Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma beta patch 1.09 - released

I'm just wondering.

You are telling people they should not ask about the frickin patch and do something else.

Hey, we are in the BIS forums here, shouldn't asking questions about their games be a normal thing?

So what are you doing? Playing BIS fan?

Here are people that have PROBLEMS with this game and they asking their questions in the hope that the month/year old problems are gone with the next patch.

Maybe THAT is the reason they ask them.

Do you really think the patch is delayed because of "fixing 99% of the bugs" and "testing the patch reeeeaaaally properly"?

Funny ppl here... biggrin_o.gif

MfG Lee

Quote[/b] ]You are telling people they should not ask about the frickin patch and do something else.
No, i'm saying that with a little logic, one can guess the next answer to "When's the next/final patch going to be released", is of course, yet again "When it's done, or known, you will find an announcement". I mean, come on... How many people have asked it? How many times have people asked it? What has always been the answer?

In any case, it is your time to waste, not mine, so in that sense I guess I have very little to add smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hey, we are in the BIS forums here, shouldn't asking questions about their games be a normal thing?
Sure, but repeating the same questions, resulting in same answers must become tired at some point I would think smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]So what are you doing? Playing BIS fan?
I'm doing something stupid, because I should know better smile_o.gif

I can whole heartly say that I love BI Games, and especially developing for them.

I can just the same admit ArmA has a lot of bugs, and had even more. The same for saying that their support or information sharing  might not be the same as for some other games/products. And could certainly be better.

Quote[/b] ]Here are people that have PROBLEMS with this game and they asking their questions in the hope that the month/year old problems are gone with the next patch.
The troubleshooting forums are elsewhere. I rest my case with above explainations.
Quote[/b] ]Do you really think the patch is delayed because of "fixing 99% of the bugs" and "testing the patch reeeeaaaally properly"?
As you ask for what I really think, this is what I think are the reasons:

[*] ArmA2 priority

[*] Testing esp the newly introduced anti cheat system

[*] Since v1.08 they can breathe a little more than before. Why rush a patch while for the first time in a while you can take good care of testing and the release?

You? smile_o.gif

I'm realy get in nervous... how long it can last?

What's the problem with give us some information?

How long did it last between previous patches? Several months in many cases.

Giving us information doesn't get it finished any quicker, and really we don't need any information, we just need the patch.

I know that, but some info can calmn me down confused_o.gif maybe someone else huh.gif

You? smile_o.gif

I'm still waiting for any official information/statement about the patch/what bugs are fixed/linux dedicated server/etc.

MfG Lee

You? smile_o.gif

I'm still waiting for any official information/statement about the patch/what bugs are fixed/linux dedicated server/etc.

MfG Lee

At least one thing we got in common then smile_o.gif

I'll leave you guys to it.

Lee_H._Oswald nice that you asking again. Maybe you get what you deserve? But next final improvements somehow relatively unknown till it's "done". Well BIS could say or promote "We are within 90% for next big International ArmA Patch! Stay tuned!" wink_o.gif

Look at other games or software reliable changelogs appear always with release - not before.

Lee_H._Oswald nice that you asking again.

I didn't asked.

Because I know it makes no sense.

- BIS is silent like a grave.

- The forum clowns are hiding right behind the corner.

And the longer it takes to get infos, the less I do care about the game, BIS and what they do in the future.

MfG Lee

@Oswald

Totally right about everything you say. Can i just add, if this patch takes any longer we will be lucky to see anyone playing Ctf in the comming weeks. Ok the coop players may get by, but have Bis and you lot forgot about us Ctf players? where all still waiting for somthing that resembles Ofp.

So far, clan after clan has left this game but people still swear all is ok... Does any even look at the Ctf server list? "I don't think so". I see that Fpc and another server are there, but common 2 to 3 servers isn't anything like Ofp used to dish out for Ctf.

@sickboy do you play Ctf or Coop? If its coop that explains your comments, If its Ctf I'm surprised by them, only due to the lack of servers i find for Ctf. But whatever the case. Coop players should be supporting both sides here, thats if they want this game to succeed.

Quote[/b] ]BIS is not the only server that is running ArmA 1.11

in my opinon they don't test it enough

You're basing this on what exactly? icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Giving us information doesn't get it finished any quicker, and really we don't need any information, we just need the patch.

You pretty much hit it on the head. BIS is busy actually creating the patch, testing it, etc, not to mention the fact that they're working on another full game at the same time.

Have patience. I'm sure they're working as fast as they can, and complaining about their speed isn't likely to change anything.

