Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_D

Alien addon

LOL ,did you know ID4 had a cut ending? The dude flew his biplane strapped with bombs into the ship....thank god they cut it.

I didn't even know ARMA allowed multi turret air units...this game just keeps getting better an better biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the great work guys!

Looking awesome so far biggrin_o.gif

You know, Gnat has developed a way for helicopters to fly like planes (without the whole "dip-forward for speed" thing)

^ They are configged as helicopters, but Gnat has worked his magic on them so they don't appear to fly as such. Maybe you could ask him how he did it? I think it would look great for your UFO's tounge2.gif

Keep it up smile_o.gif

Is there a way to give that mother ship a laser cannon that shoots DOWN like the one in indepandence day?

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to give that mother ship a laser cannon that shoots DOWN like the one in indepandence day?

They do in almost every direction, but not with the big powerful lasers off the movie. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]great video ! you use my mothership skins or you put an other skin on it ?

Editted it. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to give that mother ship a laser cannon that shoots DOWN like the one in indepandence day?

They do in almost every direction, but not with the big powerful lasers off the movie. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]great video ! you use my mothership skins or you put an other skin on it ?

Editted it. wink_o.gif

cool , good skins ! wink_o.gif

I just found on the web this nice alien head pic tounge2.gif

alien020904zx0.jpg

perhaps I ' ll skin an other alien whistle.gifcrazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif , but just for the head and put it an Dropas alien

tounge2.gif

So far we got 4 alien lifeforms (by colonel well). IceBreakR's is still doing his, should be done soon. xmas_o.gif

arma2008022517442845bb7.jpg

Whoah! Seems like we had a lot of progress in this mod (haven't checked this thread for a while).

Will those aliens and space ships be in the next release?

BTW awesome work! I'd pee in my pants if I see one of those running in my backyard at night! (mission idea, lol)

I have a 5-mission multiplayer campaign featuring those, but I'm waiting on the official release from Ryan wink_o.gif

p.s. Ryan - alien weapons produce error if you're using flying saucers and alien troops aka "infantry" ... plz check.

hey. I tried using the aliens in one of my missions and it looks like a human soldier with white/blueish skin.

Am I doing something wrong?

The ufos look ok though.

hey. I tried using the aliens in one of my missions and it looks like a human soldier with white/blueish skin.

Am I doing something wrong?

The ufos look ok though.

They haven't been released yet (I suppose)

Oh ok.

I just need an alien though. Is there any other alternative? Just a little pbo file that works and looks like a grey domeheaded thing with big eyes?

No?

Probably not as everything they're doing seems pretty much done so likely it'll be released anytime soon. But I'm no developer so this is just a thought.

Oh ok.

I just need an alien though. Is there any other alternative? Just a little pbo file that works and looks like a grey domeheaded thing with big eyes?

No?

When it's released, you'll be able to download and then use it. It won't mystically appear on your hard drive.

Why can't you guys release a BETA version, from what I see in the youtube videos and the screenshots you can release this right now.

No point, 95% done now. Release in a few days. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]p.s. Ryan - alien weapons produce error if you're using flying saucers and alien troops aka "infantry" ... plz check.

You're missing other updated pbo's, I'd assume that's the problem. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]No point, 95% done now. Release in a few days

wow you guys work fast great to see such dedication good job notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif