Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH M4/M16 pack 1.0

I think its something with replacement config and with original config , some conflict or what , i dunno  crazy_o.gif

If i got some time i will look on that replacement config , right now am busy with Aks pack smile_o.gif

Once you've done with the AKs pack, will you be bringing out your assault rifle pack? I only ask as the old OFP situation of everyone making M4's seems to be happening again............

We need some variety, and as I can't make my own, looking forward to your weapons.........

notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I think I have an idea of fixing this:

Maybe you should include the CAWeapons3.pbo in to the line:

requiredAddons[] = {"CAData","CACharacters","CAWeapons", "rh_m4"};

Then the patch would inherit the "new" weapons and should replace them.

YAY! :-) yay.gif

Thank you, Kroky! It works like a charm. Ryan had the idea before and managed to write a "general" replacement pack.

It was really just about adding the weapons3.pbo to required addons. Silly me!

The pack now replaces all kalashnikovs and all the M4 and M16 models with RH's ones but leaves the sound untouched, so it can be used with any soundmod you desire! (Great combo with FROMZ and the NWD addons, in my opinion pistols.gif)

If anybody is interested in the replacement .PBOs I can ask Ryan to upload them. I doubt they are very difficult to write on your own if you have an idea about basic scripting but at least that'd save you some time... And it DOES add a LOT of immersion to the game. "Evolution" is a lot more fun now that you have some proper weapons, sound, ai and ballistics available.

Great stuff, Kroky, thanks a lot!

PS: Sorry for the late reply, I'm currently traveling.

PPS: RobertHammer, you're the ArmA Jebus - you turned water into wine! notworthy.gif :-P

I'm happy it helped.

And yes I am interested in the replacements configs, since as you said it saves time, not to have to write them all by myself. So please upload it. I think there are more people wanting it.

@Kroky

To tell the truth I made this cofing for myself and it works perfectly on my pc. I have no f*cking bugs and errors. I also use JOH marines replacement and mcnools us vehicles (thnx to those cofigs authors)

And I have no errors in game.

Btw. I have v1,09beta + Queens Gambit

PS. I think I have a solution, maybe you have 2 replacements of infantry guns? Check this out and kick one of 'em.

M9/AK/M4/M16 Replacement Pack

Credits for these simple but brilliant scripts go to Ryan!

Also, huge thanks to RobertHammer for these incredible models!

Required Addons:

- rh_aks.pbo

- rh_m4.pbo

- rh_de.pbo (in case you'd like to use the Beretta M9 replacement)

What it does:

Replaces (almost) all vanilla weapons in ArmA with animated high-quality weapons created by RobertHammer. Sounds, sights and recoils are unaffected and can be modified with whatever addons you like. (FROMZ, SLX, NWD, you name it)

Thanks again to the community!

Ok, so the replacement pack works great, sounds are from my FROMZ addon and everything is great... UNTIL I take a rifle from the ammobox, then the sounds go back. Is there any way I can get the sounds from the rifles in the ammobox to change to my sound mod as well?

Ok, so the replacement pack works great, sounds are from my FROMZ addon and everything is great... UNTIL I take a rifle from the ammobox, then the sounds go back. Is there any way I can get the sounds from the rifles in the ammobox to change to my sound mod as well?

You could try just replacing RH's weapon sounds with your own altogether.

Uhm, forgive me if I sound stupid, but what kind of ammo box are you referring to exactly?

Of course, weapons taken out of the "RH M4/M16 weapon box" will not be affected by the replacement .pbo's in any way whatsoever. They are handled separately!

Take a regular "Weapons US" crate, however, and you will have the desired result.

Start a round of evolution for instance and you will have RH's models (credits on page one wink_o.gif ) from any (standard!) weapons box used.

Lets say I want that Eotech rifle, that can't be in the replacements because it's a new model... I want that rifle, but with my sound pack, now I have an issue, hence why I want to make it so the regular RH ammobox uses my sound mod.

Lets say I want that Eotech rifle, that can't be in the replacements because it's a new model... I want that rifle, but with my sound pack, now I have an issue, hence why I want to make it so the regular RH ammobox uses my sound mod.

Now I gotcha.

What Apache-Cobra said, I guess. You can define new or replace old sound files through the config.cpp:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class cfgWeapons {

class Default;

class RifleCore;

class Rifle : RifleCore {

};

class M4 : Rifle {

model = "\RH_m4\RH_m4.p3d";

sound[] = {"\RH_m4\sound\m4s.ogg", 5.62341, 1};

};

Alternatively, consider replacing the iron sight M4A1 with an EOTECH version. (I do not know whether that needs some optics tweaking though)

The pbo's posted above are for the sheer purpose to spice up the standard infantry weaponry, nothing more. thumbs-up.gif

This is not a criticism of your mod... Could be considered a request. I've used it with my friends while playing our realism server.

I think because of the way first-person view zooms in on the optics, the center-dot appears much bigger than on a real holo-sight with the EOTech.