On a very closely related note:

Once upon a time I went through the trouble to get permission to talk about an unreleased version of ArmA (1.09, article is linked in my sig), thinking that the community would appreciate information about it. Certain elements of this forum community (what I would characterize as the "Negative Nancies") decided that they didn't like such information and went on little personal crusades that ended up getting the topic locked.

I don't speak for BIS, but from a personal standpoint, I can't see myself trying to do something like that again anytime soon, based on the oh-so-loving reaction it received. You guys want information, and yet when it is delivered to you, some of you take that opportunity to lash out at the messenger for no good reason, to the detriment of the entire community. It's ridiculous.

I don't speak for BIS, but from a personal standpoint, I can't see myself trying to do something like that again anytime soon, based on the oh-so-loving reaction it received. You guys want information, and yet when it is delivered to you, some of you take that opportunity to lash out at the messenger for no good reason, to the detriment of the entire community. It's ridiculous.

Damned if you do.

Damned if you don't.

sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Once upon a time I went through the trouble to get permission to talk about an unreleased version of ArmA

Respect !

Many should only read and be quiet... board would be cleaner.

@sickboy do you play Ctf or Coop? If its coop that explains your comments, If its Ctf I'm surprised by them, only due to the lack of servers i find for Ctf. But whatever the case. Coop players should be supporting both sides here, thats if they want this game to succeed.

It doesn't matter what I play. IMO What matters is a positive and constructive personality. Sth else than doomsthinkers and jokers around here smile_o.gif

Solutions for the PvP scene are being talked about and worked on, as seen on the last pages of this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=180

Not sure if you already did, but if you did not, it might be a nice idea to post what you feel is missing or wrong, so we can see what we can do about it.

Though the conclussion basicly seems to be:

"There's great solutions available for the PvP crowd, it's just that they either don't know about it, or don't want to make use of the fixes."

It's kinda hard to help a crowd that doesn't want to help itself smile_o.gif

About the info part:

It'd still be nice to know however what parts are getting fixed, or if they have a buglist or changelist somewhere where we could see at least what bugs have been noted at least. Since the bugtracker came down I don't think anything like it exists, no?

So we have seen the first third of february passing by without anything happening. Exept for Sumas interview.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Just because you don't know what's happening, doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

Maybe you can give us a short hint whether they managed to improve issues appeared with 1.09beta and whether they took a look inside this thread Suggestions Lists for final Arma patch

Thats all i would like to know....

Maybe you can give us a short hint whether they managed to improve issues appeared with 1.09beta and whether they took a look inside this thread Suggestions Lists for final Arma patch

I was burned by this very forum community the last time I tried to tell you guys anything about an unreleased version of ArmA. Excuse me if I don't feel like getting burned again so soon after.

I recommend you keeping a somewhat ironic distance to ArmA - GENERAL.

I was burned by this very forum community the last time I tried to tell you guys anything about an unreleased version of ArmA. Excuse me if I don't feel like getting burned again so soon after.

Hmm thats sad.... couldn't you just post one very tiny info like "will it be out within march or is it delayed longer?"

did i miss something? huh.gif

Hmm thats sad.... couldn't you just post one very tiny info like "will it be out within march or is it delayed longer?"

It's not my place to post such things. It will be done when BIS thinks it's done. If it's taking longer, it's for good reason, and the end product will benefit from that.

It's not my place to post such things. It will be done when BIS thinks it's done. If it's taking longer, it's for good reason, and the end product will benefit from that.

Yeah Dslyecxi not the guy who decides these things, he is not the PR guy for BIS. Dslyecxi is just the guy looking for bugs and making sure things are working.. If you want answers speak to BIS not Dslyecxi.

Yeah Dslyecxi not the guy who decides these things, he is not the PR guy for BIS. Dslyecxi is just the guy looking for bugs and making sure things are working.. If you want answers speak to BIS not Dslyecxi.

But Dslyecxi for President anyway yay.gif

I can officially confirm that this is true. It will be out in march or it is delayed longer. smile_o.gif

(Sorry, I could not resist this joke)

I can officially confirm that this is true. It will be out in march or it is delayed longer. smile_o.gif

(Sorry, I could not resist this joke)

In other words.

It will be ready when it is ready.

Whining, "Are we there yet?" does not make the journey go a jot faster and in fact such whining only makes the journey seem longer.

Kind regards walker

I read that we will get something additionally in 1.12.... RTS for MP....

Who knows what the easter-bunny will bring us......

But that sound good, and i'm looking forward to it....

Regards, Christian