Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

I've been thinking about making a mission for my Squad. I wanted to have Object based communications for CAS, Reinforcement request, and Evac.

I stayed home to let the plasters in to do some work on our walls. Thought I'd see what was out there that I might be able to use and this Topic popped up. I read it all the way through and I have to say, you are amazing. I can't wait to try out your work.

Thank you very much. yay.gif

New v1.55 available:

- Updating on-the-fly number of aircraft left for bombing missions is now correctly updated in the list box of available aircrafts.

I'm sure this has been covered, but I have been unable to find answer to this question.

Is it possible to run Mando Bombs and Mando Missiles, both in script form?

Every time I try, I crash to desktop.

Thanks,

Is it possible to run Mando Bombs and Mando Missiles, both in script form?

Of course,

to save space, mando_bombs and mando_missiles folders are not included in the following example mission, copy and paste these folders from the other demo missions.

<span style='color:blue'>Mando Air Support Console with MMA 2.3 (no addon)</span>

The only required changes to use the script version are inside init.sqf and description.ext.

init.sqf includes mando missile initialization (mando_missileinit.sqf), and description.ext includes mando missile dialogs, titles and sound includes:

description.ext

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Needed for Mando Missile ArmA

#include "mando_missiles\mando_missile.h"

// End of Needed for Mando Missile ArmA

// Include required for air support console dialog

#include "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.h"

class RscTitles

{

#include "mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h"

};

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {};

#include "mando_missiles\mando_sounds.h"

};

Thinking on a version with voice for radio messages (support requests and support mission granted). Any volunteer for voices?

I'd love to, but wouldn't know the first thing. Don't have any decent recording equipment/software.

Btw. I got MandoMissles.Ini to work with MandoBombs, but I get an error. I know its something to do with where I put the call for mando_missile.sqf in the mission init

I used the demo mission "mando_bombs_mapdlg_mma.Sara"

I didn't know where to put it so I stuck in the line after the cutText command.

It still works. I just get an error that say "missing ;", but theres one there.

Any help apreciated,

Thanks.

why do you want to execute mando_missile.sqf from mission init?

mando_bombs_mapdlg_mma.Sara uses the addon version, so you dont need to add any missile initialization to init.sqf nor modifications to description.ext.

As said before, if you need an example using the script from, use this as a guide.

Copy your init.sqf here so I can check that missing ;

This is what I got:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mando_support_left_WEST = 8;

mando_airsupport_type = "AV8B2";

mando_airsupport_bomb_alt = 150;

mando_airsupport_cmissile = rhib1;

mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0,-4, 1];

mando_airsupport_weap = [["G36K", 2], ["m107", 2]];

mando_airsupport_magz = [["30Rnd_556x45_G36", 7], ["10Rnd_127x99_m107", 5]];

mando_airsupport_re_switchable = true;

vehicle player addAction ["Air Support console", "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

cutText ["Use the console to conquer base Pesadas", "PLAIN DOWN"];

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf"

[]spawn

{

if (isServer) then

{

while {isNil "mando_missile_init"} do

{

Sleep 1;

};

// If Mando Missile is present, the base gets two SAMs

// ZSU sam1

[sam1, 1, ["Air"], 24, 500, 4000, 12, [0,0,0,3], 360, 0, [west, sideEnemy], true, false, true, true, 45]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_patriot.sqs";

Sleep 2;

// ZSU sam2

[sam2, 1, ["Air"], 24, 500, 4000, 12, [0,0,0,3], 360, 0, [west, sideEnemy], true, false, true, true, 45]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_patriot.sqs";

};

};

Sleep 1;

if (!isNil "mando_missile_init") then

{

titleText ["\n\nThe base is protected also by two SAM batteries", "PLAIN DOWN"];

// Checks if you have a laser designator to provide corresponding actions

[]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_haveialaser.sqf";

};

/////Edit

I found it. It was staring me in the face. Laughing at me.

But what would be the best way to do, what I want to do. witch is run both mando_Bombs and Mando_Missles as scripts.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf" <--- Missing ;

Also, in case you have installed the addon, to force the usage of the script suite put:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[false]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

Even more?? Are you using your mouse wheel to adjust it, right?

