Sign in to follow this  
Sedarine

Must have mods...what ist it and why?

I've been away from ArmA for a bit, but recently I jumped back in. So, as a short-cut to a satisfying game rather than vanilla...what do you recommend?

Lowplants by Kegetys

Fromz´ Soundmod ..

and a bunch of other stuff that i cannot be arsed to list biggrin_o.gif

arma_musthavefx.jpg

mad matt

dbo_brick

skaven _2

granq

fdf_sounds

villas_3

but for god sake do not sponsor or par take cwr or raedor, it is eveything we community despise

if in doubt search jhave/mapfact lester. that why ofp did not make arma

ofp was great why not arma ? bas/mapfact and redor

dbo_brick

Not funny.

sad_o.gif

The rest of your post is too pathetic to be commented. I know about the problems of knowledge sharing in the early days of arma .. but it´s time to get over it confused_o.gif

SIX_Pack1 - Blood & tracers primarily

VFAI - AI replenish ammo from dead bodies & fire smokeshells when under fire

TrueRangeAI - Gives AI similar visual range to humans

2ndSuppression - Allows suppression of AI units, necessary with TrueRangeAI

Al Jawf Sakakah - Best map out

I've been away from ArmA for a bit, but recently I jumped back in. So, as a short-cut to a satisfying game rather than vanilla...what do you recommend?

Here are the mods I like and why:

NoWonderDog's realistic ballistics mod encorperates realistic sights and bullet flight into the game, as well as (optionally) a third party scope adjustment mod from GMJ. These combined make for a much more realistic and deep shooting experience. Using the mil dot range estimation method, and using either the in-game range cards or actual real life range cards, you can shoot accurately to well over 1 km. I have actually hit a target at 2.5 km with the barret, but at that range it's all about chance. These mods take sniping in ArmA to a whole other level. He has also made an attempt to make the rockets in arma fly with a more realistic flightpath.

NWD also has a Tank Fire Control system mod in ArmA. This accurately simulates the ranging, sighting, and ballistics of the tanks, aswell as alters the damage model slightly. For the abrams, its fire control system is like a whole other game in itself, as it calculates ballistic elevation and lead according to the distance of the target and the motion of the turret.

I use Truemods. Specifically from truemods I use the trueview fov mod. It takes all of the fields of view and head movements from all of the different cargo/pilot/turned out/driver/player views and makes them consistent, so you no longer have any artificial cap on how far you can turn your head. It also makes the rifle views more consistent with the player view in terms of zoom. This makes it slightly more difficult to engage at vast distances with your 'naked eyes' but makes CQB much easier and more intuitive.

The FDF soundmod is excellent. I wish they would use the default BIS values for sound occlusion and such things, and fix it so that the gattling guns aren't so quiet... but the quality of the actual sound effects are head and shoulders above other sound mods in my honest and humble opinion.

MaddMatt's ArmAEffects mod enhances the 'visual effects' side of ArmA in terms of particles. Vehicles burn longer with thicker smoke, explosive bullet impacts are more spectacular, the fire particles are much improved, etc. He does this all with an eye toward realism. This is not the 'Flash FX' mod of OFP.

None of these mods really alter the gameplay of ArmA very much, but in my opinion make for a slightly richer play experience. Better yet, none of the mods make much of an impact on game performance. Try any of them out and see if they are for you.

but for god sake do not sponsor or par take cwr or raedor, it is eveything we community despise

WTF are you on about? Do NOT listen to this guy. From that one post I can say he does NOT speak for the community and has no idea what he's talking about. mad_o.gif

Released Addons/Mods (in no order of preference and by no means a complete list)

CWR wink_o.gif

6thSense Pack 1

6thSense Pack 2

6thSense Weapon Pack

Truemods (pick and choose what bits you like)

GMJ Sight Adjustments

NWD Ballistics

NWD Scopefix

NWD Tank Fire Control System

Q1184 Recoils

PROPER Mods (pick and choose what bits you like)

Bush Wars Mod

RHS Hind

XAM Snipers (or the full XAM v1.4)

Skavens RACS V3

Jonny's Marines

RH Pistols

Hellenic Warfare Mod

Unreleased Mods

ACE

FDF

ADF

HWM

BWC

Sorry for the lack of links or reasoning behind the choices, just some suggestions.

Uhhh, what?

if in  doubt search jhave/mapfact lester. that why ofp did not make arma

Weird.

I think some people are trying to hard to impersonate old-school forum members who left in anger.

Back OT

Durgsvegetationfix- allowing better use of concealment in bushes and shrubbery

Upcoming SLX mod (very close me thinks)

mad matt

dbo_brick

skaven _2

granq

fdf_sounds

villas_3

if in  doubt search jhave/mapfact lester. that why ofp did not make arma

ofp2

I wasnt aware you were the sole representative of the community.

TRolling is at best frowned upon here, and some of what you posted is tantermount to flamebaiting.

+1WL and 48HR PR

Any of the mods already mentioned are good.

I'm also looking forward to a complete release of ADF, as well as Gnat's naval vessels..

my addon files pic notworthy.gif , thank to the masters addonmakers to your great work on arma addons smile_o.gif

I just noticed you have both the new and old version of ArmA Effects in there together. Remove the old one, called "Matt_ArmAEffects". The newer one is called "MatH_ArmAEffects". I changed to name to use my new tag.

Also, check here for the latest version. It was updated earlier today smile_o.gif

my addon files pic  notworthy.gif  , thank to the masters addonmakers to your great work on arma addons   smile_o.gif

I just noticed you have both the new and old version of ArmA Effects in there together. Remove the old one, called "Matt_ArmAEffects". The newer one is called "MatH_ArmAEffects". I changed to name to use my new tag.

Also, check here for the latest version. It was updated earlier today smile_o.gif

thank so much for your info wink_o.gif

i download it now smile_o.gif

Thanks to everyone spending time modifying Arma, you make it the great game it is yay.gif

-Maddmatts effects

-fdf sounds

-Ofpec blood(Hey, I am old enough for it tounge2.gif )

the latest XAM is great, I don't play without it personally. Jonny's Marines and certainly Robert Hammer's M4/M16 pack as well. As far as FX goes, I use Matt's ArmA Effects and DM's smoke effects addon together. I'll also agree 100% on the 6thSense addons, they are also 100% worth the download. smile_o.gif

BTW--on a side note, DM, where would one find the "2ndSuppression" you mentioned?

all addons make by masters addons makers are Great !

thank so much addonsmakers for your work in addons for Arma smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

I'll add an amen to that. Without 'em and their hard work ArmA would be a very dull and boring world. thumbs-up.gif

BTW--on a side note, DM, where would one find the "2ndSuppression" you mentioned?

You can get it here on the script forum. It started out as a script solution but now it's also a PBO solution, which you can get at the same link.

lol i think everyone got like and got a bit differend mods...

but i suggest everyone to use:

- Extendend Event Handlers  (XEH or other new version!wink_o.gif

- Editorupdate_v102

( - RAE_sandbagfix )

Last addon is only in a few maps, but the extendend event handlers are usually needed for a lot of addons, the editor update is a cool tool for missionmakers and if you want to play these missions you need it too! (if the missionmakers dont need it, or just modifiy one or two things they better use the SIX_editorupdate.. because the clients dont need it wink_o.gif )

If you want to get the correct informations and downloads for all the mods, use Armaholic.com its a real cool site with informations about every new modification / addon wink_o.gif

But most prefered mods are:

- Soundmod: FromZ (damn it the lb sounds like a lawn mower) or FDF

- Effect Mods

- most used vehicles, like desert vehicle, maybe the chinook too.

- Islands: Sakakah al Jawf, ACE Everon, Drago Island, AC Island..

if you want to know what my clan use.. wink_o.gif

http://com.eatmyshorts.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=142