Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_D

Alien addon

Haha cool, the new mothership with movable turrets should be alot better against air, I hope. wink_o.gif

no new items at the moment , work on other stuff , but take a look in next days wink_o.gif

top secret facility ... tounge2.gif

Is there any chance an emergency transporter script could be added to a future mothership? The whole crew split into 4 large groups and teleported to safe locations away from the falling MS.

Or maybe 4 large life boats with crew aboard and limited fuel could appear around the falling MS....promting the crews to land and depart.

I'm trying to figure how else could the MS keep the crew alive during an mass ejection. Parachuting kill more than half the crew it seems...

Still ,an awesome mod you got here smile_o.gif

Anyone got ideas for 4.0? All I've done so far is add movable turrets and made the mothership more powerful... whistle.gif

Make sure to add moveable turrets to -all- the ships that have more than one gunner. That should make them all overall more dangerous.

Also, if you want to go past the stage of "funstuff" and go for more seriousness, you'll need to add destroyed textures to the UFOs (hell, the default "rust" is generally good enough), blood textures for the aliens, and generally spiff up the quality of their weapons - i.e., improve textures and spiff up the maps and such. Also, if you ever want some propa' X-Com missions done, you might want to expand a bit on the alien ground-based weaponry, such as removing the unnecessary scopes from most rifles (maybe adding aimpoint-like systems instead), creating proper alien mines/handgrenades/explosives, and adding some kind of vehicles - say hovercraft, speedbikes or turrets.

But those're the making of a whole mod, and might go a bit over the scope of what you've got planned smile_o.gif For me, just making the UFOs a little more dangerous with moving turrets is quite enough biggrin_o.gif (and maybe the destroyed textures, since it looks absurd to see a UFO hit the ground looking spanking new)

Regards,

Wolfrug

ALL UFO's aready have movable turrets now, and they're much more deadly. wink_o.gif I'll try get destroyed textures working too... some excellent ideas you got there, thanks. biggrin_o.gif

Ryan_D: v4.0 ideas:

- include "demon" type of aliens that love to "bash you skull in"

- sonic grenades for all alien infantry

- change their "english" language to low/very high pitched voice

- random generated names should be alien wink_o.gif

add landing "gear" for one or two ufos wink_o.gif

ufomarsattack1dl2.jpg

add new ufo like mars attack flying soccer tounge2.gif

ufomarsattack2gy4.jpg

need new aliens too smile_o.gif

foot for landing wink_o.gif

land1lz4.jpg

land2vd5.jpg

I work this day on other stuff in same time ,now I building cheyenne Mountain north door Complex whith tunnel and blast door sgc bunker under a big mountain

frist early pic :

cheyenemountaincomplexngy6.jpg

... to be continued... xmas_o.gif

Made a plasma grenade, all it needs now is a better sound. smile_o.gif

52593295qp9.th.jpg

yeh, this mod is getting better and better.

Ryan_D, colonel well, plasma grenade (I told you we needed one), Cheyenne Mountain - COOL AND A HALF!!!!!!. Are you guys great or what? Keep up the excellent work. thumbs-up.gif

Cheyenne Mountain - COOL AND A HALF!!!!!!.  Are you guys great or what?  Keep up the excellent work. thumbs-up.gif

COOL AND THREE QUARTERS!!!! KEEP UP THE AMAZING work!

Ryan_D: do you need any sounds? I can do that...

Might aswell try em, send away. biggrin_o.gif

I'm having a problem with this mod... I'm wanting to include this in some multiplayer action on our dedicated server, but I'm having ammunition problems...

I find that whenever I'm commanding AI alien lifeforms just on my clientside, not even in multiplayer, they're always saynig they're out of ammo, even though they have ammo and engage the enemy.

When I upload it to the dedicated server, all alien lifeforms truly have no ammunition.

I read earlier in this thread that you have to include the "alien_weapons" in the addon portion of the mission.sqm sometimes, but this wasn't the case for me, as "alien_weapons" was already in there.

What's the problem here?