Mandoble,

Is there anyway to alter the sentivity of the CM when we use the TV camera to control it ? Its a little bit harsh for FINE maneuvering at point of impact smile_o.gif

Thanks

[TAO] Kremator

It will be with upcomming new version of Mando Missile.

is there any way to add the recon camera to a vehicle that i am flying and then slave it to the mcc or other mando missile?

just thought id ask

Looking forward to it.

Any plans to have a MINEFIELD LAYING area denial button smile_o.gif Either in the form of an ellipse/circle/strip (for both armour/infantry) ?

[TAO] Kremator

Yes I'm using the mousewheel but when I have it flying at an altitude of around 600+ its hard to really see much even zoomed in all the way. I know it still reveals it on the map for a time, but stuff its hard to pinpoint certain things like static defenses and troop movements.

is there any way to add the recon camera to a vehicle that i am flying and then slave it to the mcc or other mando missile?

just thought id ask

Yes, it is actualy done. Reco camera, when fixed on a position generates a remote target gameLogic sided (sideLogic). This is may be used as laser target for Laser missions from the console, but it will be also listed as target for MCCs able to target "REMOTE" targets and with sideLogic inside the enemy sides array.

Yes I'm using the mousewheel but ...

Open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf

Look for

case "onMouseZChanged":

{

if (((_this select 1) select 1) > 0) then

{

if (mando_cam_scale > 0.2) then

{

mando_cam_scale = mando_cam_scale - 0.1;

};

if (mando_recocam_scale > 0.1) then

{

mando_recocam_scale = mando_recocam_scale - 0.1;

};

}

else

{

if (mando_cam_scale < 1) then

{

mando_cam_scale = mando_cam_scale + 0.1;

};

if (mando_recocam_scale < 1) then

{

mando_recocam_scale = mando_recocam_scale + 0.1;

};

};

};

and change by:

case "onMouseZChanged":

{

if (((_this select 1) select 1) > 0) then

{

if (mando_cam_scale > 0.2) then

{

mando_cam_scale = mando_cam_scale - 0.1;

};

if (mando_recocam_scale > 0.05) then

{

mando_recocam_scale = mando_recocam_scale - 0.05;

};

}

else

{

if (mando_cam_scale < 1) then

{

mando_cam_scale = mando_cam_scale + 0.1;

};

if (mando_recocam_scale < 1) then

{

mando_recocam_scale = mando_recocam_scale + 0.05;

};

};

};

Hi Mandoble

Wanted to find out and I think I know the answer but Ill ask anyway.

Instead of having aircraft spawn, I want to use aircraft that are on the map to do the mission. So for instance I want an aircraft to sit on a runway waiting for the CAS call. Is this possible. If so how. Also I was looking for the sample mission that shows map click targeting for bombing runs and I dont see it. I believe it was mentioned in one of your instruction manuals but I dont see it included anywhere. Is this possible to get? Thanks much and thanks for all the great work.. Love the TOW. I cant seem to empty the stryker of its internal arma tow missiles with the removeallweapons command. Any ideas.

The console works only with spawned planes, else you may use mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf to customize your own mission behaviour.

Mando Bombs online help

mando_bombs_map.Intro, which is included as demo mission shows map click targeting for bomb runs.

To remove the TOW launcher:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeWeapon "TOWLauncher"

If you want to keep it, but without missiles:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{this removeMagazine _x} forEach magazines this

The console works only with spawned planes, else you may use mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf to customize your own mission behaviour.

Mando Bombs online help

mando_bombs_map.Intro, which is included as demo mission shows map click targeting for bomb runs.

To remove the TOW launcher:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeWeapon "TOWLauncher"

If you want to keep it, but without missiles:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{this removeMagazine _x} forEach magazines this

thanks for the reply Mando. I dont want to use the console. Ill check this out. I thought you could use the map click without the console. Am I wrong on this? Also thanks for the TOW solution. Ill try the second one. If I remove the Tow launcher then your tow missles launch at a 45 degree angle into the ground. Cant steer them.

ok Mando now Im getting this. Great stuff. How bout changing the Reinforcement call from an air drop to having the copter land and unload troops with x number of meters from your position.