In real-life, the outer ring is 65 MOA, the inner dot is 1 MOA. When I put the dot over a target at 100m in-game, the dot seems to take up about half his height when "zoomed in" in first-person view. That would be over 30MOA if you put it on an average-sized person.

Basically, at 100m, an average person should fit just inside the outer ring, and the dot should only take up a portion on his body roughly equal to 1" (think making the red dot in the center of the reticule the same size that you see the ACU rank tab on Cameron McDonald's ACU soldiers in the center of their chest when they're viewed behind the reticule at 100m). Not saying to make it perfect, but just that the EOTech, and even more-so (this is a BIS weapon, but same deal) the standard Aimpoint in-game has a very large dot.

Is there any way possible to release a version with a smaller dot? If not perfectly calibrated, at least small enough that the dot itself doesn't cover half a person at 100m?

Thanks for your time.

Alright, so I went into the config.bin and "thought" i edited all the M16/M4 rifles to the default arma sounds. I edited them with the sounds listed in the config in the Addons/Weapons folder. So, the new M4A1 sounds point to " sound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\M4_2_SS_B",5.62341,1};"

And so on to the others, all points to the rifle sounds in the CA/Weapons.

Now, I am using Fromz weapon sounds, and when I get in-game, the rifles still sound different. Only thing I can think of is that Fromz's is replacing different sound files? I dunno... maybe I'm not replacing with the default sounds... does anyone know where I can find the sound files that the sound mods out there uses so if I can get it to work, all sounds mods will work wit this?

Quote[/b] ]Is there any way possible to release a version with a smaller dot

yes NP ,but in newer version wink_o.gif

Hey RH, just wanted to say that after getting a bit more used to them I love those weapons even more.

Anyway just keep it up with your projects, it's only getting better.

Alright, so I went into the config.bin and "thought" i edited all the M16/M4 rifles to the default arma sounds. I edited them with the sounds listed in the config in the Addons/Weapons folder. So, the new M4A1 sounds point to " sound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\M4_2_SS_B",5.62341,1};"

And so on to the others, all points to the rifle sounds in the CA/Weapons.

Now, I am using Fromz weapon sounds, and when I get in-game, the rifles still sound different. Only thing I can think of is that Fromz's is replacing different sound files? I dunno... maybe I'm not replacing with the default sounds... does anyone know where I can find the sound files that the sound mods out there uses so if I can get it to work, all sounds mods will work wit this?

The config.bin? As in in the main ArmA directory? Bad idea. I personally change the sounds of things quite a bit.

There are two simple ways you could replace the sound completely.

1. Open the RH PBO and go into the config, change the "sound =" line to include the directory of your sound mod's file (you can find where if you open the pbo of your sound mod, go into the config and do a search for the M4. Copy the sound line from that and paste it over the RH sound line).

2. You could take the sound file from the sound mod you wish to use and rename it to the same name as the RH sound, then place it (overwriting the current RH sound) in the RH sound folder. This is generally not a very good idea as different sound configs may have different settings, and using RH's config while just replacing the sound may result in the sound sounding different than if it would with the normal sound mod config.

Good luck.

Quote[/b] ]Is there any way possible to release a version with a smaller dot

yes NP ,but in newer version wink_o.gif

Nice! Thanks for the reply.

It's one of my pet peves in ArmA. Especially the M68 on the stock BIS rifles which is supposed to be a 2MOA dot. They could get away with using the 4MOA Aimpoint as an excuse for it, but even at that the red-dot is just gigantic when compared to a real one.

At 500m the dot shouldn't even cover an entire person's face, and in ArmA the BIS dots cover almost their entire body at 100m.

Hell, can someone explain me in what Eotech is so Great that everyone wants only it?!

Imho the best sight is Acog... ArmA and RL...

I don't think there is a sound mod with more accurate metallic m4 sounds than RH ones... nvm.

Hehe it could be peoples on the internetz like the cool "crosshair" style of it's hologram.

IRL i like the EOtech as i find it faster and and easier to use proper sight-technique, in the game it doesn't really make much of a difference tounge2.gif

Eotech's good for quick targeting at close range, ACOG is good for aiming if you have the range to take time over it. Either is better that Aimpoint which takes up too much room onscreen!

The acog is also non battery... smile_o.gif

I dont know what other versions there will be in future packs. But please consider the EOTECH on M16A4... huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifsmile_o.gif

@Robert Hammer

Don't know if anybody mentioned it already, but the M203 ironsight on the M4 has the numbers written the wrong way. The'yre mirrored. You'll see it only when zoomed in.

Besides this I have a suggestion which would be a great idea IMO.

- Make a fire mode option for the M4/M203 using the grenade launcher ironsight for the rifle. This could make the ACOG scoped rifles usable in CQB. Like firemode single, full (in ACOG sight), single, full in ironsight (the M203 ironsight), and M203.

Kroky

6th sense guns got something like that, try them. 6th sense uns are using a little iron sight on Acog ;p

IMHO, Eotech isn't good cause of it's less time battery! xDDD

Scopes for live!