Issetea

Sahrani Life

I've read the changelog but i'm still not shure.

Are Cops arrested when they kill an innocent Civ? I tried to play this mod month ago but it was compleatly unplayable cos cops where simply shooting any suspicious civ.

You can't abuse the bombs that much though. You have to travel all the way to the terrorcamp, get flagged as wanted by entering it, and then stock up the bombs. Then you have to hope you don't get arrested or killed on the journey back to Bagango, making you lose all the bombs. Then you have to buy an engineer license and plant your bombs, all the time not getting arrested or killed.

Tbh I haven't even seen the carbombs be used much since they were only buyable at the terror camp. And when one does go off, it's amusing and theres a mystery about who did it.

It would be nice if it were that way....

But what I FOUND OUT was that the person who was doing it...

WAS A COP.

Plenty of Satchel charges for that cop, every time the ammo truck comes in. A hop and skip away to Bagango to place them.

Cop placed satchels INSIDE civ hospital spawn, outside by the ATM, etc.... lots of new players were screaming about it and so when I investigated I found out who was doing it and was disgusted...

----

By the way, not entirely accurate-- the heavy weapons shop in Masbete sells pipe bombs (which are satchels) so people can do this without being wanted, they can even load up a car with as many pipe bombs as they want, instead of being limited to the 8 satchels per ammo truck at the Cop Base.

I know this has been brought up countless times already but, I stress the importance of reducing the civilian rez timer, because the wait times are horrible. The chances of getting killed randomly due to being run over, crashing your car somehow, getting killed by cops for no reason, getting killed by civilians just causing random havoc and then d/c'ing. I think it hurts the map as it just makes it plain annoying to play as a civilian.

And that is my two cents!

Satchel charges named you since very early versions, maybe all or atleast all that I have played (since 1.02). Car bombs are the anonymous killers, which cops do not have access to in any way since as a civ you cannot transfer them to a cop as it doesn't allow you to.

I think it was a mistake to remove the anonymity of the car bomb. Just like Terror organizations, you have no idea who is responsible for a bombing until a statement is release claiming ownership. That one should be brought back, and only that one IMO.

Satchel charges named you since very early versions, maybe all or atleast all that I have played (since 1.02). Car bombs are the anonymous killers, which cops do not have access to in any way since as a civ you cannot transfer them to a cop as it doesn't allow you to.

Hmmm... I admit I didn't TEST satchel charges...

I was on a server where a lot of new players were being killed repeatedly... and a cop was laughing about it, about blowing people up way in the air.

I didn't experiment on someone else because they'd naturally be angry... so if I'm mistaken, can someone report on that?

I was on a server where a lot of new players were being killed repeatedly... and a cop was laughing about it, about blowing people up way in the air.

Satchel charges correctly report the detonator smile_o.gif What you describe sounds like a hacker if he is killing people and there is no name given. Or he is using workers to detonate them via the command menu - that is one way to avoid being named.

It's time for the new changes we plan to include in the next version of Sahrani Life again :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- changed: Camera is used instead of disable the user input when the player is stunned

- changed: shop slider adjusted to 25

- changed: university money now depends on how long the player was at a workplace since the last paycheck arrived

- added: Items can be stored in vehicles (every vehicle has a limit in kg) - You can only access the vehicle storage when you have a key - the storage is not saved

- added: The money you have on your bank account and in your inventory is shown in the bank dialog

- added: The money you have in your inventory is shown in the shops

PS: The bomb message (which shows the name of the civ who used the bomb) is random and won't appear very often.

isn´t it possible that u make a sort of virtual calculater pad,

where u can type in with the mouse the amount of money, what u wanna give away to other player, what u wanna buy and so on.

instead of the sliders. the more money u have the less u can give an exact amount of money.

or may u can assaign the num-pad-key in such menu´s so player can type in numbers.

would be handy wink_o.gif

and may its possible that u can lock a person, and than have in action menu the option... HOLD ... HANDS UP ...

and it will go in directspeech mode to the person u wanna check.

just ideas.

nice mission !!!

greetz

themaster

another suggestion:

Might the cops get some pre-defined radio calls like "Turn your engine off and get out of the car!" and "Hands up, this is a routine security check."

They should be sent do direct speech channel to avoid spam, but I think they'll come in really handy. It just takes too long to type a warning in some situations, with the radio calls you would only need to press 3 keys (0-0-x).

Audio files could also be implemented (make it mono low quality and they'll need as much as 20k) so that civs pay more attention.

I know you can define some messages on your own, but some servers have custom files disabled and not everyone knows about this.

Also, could the cop weapons start loaded? Takes about 20 seconds just to load the makarov and mp5 at the start. To start them loaded you have to addmagazine before you addweapon.

Also, could the cop weapons start loaded? Takes about 20 seconds just to load the makarov and mp5 at the start. To start them loaded you have to addmagazine before you addweapon.

just press "F" untill you get back to the selected weapon, then press "R" Takes sconds rofl.gif

just press "F" untill you get back to the selected weapon, then press "R" Takes sconds rofl.gif

I think he knows that

another suggestion:

Might the cops get some pre-defined radio calls like "Turn your engine off and get out of the car!" and "Hands up, this is a routine security check."

I wholeheartedly second this! Definitely one of those things I've wanted to mention but forgot each time I came to this board.

Many times as cops if you try to take the time to type in direct chat to someone to do something...

1) Citizen runs away before you can abort the typing and stop/stun them.

2) Citizen kills you with a gun.

3) Citizen runs you over with a car.

Its a catch 22... try to bark orders and die like a fool while typing, or shoot first and ask questions later and be called a really bad cop.

Definitely something in the game crying out for a solution. Thanks for posting this, Icewindo!

another suggestion:

I wholeheartedly second this! Definitely one of those things I've wanted to mention but forgot each time I came to this board.

Many times as cops if you try to take the time to type in direct chat to someone to do something...

1) Citizen runs away before you can abort the typing and stop/stun them.

2) Citizen kills you with a gun.

3) Citizen runs you over with a car.

Its a catch 22... try to bark orders and die like a fool while typing, or shoot first and ask questions later and be called a really bad cop.

Definitely something in the game crying out for a solution. Thanks for posting this, Icewindo!

The answer is voice chat.

The answer is voice chat.

SLjrc! FJIOPX DIJF HHUFIOE FHIOUE!

JFIPEIJOWPFJ!!!!!!!!!!!

JFIPEJWOPGJ*GU*(PCV*IJPWEJIOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG* You're dead.

Yeah, that's my problem. I'm deaf. My hearing aid allows me to enjoy sound effects, but I can't make out speech.

I'm screwed if I'm a citizen and run into a cop who has no interest in typing or using a quick-command key as has been asked here.

Of course, I've already learned myself not to wait for the order, I'm usually doing hands up when theres a cop that seems interested in me somehow.

Issetea,

What is the difference between mines, and the mineE?

They look to be different mines visually but do they do anything different?

Ive asked many people that question but its not in notes and no one seems to know.

as I understood it's almost impossible to use standard objects on the Sahrani map for game options. For example - buying and selling houses. Well, there is another idea how to make it really cool - you can absolutely remove shops and workplaces but each person can build one factory ( like hideout ) per one city. Each factory will be giving the standard income. So, as many cities on the map as many factories can be build in the game. There must be one worker per factory who's gonna work there. You can get money ONLY when u personally take money from ur worker. Of course, factory can produce goods which one could be sold somewhere on central market but it's too complicated to make I guess. So, it should be very easy - 1 city - 1 factory - 1 worker - your income.

If you want me to ask how could other people earn their money if only one factory allowed I can advise to make possible to build except one factory per city but also one store per city, one restaurant, one ... etc. Small business gives less income then the big ones ( like factory )

Concerning addon version of the SL - i'd advice to use ( or to make ) absolutely houses/roads/structures free island. So, people could join and build their own houses-factories-stores in different parts of island. In this case after hour of playing there will be player's cities wink_o.gif

Issetea,

You made some buildings indestructable.

I don't know if you can fix this, but I found it only works for those who are still on the server while the building is blown up.

For example, you can blow city hall or any side of civilian hospital repeatedly and it will reform itself as it collapses, staying intact.

I then saw a civilian go through the wall of civilian hospital, and was wondering what was going on... so I disconnected and reconnected, and sure enough that part of civilian hospital was down.

So, in a nutshell it stays intact for those who were present on the server during the detonation, but people who join the server later see it as missing/destroyed.

hey, i've just got interesting idea how to make easy way Police logical game playing!

