Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH M4/M16 pack 1.0

Yeah but the problem with the 6th sense weapon pack is that if you switch to ironsights from scope, you have a full magazine again sad_o.gif

EDIT: I made this video to demonstrate the parallax effect on the Eotech, and that it's possible in ArmA. Please include it in your excellent addons! smile_o.gif

I've just discovered your pack (sorry to be late) and i noticed few glitches or mistake.

First of all, the aimpoint you are using is the bis one, right? It has a missing part of texture as you can see in this screen: glitchsc0.th.jpg.

The other issue is M16A4 acog models, they are using the scope of the compact acog (this scope) but they have not the right model (they have the model that M4 are using).

I guess you wanted to make the M16a4 used by the USMC, so they should have the acog TA31F model, the one without the CQB sight: m16qv5.th.jpg

Your work is still awesome and i'm using it as a weapon replacement.

Sorry to bump this thread but i think my post is not that useless and sorry for my english.

How about adding some different variations, such as as:

M4A1 Acog M203 SD

M16A4 SD

M16A4 Aimpoint SD

M16A4 Acog M203 SD

Yeb thx for report , in future version will be fixed,

more variants too  smile_o.gif

How about adding some different variations, such as as:

M4A1 Acog M203 SD

M16A4 SD

M16A4 Aimpoint SD

M16A4 Acog M203 SD

The first one makes sense, but having a SD version of the m16 really doesnt. We need frontgrips and lasers and lights and magpouches on the stock, and double magclips and that sort of stuff! smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

First of all - paralax effect ;p

RH, I am playing and playing arma with your weapons, and I start feeling like M4 is way too fat. xD

While BIS m4 is little and slim, your is like a one made from lego. Sorry for such opinion... but I think it's because of the part between mag and end of barrel ( I think handguard ), WAY too big.

First of all -  paralax effect ;p

RH, I am playing and playing arma with your weapons, and I start feeling like M4 is way too fat. xD

While BIS m4 is little and slim, your is like a one made from lego. Sorry for such opinion... but I think it's because of the part between mag and end of barrel ( I think handguard ), WAY too big.

I know , RIS Handguard is too fat , i will fix that too biggrin_o.gif

this question may probably sound a bit stupid, but are you gonna fix the magazines on the M4s as well? I mean they look almost twice as big as BIS ones, at least to me, anyway looking forward to your next pack regardless of what it is. wink_o.gif

Another glitch i may have found out. This time, concerning the eotech version, i'm not an eotech expert, maybe it's just the way it must be: screenshot

Now time for request tounge2.gif:

-It would be nice to add more extra "toys" on the weapons like an/peq or flashlight, it'd definitely add immersion (imo) even though they are not usable in arma. You could make a kind of us army M4(with single/burst mode) pack for example. (just throwing an idea).

-I'm not an addon expert, but in the 1.09 beta patch of arma, to avoid our view blocked by the javelin as it used to be in earlier version. Bis made a kind of weapon animation for the CLU (Command Launch Unit) that is removed when the javelin is not reloaded. I have no idea wether it's doable or not (and how to do) for grenade launcher on m4/m16. But if it's work, there would be no more any problem concerning view blocked by the gl sight. I guess i'm dreaming.

-Last thing: Weapons should have a more used-up texture, or at least should not be so black, but it would need a lot of work: example photo.

Those are just suggestions, your weapons are awesome and your work outstanding! Thanks for your packs!

I wish to be a modeller and texturer confused_o.gif.

Heya RH, great work, always seem to use your pack as weapons for AI and myself now in game!

Any chance you could make some British SFWs? I think many of us British fans would appreciate it! although to be honest i think all of us are happy whatever you do!

Bootneckofficer

Hi, i think that use/add vertical grips in the weapons is pointless if

we haven't anims to make the units hold right the weapons by the

vertical grips; they'll look bad and will make it look like Jessie's

nailed on the cross, so it'll just add more poligons to the weapon

model that unlike the (not working) PEQ-2... they'll not look good.

I doubt that anyone attachs a silencer to a M16A4 that don't be

a designated marksman, the weapon will be much bigger so it'll be

easyer to spott, but i guess that it'll be possible... the M16A4's

seems to use the same flash hider screw than the M4A1's.

