ((_plane emptyPositions "Gunner") > 0) then

{

_driver setskill 0.1;

};

_driver setskill 0.1;

_driver setskill 0.1;

_driver moveInCargo _plane;

i want to have a fully crew loaded chopper picking up my team

(so only leaving open the cargo seats 8x)

the part you forgot before is clear how to chage that so thats not the problem

supergruntsb78, you cannot move two units in gunner positions, for the second one you would need to use moveInTurret command instead of moveInGunner. You would need also to findout which is the correct turret path in the chopper class you are using.

ok thanks for the info i will leave it that then

still you are the grteatest smile_o.gif

This works great, but Ive come unstuck and need some help.

I use "add action" for the menu and all is well, i have setup reinforcements to only drop 1 spec op at a time (just haveing a 2 man team etc). All is great and he drops, and is switchable. Then myself as the player gets killed and I then switch, now ive lost the menu option.

I assume I need to set this to trigger from the radio instead and then the menu option will be available to any man i switch too from the map? Am I right?

Or is there a scripted way to make sure the menu option is available for the new switchable units that have been dropped?

I tried adding to radio via trigger using []Exec but when I use the radio option in-game the mando menu will show, then have a fit crashed arma ... im not sure how to get this into the radio and work correctly. Any help would be great.

EDIT:

Is there a way to set chopper type for reinforcements supply, I couldnt see a "mando_airsupport_type" for that part?

For action re-attachment after respawn, checkthis thread.

Chopper class for reinforcements is the same as for airborne assaults, just change this type and it will affect both mission types.

Ok sorry about that, all working.

This truly is a one-stop-shop addon must have.

notworthy.gif

I was trying to get mando missiles to work inside the new warfare mission - cos i think it would be great if it was all linked into the funds etc.

but

i cant do it...:-( get rsctitles errors etc can anybody help

it would be truly great.

woops wrong mando section

New 1.54 version available:

- New mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf script added. All the missions present from the air support console (except reconnaissance) might now be executed using the new mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf. This script uses arguments instead of a dialog interface to set up the different missions.

- New mando_bombs_no_mapdlg.Intro demo mission added using mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf to setup several missions.