Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Sakakah Al Jawf v.1.0

Who cares, this is an amazing map, its the best peice of work ["island"] ive ever played on in my OFP/ArmA career so to speak except tonal redux of course tounge2.gif

12/10 notworthy.gif

Hi, something that could be good to add for shape and playability

increasing, could be one or more electrical generators plant or zone,

this could add a very good attack/defense point for any side; sabotage

and counter sabotage etc, i miss it a bit; but's not something that

kills me. Let's C ya

I wonder why did you (author) change the layout from the beta? We had a nice FOB place in the center of the town (now quite far away) and now there are only house blocks there. Can be something done with the details in the next version? I'm sure some guys that own VBS2 can give you a couple of screenshots of the town they're using (Iraq) to give you some ideas....

LOL You guys crack me up.

Well i had a great base which was perfect untill the new map, which was all screwed. I had to reedit and move it to a new location - the airport.

I had sandbangs on loads of buildings for rebels. all them moved lol so i had to move with the times, and with this crappy 2d editor you dont no how long this takes to get sandbags perfect on top of a building...

@wipman - Create your own electrial grid. i did and it actually takes down the power of the city.  smile_o.gif

i think the new city is way better than the beta one the layout anyways i had to re-edit all my maps lol, but made them even better. notworthy.gif

ok, I've just finished to edit my mission.

its name : sakakah_alive

You'll find in the city :

- a kind of real civilian life (about 100 civies)

- road trafic

- some insurgents spread in the city

- a RACS HQ

- a governor's place

- an insurgents hide out (near the bigest mosque)

it's just the editing file of the mission, you can download it there

the file is in the bottom of the website : sakakah_alive20.Sakakah.rar

you'll have to open it in the editor, and then , use it to create your own missions.

becarefull ! because of the high number of units, it might cause some lag...

This mission need some addons :

- queen gambit

- editor update v102

- G85 editor

- WP insurgents

maybe, some others but I don't know so please, let me know about your error messages.

Now that I've finished, I can begin my campaign : "Ghosts of Sakakah"...

TADAAAAAA !!!... tounge2.gif

Thanks for the mission, gonna give it a try asap!

it's just the editing file of the mission, you can download it there

the file is in the bottom of the website : sakakah_alive20.Sakakah.rar

lol that was hard to find .. almost downloaded some karaoke file out of boredom biggrin_o.gif

May i offer this mirror: ftp://armed-assault.de/aa/missions/scripts/sakakah_alive20.Sakakah.rar

I hope that your CPU's fan is ready... biggrin_o.gif

this is some pics of the FOB :

arma2007111300363642xs2.jpg

arma2007111300365812nf1.jpg

I hope that your CPU's fan is ready... biggrin_o.gif

Screw the CPU and it's stinkin' fan. Let's hope I'm ready! biggrin_o.gif

Seriously though. If worse comes to worse I can always remove a few units, etc.

Question though. Can I just .pbo it and give it a try? Is there any objectives setup? I really don't know how to create missions, only edit existing ones. Which is a piece of cake.

there's not a really objective, nor briefing.

but there's some insurgent in the city (and around the bigest mosque.

so you can simply open the mission in the editor and save it in the MP folder in order to play it.

Noooo! MP folder? I thought his was an SP mission. I think I'm gonna cry.

As long as one unit on the map is defined as player it´ll work in both, sp & mp.

Open it up in the editor and run preview, no need to pbo it at all diefettenjahresindvorbei.gif

edit:

My CPU didn´t like it btw, but thx anyway!

The prefab bases will be very useful when DAC 2.0 hit´s the local servers biggrin_o.gif

My CPU didn´t like it btw, but thx anyway!

I lowered the view distance at 800m, and all the graphic settings. wink_o.gif

No problems at all - looks great. Just added the WP insurgents. You must of spent a lot of time on setting it up!

Unfortunately, it's too much for my system though as the FPS dropped to 1 (running a P4, 3.6 MHz , 2 Gb RAM with Nvidia 7950 GT 512 Mb). This large beautiful map is crying out for a big company level combined arms scenario. Not going to happen on my box sad_o.gif

Have you tried using Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script? I'm no expert but managed to get it to work. I only bring this up because it would lower your work load in placing all those civilian people and cars in the future. No need to set waypoints.

6-12 dollars! 25 US dollars is more like it. The pound sterling has twice the value of the dollar.

But ontopic, you can, you know, not play it. Simple as that. I do it, and I even made something for the map, but unfortunatley I can't play it, so eh, what the hell. Don't whine about the addon makers choice, it's his choice afterall, he made it. Don't like it? Don't play it, simple as that. Nobody is forcing you to play it.

@ nicholas : I made the simplest I believed. wink_o.gif

but it is just a base, in order to edit missions.

in my campaign, I'll remove some of the AI.

Wow More QG aching. rofl.gif

Well put MehMan, very well put.

Naash, You are making a campaign?? I must've missed that, if you mentioned it befo.

yep, I'm editing a campaign in sakakah : "ghosts of sakakah"

I don't know how many missions I'll edit, but if I'm in good shape, it could be around 10 short missions (coop and versus).

6-12 dollars! 25 US dollars is more like it. The pound sterling has twice the value of the dollar.

But ontopic, you can, you know, not play it. Simple as that. I do it, and I even made something for the map, but unfortunatley I can't play it, so eh, what the hell. Don't whine about the addon makers choice, it's his choice afterall, he made it. Don't like it? Don't play it, simple as that. Nobody is forcing you to play it.

But I do like it. And I do want to play it. I figured I made that clear in my first post.

Must have flew by your head. The point is, it is a bit disappointing that over half of the armed assault players are left out, because there are a few props that you need queens gambit for sad_o.gif

Anyone else hosting the sakakah_alive version? Both links are dead for me. sad_o.gif