Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Ghillie snipers - by xam mod

Hi, yes, there's desert or savana camo paint, but i guess that the

snipers in the desert will use a cover for the face, instead camo

paint or the thing that they can find in the ground to use as camo

paint. Let's C ya

tried the ghillie snipers yesterday after not playing arma for a week or two, damn they where sweet, especially with fdf sounds mod biggrin_o.gif

would be cool with snipers could come in desert and snow camo too. smile_o.gif

Hi guys, Were do I extract this to and how do I use it?

Would appreciate it if someone could help me out!

Thanks!

Edit: Found out how to do it, very easy lol, sorry about that.

Snipers look really cool, well done!

Nice mod Mr burns (and the XAM team for the initall work)

1 question. How can I make it work on the SLA units in normal play (swap out the BIS models for these) it works for US units as per the instructions but not the SLA? Or did I do something wrong. PS I'm no good at making mods so can't change the file my self. Well not without help anyway. Thanks help.gif

Nice mod Mr burns (and the XAM team for the initall work)

1 question. How can I make it work on the SLA units in normal play (swap out the BIS models for these) it works for US units as per the instructions but not the SLA? Or did I do something wrong. PS I'm no good at making mods so can't change the file my self. Well not without help anyway. Thanks help.gif

I might be able to help with this. I inquired about this same issue just before Xmas. As it stands, the replacement config included in v1.12 only replaces the Blufor Snipers. In other words, we need a replacement config for OPFOR side.

Now, when I asked about getting an OPFOR replacement file made I was sent a PM with the info for creating it. The only problem is.... I can not find said PM. I'll recheck in a few mins. Hopefully I find it. When/if I do, then I'll need to figure out what the hell I'm doing to get it made. Or maybe ask someone smarter than mine self.

I'll be back with an update later.

changelog - all snipers (OPFOR, Bluefor, Independent) are now in ghillie suits? Nice pictures from Mr Burns?!! wink_o.gif

changelog - all snipers (OPFOR, Bluefor, Independent) are now in ghillie suits? Nice pictures from Mr Burns?!! wink_o.gif

I just gave it a look and I believe the new version replaces BLUFOR and OPFOR. No Independent

There is one, and he isn´t fully concealed by bush either - honestly smile_o.gif

Thanks for the quick reply, notworthy.gif  I will try this out tonight.

PS where is the sniper in that pic buggered if I can see him banghead.gif  but I am 1/2 blind so I need to go find my glasses anyway.

...and not in prone position...

Not prone. He´s standing and about 1/3 of his body is exposed.

edit: He stands with his back to the camera, so don´t get your hope up on spotting face or rifle biggrin_o.gif

i had to use photoshop to see him which is about 4.5 minutes longer than it would take to put a bullet in your face LOL

Thanks Mr burns for your help with the changes to the XAM ghillie suit standalone mod. Its great except now I cant tell friend or foe in a ghillie suit any more but I shoot first and say sorry later lol. whistle.gif

1 question, when I wear it in game it shifts the centre of the screen conparded to the vheicle I'm in. For example in the A10 the white dot for where the guns are pointing is shifted to the right. Well actually the cockpit model is actually shifted to the left as it appears off centre. When I'm in any differentt slot (not sniper) its fine just when I wear the ghillie suit.

I don't like the ghillie's color/shading, however, the position the model holds rifle's in IS FANTASTIC. Makes point firing sooo much easier, which is necessary for CQB.

Hi guys,

Im having some trouble with this mod/replacement pack..

I have tried all versions up to 1.12 and latest replacement pack for east/west snipers.

I have my folder mod @Gs with both relevant files for using them in the folder and in my mode line on shortcut.

No matter what server i join using Opfor blue or red, choosing the sniper class in missions like evolution or any other with that sniper class option, it does not refelct to show the Ghillie sniper.. ?

Im lost ive tried v1.08 v1.09b of arma, no mod folder and mod folder options.. It shows in the editor but nothing as a general sniper model replacement of the BIS models in MP or Single Play.

Any ideas ? its bugging the heck out of me..

Cheers,

James.

Hi guys,

Im having some trouble with this mod/replacement pack..

I have tried all versions up to 1.12 and latest replacement pack for east/west snipers.

I have my folder mod @Gs with both relevant files for using them in the folder and in my mode line on shortcut.

No matter what server i join using Opfor blue or red, choosing the sniper class in missions like evolution or any other with that sniper class option, it does not refelct to show the Ghillie sniper.. ?

Im lost ive tried v1.08 v1.09b of arma, no mod folder and mod folder options.. It shows in the editor but nothing as a general sniper model replacement of the BIS models in MP or Single Play.

Any ideas ? its bugging the heck out of me..

Cheers,

James.

Just try putting both of the files in your Arma/addons folder. I have 1.08 and it works fine for myself. I never use a mod folder because most of the times addons in a mod folder never work out.

Quote[/b] ]I don't like the ghillie's color/shading, however, the position the model holds rifle's in IS FANTASTIC. Makes point firing sooo much easier, which is necessary for CQB.

I agree with you on both of the things you said, because the ghillie suits are wayy too light to match with the grass and environment of North Sahrani.

Hi,

I tried that with both in main addons folder and that works for 1.08

I just tried it running 1.09 and it refuses to run, it says replacement pack blah blah needs XAM_Ghillie pbo etc and I of course have that in the same folder.

So its not picking it up I guess..

shame id like to of used that in 1.09..

Are we allowed to use this in other mods, and if not, who do I ask for content permission? I need a specific profile name please.

for me none of these replacement packs works ...

if i use them , models are misplaced (500m long shadow, weapon floating in air, legs and hands messed etc) ...

if i use them , models are misplaced (500m long shadow, weapon floating in air, legs and hands messed etc) ...

The only thing i can say for sure is that this is not intentional crazy_o.gif

Conflict with another addon maybe?

Are we allowed to use this in other mods, and if not, who do I ask for content permission? I need a specific profile name please.

Thats a complicated question as in the end there were so many people involved in making it lol

Best bet would be pm´ing all the guys mentioned in the credits, especially snake22000.

not sure about that BIS Desert M24 now, I guess I could match the ghillie with the rifle ?

[im]http://www.loopdiggers.com/stuff/wwiiec/forum/desert1.jpg[/mg]

http://www.loopdiggers.com/stuff/wwiiec/forum/desert2.jpg[/ig]

These are unreleased right?

I could REALLY use the dessert Ghille in exactly the same colors pictured there (gloves fine) would be Perfect for a little mission im working on.