Sign in to follow this  
Jewish-Freak

Lost Brothers IDF Units Ver 1.6 RELEASED

Along with most of us. He will get it to us as soon as the LoBo crew is satisfied with what they release. I'd imagine Miles & Co., more than any of us, hope it's released as soon as possible. After putting in as much work as they have on the upcoming version, they gotta be itching to get it out so the community can enjoy their labor. The LoBo crew is top notch, I'm sure they are working as fast as life allows.

Nice work keep it up cant wait to use your mod wink_o.gif In this upcomeing pack is there going to be more choppers tanks ect.. If so what would be in it smile_o.gif

The pack will actually include the latest mapfacts Apache/Chinook pack.   Before all of you say, "aaaah, why?" it is simple really.  This is because #1, the Mapfacts Apaches have the absolute best model out there and their FLIR feature is absolutely outstanding.    #2  They already have an IDF version in their pack that is activated via a script.  What Jewish Freak did was make a seperate .pbo file that just included a config that gives 5 ready to go IAF Apache variants so that mission makers do not have to screw around with init-box scripts. They will have our IAF helicopter pilots in them already.  It also does not interfere with the original mapfacts apaches and does not modify the originals in any way.   The only real downside is the Chinooks in there, but perhaps Mapfacts will make some tan desert colored variants of those later that we can use for Egyptian and Iranian forces later on down the line.  

So basically... there will be an IAF Apache gunship that kicks ass.   As Mapfacts updates their apaches, we will update as well.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Again,  our pack will be released when the Vilas Mod releases their latest weapons pack (which I think will include their entire 1980's project.   This is because we use alot of the weapons from their unreleased weapons pack. But they are almost finished with the first version so hopefully that will be soon.  Until then we are improving our addons and working out any small bugs.

We're also working on new stuff.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The pack will actually include the latest mapfacts Apache/Chinook pack.   Before all of you say, "aaaah, why?" it is simple really.  This is because #1, the Mapfacts Apaches have the absolute best model out there and their FLIR feature is absolutely outstanding.    #2  They already have an IDF version in their pack that is activated via a script.  What Jewish Freak did was make a seperate .pbo file that just included a config that gives 5 ready to go IAF Apache variants so that mission makers do not have to screw around with init-box scripts.  They will have our IAF helicopter pilots in them already.  It also does not interfere with the original mapfacts apaches and does not modify the originals in any way.   The only real downside is the Chinooks in there, but perhaps Mapfacts will make some tan desert colored variants of those later that we can use for Egyptian and Iranian forces later on down the line.  

So basically... there will be an IAF Apache gunship that kicks ass.   As Mapfacts updates their apaches, we will update as well.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

That sound awsome but you say that the Apach does not modify the originals in any way? So the Apach will be like the Mapfact ones there so so out of date with there paint job and the BIS Chopper Blades as so for the Chinook. Could you beef it up to par with new blades and new paint? This would be lovely wink_o.gif

Eventually I will try to modify their model's textures and put it into our PBO so that it won't screw up the original.  But that will just be for textures done with permission from Mapfacts.  The longbow Apache is actually a different model (it is differently shaped then earlier Apaches).  I need to talk to the MapFacts team to see if they have plans to make the AH-64D Longbow before we start any plans for retexturing.  Otherwise we keep our Apaches as they are unless we successful convert our old AH-64D model from OFP and blend it in with Mapfacts features (again with their permission and not modifying their PBO's or conflicting with their original addons).  

We also may later convert the BIS Cobra model from OFP, but to be honest its a very crappy model....so again...we may just use the Apache for now until someone makes a nice AH-1S Cobra model and textures.  Sadly we can't use the BIS Super Cobra because the IDF never used that and only went up to the S model which is single engined.

What I am really interested in doing is adding Mapfacts FLIR system to our Merkava MBT's and to our Achzarit's OWS.

