Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_D

Alien addon

hoho ! need more Aliens anf ufos ? I can make extraterrestre-pieuvre-5839.gif

my new project : I work an a scorpio alien unit , génétic manipulations from saddam alien crash in irak 1993 ,a BIG scorpio alien like a cow ! tounge2.gif

Please make some Xeanamorph units from ALIENS, to go with vila's APC colonian marines smile_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Appologies for the long post.

Does anyone still have v3 of the work done here? All links pertaining to version 3 are either broken or like Armaholic and Armed Assault Info have removed v3 from their DL lists.

I've been working on a version of warfare that included the ArmAliens, Xtra units and Vilas's Colonial Marines. I'd been having a bastard of a time getting it to work the way I wanted because I wanted to use the ArmAliens as OPFOR units without having OPFOR allied with Resistance forces. When I tried altering the bin config from v4 something went wrong and I couldn't even get ArmA to boot. But just recently I had a breakthrough when I accidentally found out that the CPP config from v3 could be used in conjunction with the bin config from v4 to change the units side from resistance to OPFOR.

Unfortunately I brain fried myself during a marathon session where I was trying to iron out the last couple of kinks and had multiple windows open when I idiotically overwrote my only copy of v3.

I had everything working great. Xtra soldiers as squad leaders, all the Zabrak units including shield and stealth units as assorted troops. All the ufo's from this addon and Xtra, plus Colonial Marines mixed in with BLUFOR.

I was literally just days away from releasing the map when I pulled this boneheaded maneuver and put the kibosh on everything.

Can someone please, please, please point me in the direction of a copy of v3 of the Alien addon in this thread?

Thank you.

Grendel.

Appologies for the long post.

Does anyone still have v3 of the work done here? All links pertaining to version 3 are either broken or like Armaholic and Armed Assault Info have removed v3 from their DL lists.

I've been working on a version of warfare that included the ArmAliens, Xtra units and Vilas's Colonial Marines. I'd been having a bastard of a time getting it to work the way I wanted because I wanted to use the ArmAliens as OPFOR units without having OPFOR allied with Resistance forces. When I tried altering the bin config from v4 something went wrong and I couldn't even get ArmA to boot. But just recently I had a breakthrough when I accidentally found out that the CPP config from v3 could be used in conjunction with the bin config from v4 to change the units side from resistance to OPFOR.

Unfortunately I brain fried myself during a marathon session where I was trying to iron out the last couple of kinks and had multiple windows open when I idiotically overwrote my only copy of v3.

I had everything working great. Xtra soldiers as squad leaders, all the Zabrak units including shield and stealth units as assorted troops. All the ufo's from this addon and Xtra, plus Colonial Marines mixed in with BLUFOR.

I was literally just days away from releasing the map when I pulled this boneheaded maneuver and put the kibosh on everything.

Can someone please, please, please point me in the direction of a copy of v3 of the Alien addon in this thread?

Thank you.

Grendel.

Why don't you use v4.0?
When I tried altering the bin config from v4 something went wrong and I couldn't even get ArmA to boot."

When I de pbo the Zabrak and Zabrak2 files of v4 a lot of the bin config file is gibberish, not clear text and altering it causes errors. I've found a program called ArmAUnbin which converts .bin files to CPP but unfortunatly not the reverse.

There's no v5.0... 4.0 is the latest and greatest for A1.

THis is great, I just downloaded it. Extracted all the .pbo files to the addon folder but when I go to the editor to choose the units, and when I select a UFO, I get an error "Invalid crew Zabrak Alien" if I remember correctly.

I am also now getting an error at startup of Arma 2 that there is no timed grenade file.....

Can you help pls?

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Update, I just manually removed all the .pbo files and I no longer get the error at startup.

I would really like to get this working though, any help much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Never Mind, I see this is for Arma 1, I want an Arma 2 Alien addon.

It mostly works with Arma 2/Operation Arrowhead except for the Zabrak addons. You need to remove them, otherwise you can't use other units. I haven't tried CBA/caa1 yet.