Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

DMHide beta v0.3

can't seem to get this working somehow

and yes i have the extended eventhandlers (v1.1) in my addons folder

any ideas ?  

** UPDATE**

i have figured it out...  it seems not to be compatible with the XAM mod

any possibility to make it work with XAM ?

** UPDATE**

i have figured it out... it seems not to be compatible with the XAM mod

I have no idea why it wouldn't be compatible with XAM mod, as it's totally unreliant on anything else. All it does is add an Action to the player, and spawn an object.

I could spawn vegetation objects around to help with hiding from human players but exactly the same problem would arise, that of what vegetation models are most appropriate.

If you could summon tufts of crass or some stale shrubbery it ought to work for most different climate zones aside from possibly snowy ones. Doesn't have to be much, just a little to indicate for the player in hiding that the anti-AI camouflage is working.

Heck, if you could somehow make it seen only by the client itself it'd be even better. Dunno if that's possible though with the way locality works.

** UPDATE**

i have figured it out... it seems not to be compatible with the XAM mod

I have no idea why it wouldn't be compatible with XAM mod, as it's totally unreliant on anything else. All it does is add an Action to the player, and spawn an object.

Maybe XAM doesnt use extended EH´s and breaks some of the code? emot-haw.gif

Hi, will be pimp to have some kind of craters, artillery or bombs

holes that also hides the player from the AI sight; that will give

life to some missions (BH Down "style" or The Beast Of The War)

and will allow crews to remain in the crash/impact zone the time

to wait for a good moment to sneak out of the danger zone trying

to avoid to be spotted & captured or just killed. I miss some craters

ECP 1.085 style, they gave life to the missions as pimp and usefull

furniture. Let's C ya

XAM Mod has Ghillie Snipers in XAM_GAVR.pbo

Simple rip that one, ask for permission and we´re good to go already biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the pointer Mr Burns. Due to severe lack of moddeling skills etc. I'm not the right man to do it but maybe someone else will pick up the ball and make a nice standalone ghillie sniper unit.

/KC

Working on it as i write - well the hexeditor does.

Would be neat if somebody could get permission in the meantime.

Trying to make it non conflicting with XAM Mod, i.e. change classes, rewrite model paths in p3d file. If that doesn´t work either someone else must go through it once again, or we have to use the XAM_GAVR.pbo with only the useless stuff ripped out - that works already.

But a clean & new pbo sure would be the better way to go.

edit: fixed wrong quote

edit2: Think it works. There´s a bunch of unused textures, they got to be there though since they´re all referred to in the sniper.p3d, dont ask me why.

The new XAM_GHIL.pbo file weighs 33mb confused_o.gif

XAM Mod has Ghillie Snipers in XAM_GAVR.pbo

Simple rip that one, ask for permission and we´re good to go already biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the pointer Mr Burns. Due to severe lack of moddeling skills etc. I'm not the right man to do it but maybe someone else will pick up the ball and make a nice standalone ghillie sniper unit.

/KC

Working on it as i write - well the hexeditor does.

Would be neat if somebody could get permission in the meantime.

Trying to make it non conflicting with XAM Mod, i.e. change classes, rewrite model paths in p3d file. If that doesn´t work either someone else must go through it once again, or we have to use the XAM_GAVR.pbo with only the useless stuff ripped out - that works already.

But a clean & new pbo sure would be the better way to go.

edit: fixed wrong quote

edit2: Think it works. There´s a bunch of unused textures, they got to be there though since they´re all referred to in the sniper.p3d, dont ask me why.

The new XAM_GHIL.pbo file weighs 33mb confused_o.gif

Sounds like a good job. Might do a special version of the hide with no visible element, just a sense of "preparation" smile_o.gif

anyone else get problem where the 'hide' menu option is multiplying each use (or each 2nd use) ? smile_o.gif

anyone else get problem where the 'hide' menu option is multiplying each use (or each 2nd use) ? smile_o.gif

Each use as in each use in one mission, or each respawn or what? I only ever saw this duplication when near AI but I think I got that fixed. Other players in MP... dunno.

nearly always ... it simply duplicate ...

very often i see it twice in menu even w/o being used at all

nearly always ... it simply duplicate ...

very often i see it twice in menu even w/o being used at all

Experienced the same "user action doubling" with DMarwicks latest effects pack yesterday - the 'wind info' would just show up twice after having it activated for the first time.

Some flaw in extended init eventhandlers maybe? huh.gif

ok anyway to make the visual side of things go away? i mean my clan plays realism and this is awesome but you dont a load of green triangles rise up in front of you in real life so to make it harder and more realistic you have to guess the times and stuff and when to fire.

how do remove the visuals?

Found little bug:

AI moves to player position if you order them to hide. huh.gif

I can't remember now if I removed the AI ability to hide. But I'll try it out again, been a while since I played with it.

ok anyway to make the visual side of things go away? i mean my clan plays realism and this is awesome but you dont a load of green triangles rise up in front of you in real life so to make it harder and more realistic you have to guess the times and stuff and when to fire.

I can easily remove the visual geometry from the addon. It's only there 'cos otherwise players wouldn't know anything was happening, and it was always only a quick kludge. As you might already know it's not much use for hiding from other players, in that case you just.. well.. hide smile_o.gif

I just asked in the Xam 1.4 video thread about this working with 1.4 when its released, no reply yet as I only just posted about it, im hoping all these new AI type fixes work ... just great addons.

I just asked in the Xam 1.4 video thread about this working with 1.4 when its released, no reply yet as I only just posted about it, im hoping all these new AI type fixes work ... just great addons.

Well assuming XAM has gone the Extended Event Handlers route as they said then the addons should all be compatible.

what about switch HIDE in menu to UNHIDE after HIDE is 'active'

or even better what about create menu GUI where user choose type of 'concealment' like bush types smile_o.gif

that would solve the problem with 'unrealistic' hide

Aaaaaaahhhh just in case you're not already using the addon - the screenie on the first page where the blocks are shown is not how it appears ingame. That screenie just shows what the viewblock object looks like, it is totally invisible ingame. You just get the flat curved texture over you as in the second screenie.

i hope that developement of this addon is not abandoned. imho, it's a fantastic start.

is there anyway to make the 'bubble' completely transparent so that it's more pvp friendly?

i hope that developement of this addon is not abandoned. imho, it's a fantastic start.

is there anyway to make the 'bubble' completely transparent so that it's more pvp friendly?

Yeah I guess I could simply lose the visible geometry completely, in fact it would be the preferred option. I only included the visible stuff so people could "see" it working smile_o.gif

With no visible geometry it would raise the tension as you wouldn't be able to tell how well hidden you were, if at all.

Yeah I guess I could simply lose the visible geometry completely, in fact it would be the preferred option. I only included the visible stuff so people could "see" it working smile_o.gif

With no visible geometry it would raise the tension as you wouldn't be able to tell how well hidden you were, if at all.

Thats exactly what I was waiting for xmas_o.gif