I am absolutely in love with it and just think it really adds alot to the realism of the game.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

could you guys atlist release some pics of the new units and vehicles? that would probebly shut us up for a while. whistle.gif

Cool that sounds good about the AH- 64s dont think Mapfact would mind as long as the modle credit goes to him, its all sounds vary good. The AH-64s need that nice paint job and blades redone. In the OFP Lost Brothers Mod you had an UH 1 huey chooper in there too could we see this also in the lovely pack? Love them hueys this would be nice also.

Unfortunately for right now the UH-1N is not in the works...what we will likely do first is make a IDF UH-60 blackhawk as that is the current modern assault helicopter used (aside from the CH-53 which we already made). The UH-1N is no longer used. But we will likely convert it later as part of our historic pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

is it gonna take much longer for the pack 2 b released or for the weapons pack 2 b released also from vilas sad_o.gif i hope it will b this week i just hope....

Do you really think they know the answer to that? Or would answer that? We are all eager for the new version and the Project 85 Mod but asking about a release date again and again serves no purpose.

These crews are working on large Mods with numerous members working; thus the free time available for each and then the coordination of efforts is most likely an unknown variable. That said, committing to a release date or even general time-frame is not something most Mod teams will do. When working on such a large scale and with so many different people, anything could happen that would cause the release to be delayed. Unfortunately, AddOn/Mod threads tend to explode in anger when that happens.

Truthfully, I'd imagine neither LoBo nor Project 85 teams are even thinking about a specific release day. As a professional speculator, I'd say both teams are more focused on creating content we all will enjoy and getting to a point where they are satisfied with what is released. And not what day the release will be.

Until then.... You will probably get the ol' "it's done when it's done." wow_o.gif

Unless they are at that point right now, neither Mod will be out by week's end. sad_o.gif

One things for sure...... When they are released, I'm working from home for a few days. whistle.gif

Do you really think they know the answer to that? Or would answer that? We are all eager for the new version and the Project 85 Mod but asking about a release date again and again serves no purpose.

These crews are working on large Mods with numerous members working; thus the free time available for each and then the coordination of efforts is most likely an unknown variable. That said, committing to a release date or even general time-frame is not something most Mod teams will do. When working on such a large scale and with so many different people, anything could happen that would cause the release to be delayed. Unfortunately, AddOn/Mod threads tend to explode in anger when that happens.

Truthfully, I'd imagine neither LoBo nor Project 85 teams are even thinking about a specific release day. As a professional speculator, I'd say both teams are more focused on creating content we all will enjoy and getting to a point where they are satisfied with what is released. And not what day the release will be.

Until then.... You will probably get the ol' "it's done when it's done." wow_o.gif

Unless they are at that point right now, neither Mod will be out by week's end. sad_o.gif

One things for sure...... When they are released, I'm working from home for a few days. whistle.gif

agreed..... except i think they are more focused on creating content that they themselves can be proud of.....

Indeed. I should have wrote that as well.

That will be implied from this point forward. wink_o.gif

yea me 2 manzilla iam taking also a vacation from work when they r out coz we have been waiting a long time and when they r out iam surely gonan stay home and play arma all day long biggrin_o.gif

Hehehe... yeah I wish I could take a holiday, but sadly I'm at school all day working on trying to finish my thesis this semester and graduating. So that's my priority. However, the pack is being improved as we are waiting for the Vilas Mod's 85 project to be finished. So look on the bright side...when it is released, both mods will be VERY nice and some of the rougher bugs and things will be fixed that otherwise we would just release and fix later. Until then I recommend making missions with current LoBo units and using SLA units as templates for Hamas and Hezbollah. Then when we release you can easily modify the mission to include the new units. smile_o.gif For IDF armor just use the BIS American M1 tanks until our pack is released. That way you will say, "FUCK YEAH!" when the pack is released and you remove M1 and replace it with the mighty Merkava Mk4. The Merkava Mk4 and Achzarit APC are the ultimate in armored/mechanized assault combos.

