Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

towing perhaps, but it really depends on if we can work the scripts out, or they're donated to use by some kind soul.

We're going for as little scripting as possible this time around, because of the insanely poor MP performance a lot of the addons had in OFP. If I finally manage to make half decent looking mud, then the lannies will have it on as standard, or sand for the dessie stuff.

Yes, lilt can will be making a return (well, as soon as someone buys a can of lilt, cuts it open and scans it - its a little hard to come by here in DK) and few other bits and bobs here and there.

on related news, the lannie models are completed now in the barest form (i.e. all the basic models and textures are completed, plus LODs). Now for adding a bunch of kit and shit to them.

Yes, lilt can will be making a return (well, as soon as someone buys a can of lilt, cuts it open and scans it - its a little hard to come by here in DK)

The Coca-Cola company website says:

banner_7.jpg

Come on people from Great Britain and Ireland!

I was just going to mention that.

If you have that stuff in bottles, you can easily take of the plastic wrap thats arround the bottle.

---

Isnt there a possibility of like making realistic jerrycans with fuel?

So you could like refuel the thing, by "using" the fuel thats in the extra storage. You would have to stop and turn off the engine etc and the option would come up if your near to the jerrycans?

Kinda like the just released F/A-18 with the extra fuel tanks which give you more fuel. Yes I know those are directly connected to the fuel supply.

So you would have to actually refuel. Especially for long range patrol stuff that could be cool. Perhaps you could refuel one jeep with the jerrycans from another one?

Just an idea I had today while I was at the petrol station. biggrin_o.gif

Just an idea I had today while I was at the petrol station.  biggrin_o.gif

Did you buy a can of "lilt" at the same time? smile_o.gif

like I said hunter, first and foremost they've got to work perfectly in SP and MP, and then we can consider the fancy tricks.

yeah, it doesn't suprise me that no other country is dumb enough to drink bright yellow bile and call it a soft drink. And no hunter, it has to be a can, otherwise it wouldn't be the same.

I checked the over-priced imported foodstore where I

sometimes go to get Scottish delicacies when I feel too

homesick, but no "Lilt", sorry. Lots of IrnBru, JoltCola, "Root

Beer", "Afri-Kola" (the anti-American-imperialist-dog

soft drink choice) and some stuff with Hebrew labels but

no "Lilt".  sad_o.gif

yeah, it doesn't suprise me that no other country is dumb enough to drink bright yellow bile and call it a soft drink.

I take it, then, that you've never sampled the Dutch soft-

drink delicacy called "Sisi". Imagine urinating into a bottle

after drinking a can of "Lilt" -  that's "Sisi"!  I love their

advertising that says (to parents) "you can give it to your

kids because it's...not unhealthy"

like I said hunter, first and foremost they've got to work perfectly in SP and MP, and then we can consider the fancy tricks.

Yes sure, offcourse you should have it to work perfectly, but I was only thinking is that at all possible? With the jerrycans?

Quote[/b] ]yeah, it doesn't suprise me that no other country is dumb enough to drink bright yellow bile and call it a soft drink.

I was just about to say that we dont get that over here, and I do want to go to the UK this summer holiday. But its still some time to go.

Quote[/b] ]And no hunter, it has to be a can, otherwise it wouldn't be the same.

Yes but its kinda hard to scan the entire can in 3d. huh.gifwink_o.gif

But with the plastic wrapper arround the bottle, you can pull that off easily.

(Ive got this habbit of tearing the wrappers from the bottles, whenever I have a 0.5L. They are only glued together at the ends.)

And you'd have a perfect "texture" to put onto the virtually made can. smile_o.gif

edit

Quote[/b] ]I take it, then, that you've never sampled the Dutch soft-

drink delicacy called "Sisi". Imagine urinating into a bottle

after drinking a can of "Lilt" - that's "Sisi"!

You've got to be F..... kidding me, is that shit Dutch! crazy_o.gif I didnt know that! rofl.gif

With SISI which is allready very bad I must admit, it gets even worse, you can buy that without bubbles. wow_o.gif

So then it gets even closer to piss. rofl.gif

With SISI which is allready very bad I must admit, it gets even worse, you can buy that without bubbles. wow_o.gif

So then it gets even closer to piss.  rofl.gif

I'm so hard, my piss fizzes! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yes but its kinda hard to scan the entire can in 3d.

*sigh*

possibly a sign of a misspent youth, but take one aluminium can, a can opener, and some plasters just in case, and proceed to cut the top and bottom off... then cut along the length of the can somewhere inconspicuous - roll out flat and scan.

take one aluminium can, a can opener, and some plasters just in case, and proceed to cut the top and bottom off... then cut along the length of the can somewhere inconspicuous - roll out flat and scan.

You forgot "step 1". Empty (or drink) the contents of the can first.

ssshhh, I was waiting to see if that one caught him out.. that and I'd forgotten that rather obvious, but useful point.

Quote[/b] ]Yes but its kinda hard to scan the entire can in 3d.

*sigh*

possibly a sign of a misspent youth, but take one aluminium can, a can opener, and some plasters just in case, and proceed to cut the top and bottom off... then cut along the length of the can somewhere inconspicuous - roll out flat and scan.

Oi, I did post the huh.gifwink_o.gif emoticons behind it for obviously naieve comment.

----

Even though this model is something really simple. (the can)

Im still curious as to why you prefer the actual can.

Because of the shape of it and the metal parts top and bottom? Because the images on the can and the bottle are the same.

This is kinda serious question about texturing actually. huh.gif

Im still very much a noob at editing, and when I finally find the

tools needed I will start with something uber simple as a soda can. So thats also why im asking.

So you just make the model just like the can and then only stick on the texture and make it to fit and your done right>?

Three images, top, bottom, and the whole side? huh.gif

there are subtle differences between the can and the bottle labels (as I recall) and given UKF's anal stance on realism, it would simply not do to use a bottle in lieu of a can

as for texturing - I UV unwrap it, then line the lilt textures up in photoshop with the corresponding uv.

I didn't know you where still looking for someone to scan a Lilt can, I'm going for a CTM in a sec, ill have a look for one, I like Lilt so I usually get one with a curry.

Quote[/b] ]The Coca-Cola company website says:

http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/ourbrands/_img/backups/banner_7.jpg

Come on people from Great Britain and Ireland!

They sell it in Gibraltar, although you still class that as the UK.

Spotted a can lurking in the fridge in a chippy near mine, so I bought it and enjoyed the luminous sugary goodness.

If you PM me with an e-mail address (or however you want them sending) and how you want them doing, I'll try and run a scanner to ground.

Lilt, “the totally tropical tasteâ€. biggrin_o.gif

<--DELETED; NON CONSTRUCTIVE CRAP --> wink_o.gif

Any news, updates or images, old chaps?  huh.gif

Pictures when they're ready, we've just been very busy with other things recently.

And the lilt can is an integral part of any UKF land rover

Hmmm...I am very sorry for my childish comments.

Please note, I have changed my previous, non constructive comment.

I am fully behind this project and appreciative of your time and work.

I apologize.

notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

ooook....

I didn't find anything about your comment childish or disrespectful/non constructive. If we were to delay the release of the Land Rovers because we didn't have a Lilt can, then yes, it would be rather silly.

It's just that they were part of the OFP Land Rovers, and its a nod to Deliltmon who made our first batch of rovers, so I'm keen to add them.

I was having a rough day in the office and felt my comment was bad.

Any way, I was in Tesco the other day and saw a 6 pack of Lilt, "bye one get one free" offer!!! yay.gif

How's the lilt can coming along?

Any updates, can't wait to get some Gucci Brit kit?

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

lilt took a back seat to a CRARRV.

work is honestly progressing. In the past 4 months we've created more content that we had in 3 years of OFP. Just need those finishing touches.

should really see about some screenshots mind.

wow, cant wait! some screens would be great even if its months until they are released, but obviously dont let it affect the great work you guys are doing!

Quote[/b] ]In the past 4 months we've created more content that we had in 3 years of OFP.

That can only be good, keep it up biggrin_o.gif