Chief of the police can do lot of bonuses ( u will think out bonuses by ur self with others, for example can arrest other cops or can see all civs on the map and earn 3 times more money then others etc ). Any way, to become Chief of the police player must have more points then other police guys. Killing of wanted civs gives to police 1 point, arrest of wanted civs gives police officer 5 points. So, arrest is more profitable for cops now then just killing. Other way, killing of innocent civ will minus - 5 points and arrest of innocent civ will minus -1 point. If policeman has negative balance ( like +1 for killing wanted civ and -5 for killing innocent civ = -4 ) every -1 point means 1 minute in jail. In this case police will not be fooling around with stupid killings and arresting but other way they do all best to arrest crime smile_o.gif)))

Also i'd advice to add KNOCK/HIT option for civs. U can hit somebody ( police ) without weapon by fist. It's kinda boxing, lol. In this case police will be asking to HANDS UP from far away because civ can hit police to face and take their weapon smile_o.gif))

Quote[/b] ]The answer is voice chat.

Most servers have VoIP disabled and not every server has a (public) teamspeak server online, even if there were one for every server not every dude would join the server.

-> Not working

confused_o.gif

This is not a fun mission being a cop.

i'm getting a little tired of all the civs playing this law and order BS how they claim there not doing anything wrong but they clearly are.

They ruin the game. I just had the admin mayor kick me because I shot him when I was being shot at by him.

How can cops be unhappy if they are bored because civilians are doing nothing illegal after server restarts because they need to build up money legally first...

Then unhappy because civs are running around killing cops later on, most of them at the civilian hospital?

I'll never understand the cops who harass civilians at the hospital. I wish it were a no-hands up zone, so they'd stop massing up there and guard the bank or go on patrols instead.

Its like the cops THINK if they search a newly spawned civilian 100 times, that maybe they'll get lucky and find something illegal??? rofl.gif

-------

By the way, you're speaking of Marvin? The fool thinks if he robs bank with pistol and gets away, then comes back again with the same pistol and ignores the guild and bank pole to search the grounds for any hidden cops, then dies because he points the pistol at a cop, that he was killed "FOR NO REASON AT ALL". Ignore him, that's his method and its getting old, and no one listens to his cries for the cop to be banned.

I wish the stun gun was more useful... this one-shot then reload thing makes a cop VERY vulnerable against multiple enemies, especially when you're trying to hit someone's spidery legs so that you dont KILL him with the stun gun.

Why were the stun flares removed? It seemed to work much better and killed no one. pistols.gif

-------

ADDED later since no one is posting anymore...

We are having cops that are too lazy to catch drug runners WITH the drugs on them... so they become vindictive and set civilians wanted and arrest them after they successfully drug run. This harms any incentive on civilian part to even drug run at all.

-------

Can we have different statuses of wanted? Like Red/Yellow/Green or Red/Orange/Yellow?

Red= Killed cop or civilian, is not going to surrender to arrest, so it is okay to shoot on sight.

Orange= Only has infractions but is not a known murderer, is arrestable due to not being violent.

Yellow= Unwanted.

There are too many noob cops that think that simply because youre red, that he can just open fire on you.

This is a nice mod. I like the principle behind it and I've spent a lot of time playing it and having fun.

My main concern is that playing a civvie is much easier than playing a cop after the game is on for a few hours. So, I find plenty of servers with lots of civvies and few or no cops.

The ability to tranfer stuff from a cop to a civvie causes some problems. I've seen players team up to abuse the early resources of a cop and then transfer a big inventory to his civvie friend before "retiring" from the force.

Also, civvies doesn't have to play smart after they have a loaded stryker and half a dozen armed workers dressed as cops. Perhaps the civvie workers should wear some other garb and be unable to carry weapons, and civvies should be limited to the kinds of resources a civvie or a terrorist may have realistic access to. (unarmed vehicles and gun trucks at best.)

As I said, this is a great mod. These are just some minor areas that could be adjusted to make it even better.

Armed workers wont open fire on anyone really, So they dont pose a threat to the cops smile_o.gif

Civs saving up cash and guns as a cop and then switching back to civ again is really a concern, they don't even have to transfer the cash to another civ, as the money on bank is saved on server and stays when the client switches sides.