However Hezbollah with RPG-29 will give them a bad day if the player using IDF armor is careless. Careful coordination with IDF infantry is very important in order to first find Hezbollah fighters and then support IDF infantry with armor.

Players playing Hezbollah are best if they do "hit and run" attacks and must then hide from IDF Apache gunships and pursuing IDF commando units or lure them into ambushes. So the IDF player must be aware of this and maneuver from the flanks rather the chasing straight after them. As in real life, this leads to disaster. The IDF must be creative and must do the unexpected in order to cope with this modern, well trained enemy.

In missions the Hamas soldiers are well.... they are brave...but not as well armed as Hezbollah or as well trained (thus more easily detected and no body armor normally so lower armor levels). They are good for urban combat missions. If you are Palestinian I actually don't recommend using our Hamas addons. (No offense, but there is a better Hamas addon out there). Ours are more as a simple Hamas unit (and slightly humorous in a dark way) and not meant to glorify Hamas (although I personally sympathize with the Palestinian people).

Our Hezbollah units however are more serious and realistic units and will provide a very realistic OPFOR for any IDF (or American) soldier looking to fight what they should expect in Iran or Lebanon. Heavily armed, highly motivated, and well trained, they are deadly woodland and urban fighters. But our IDF are just as deadly and have the advantage of better rifles, better camoflage, and of course vastly superior armored forces and airforce.

Anyone who makes top quality missions with our mod will have their missions included in either a campaign or as individual missions in the next release. But I will do my best to include a few of my own to set the bar to be beat in quality of mission. I hope that there will be mission makers who will blow me away and kick my ass in mission making. So when our pack is released I challenge my fellow mission makers to do better. It will be my honor to be beat by a better mission maker. That would make me very happy. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wowwww miles u r the best smile_o.gif and wish u will graduate also and finish ur thiesis

Miles i would love to make some missions with your units..... i just need them......then i could make missions.......

Hey Miles, if you are interested, I'm willing to offer you

some parts from my AH-64D, the same deal I offered Apache-Cobra of IMW.

Unfortunately I cannot give you the entire model since some of it that was made by Franze is still originally present.

If you are interested, please contact me.

The problem is I'm not sure if I or Jewish Freak currently have the ability to convert the mapfacts AH-64(A model I believe) into a D model which has a different structure below the cockpit area. Plus we'd have to ask permission from Mapfacts to modify their model. So maybe in the future we might be able to do this. But I'm sure Mapfacts will eventually just upgrade theirs and make a longbow version. I need to contact them to see what their plans are.

But thanks for the offer!

To wld427: The units are almost ready, I just need to fix up the Hamas guys a bit and then check with Vilas to see if he's ready to release his weapons packs.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the NAMER APC, as presented couple a days ago.

http://news.walla.co.il/?w=/1/1260734/398294/5/@@/media

Yeah we've seen that new pic. That definitely makes it harder for us to make a Namer APC as not the model is very different then the old one. The old version would have been easier to modify from our Mk4 model.

Now we're definitely going to need a professional modeller to make it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The problem is I'm not sure if I or Jewish Freak currently have the ability to convert the mapfacts AH-64(A model I believe) into a D model which has a different structure below the cockpit area. Plus we'd have to ask permission from Mapfacts to modify their model. So maybe in the future we might be able to do this. But I'm sure Mapfacts will eventually just upgrade theirs and make a longbow version. I need to contact them to see what their plans are.

But thanks for the offer!

I rather doubt they will, the model is Bohemia's from OFP by the way, not mapfacts or marco's.

And yes I am fully aware of the difference between the D and A model near the cockpit, above and many other sections. (http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3137/side1lw2.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4498/side2zd0.jpg )

Truth be told, if you plan to convert it into an accurate D model (or even A) then alot of work will need to be done, this isn't a bash but fact, reasons can be given if necessary.

The offer will still be open for now unless our tests prove the model to not be obsolete.