The clipped mags, the clipped mags will not convince me, because

of the reload animations, that instead put into the weapon the

other magazine, will look like that the unit throws booth mags to

the ground and look for another magazine in they're MTV. All this

is just my opinion. Let's C ya

Yeb,

turn your resolution to 1024x768 and everything will be fine.

Quote[/b] ]-Last thing: Weapons should have a more used-up texture, or at least should not be so black, but it would need a lot of work: example photo.

This photo shows M4s from its greater side. RH, seems like a lot of retexture is waiting for you, so don't play SL so much! xDDDD

I like especially the destroyed/scratched paint on parts, and a lot of toys ;D

Also this screen shows a handguard which I always wanted in ArmA^^

Also flask should be a bit longer, but suitable for BIS Soldier.

Example

turn your resolution to 1024x768 and everything will be fine.

No way ! tounge2.gif

After some research, it seems that the glitch is in fact not a glitch but just the hole for the set screw or something like that.

Sorry for my mistake.

hi there RH, making a database for scripters and editors that includes the data from your config. Going through the M4/M16 configs i noticed something...

You have defined your own set of recoils..

Yet, your guns don't seem to use them.

Correct me if i'm wrong but your current config for the basic M4 just defaults to the BIS recoils <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class RH_m4 : M4 {

All of the other guns 'inherit' the recoil from this one, so they all use BIS recoil...

Is this meant to be like that?

hi there RH, making a database for scripters and editors that includes the data from your config. Going through the M4/M16 configs i noticed something...

You have defined your own set of recoils..

Yet, your guns don't seem to use them.

Correct me if i'm wrong but your current config for the basic M4 just defaults to the BIS recoils <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class RH_m4 : M4 {

All of the other guns 'inherit' the recoil from this one, so they all use BIS recoil...

Is this meant to be like that?

That was intentional. The recoil definitions are there because we forgot to delete them.

ah ok. does anyone have a config for the q11 realrecoil? I'm at work so no arma but need to update something...

If you could post it or email it id be very grateful..

Vultar to Alpha. Vultar to Alpha. Robert Hammer do you hear me? Retreat from the position of RH_Weapons_Pack and support team Bravo on the position of RH_M4/M16. Over.

Vultar to Alpha. Vultar to Alpha. Evac inamidietly. Your squad is needed on a position of RH_M4/M16.

yay.gif

I've found out another weird bug concerning the eotech this time, I think the picture will talk by itself: screen

The weirdness is it appears after i've used a little time your addon. First time it happened, i redownloaded your addon and seems the problem was fixed, but then, it reappeared...I guess it's just an issue caused by my rig: so, not a big deal.

I know it's a hard work making addon and I hope the different issues I 've brought out are not seen as criticism and whine.

Anyway, thank you very much RobertHammer for your excellent work that you can be proud of thumbs-up.gif.

Im sorry to say that Yeb, but probably those bugs are caused by your graphics card.

the server key that is available at armaholics is called 'RH.bikey'. is this key also good for the ak and pistol packs? if not, is there one available? we are in the process of securing our server and we would love to have the three great packs made available on it. smile_o.gif

the server key that is available at armaholics is called 'RH.bikey'. is this key also good for the ak and pistol packs? if not, is there one available? we are in the process of securing our server and we would love to have the three great packs made available on it. smile_o.gif

That key works for all packs wink_o.gif

RH, a question.

Pistols:

Can you do them bit thoughter? Maybe try to compare them to BIS ones to make them fit BIS Soldier and of course real life size.

Rifles:

How about making those textures not that dark? You can make something between vanilla ones and yours.

Great example...

12578m4a1.jpg

Also your guns arent bullet proof... With BIS ones soldier have chance to survive cause bullet can hit his gun instead of chest... with yours its impossible.

Cheers ^^

[edit]

Of course you can make black ones, but imho they are ugly and are not good for my eye ;p

I found nice website with m4.

Check it out.

http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/m4a1_carbine.htm

How do you make this work? I looked at the readme but there was no installation instructions. I copy & pasted the .pbo files to the addon folder, assming this was the proper place where you put the files in. Am I missing something? The M4/M16s still look the same to me from the ammo crate when I go on a server running Evolution missions.

They dont automatically replace the ingame M4s, you'd need a replacement mod for that. A couple have been mentioned around here, my favourite however is the 6th sense mod, as it comes with loads of weapons and some excellent effects.