Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

I know but i am saying if he can release a desert camo.

That is what it is. He's already released it, it's called Extrapackv2. It's got woodland BDU, Winter Arctic, and 3 color desert BDU.

I got a desert one butit is for marines but i dontinstall the patch at that time..

And when i did installed the patch nothing happened. Not that i care anymore. I am wasting time learning to make addons.

I know but i am saying if he can release a desert camo.

That is what it is. He's already released it, it's called Extrapackv2. It's got woodland BDU, Winter Arctic, and 3 color desert BDU.

I got a desert one butit is for marines but i dontinstall the patch at that time..

And when i did installed the patch nothing happened. Not that i care anymore. I am wasting time learning to make addons.

The BDU's are under US Men: Army(?), look for Rifleman(desert) or such

Well,

I'm back and I knew I shouldn't have left, All this talk is gonna upset me (not really), But I am going to get to the bottom of all these problems.

New Link

(First Post Updated)

Modern Combat Mod - SLX v1.0 Full Install (747mb) - TechWarriorZ

Modern Combat Mod - SLX v1.01 Patch (276mb) - TechWarriorZ

Quote[/b] ]Look nice but too clean for infantrymen, were often dity from crawling ad or doing PMCS on vehicles and equipment.

I'm in the process of trying to get the uniforms dirtied up a little bit to make it more realistic.

Quote[/b] ]I like the ones were there vest is diffent then there uniform. It gives them more of a cooler look. and do you know were i can download an iraq map?

The different color units can be provided to you by special request, a public release will not be done, try looking at OFP.info for an Iraq map.

Quote[/b] ]Has anyone thought about making a BTR-80A or a BTR-90 for this Mod because i think it would be awesome.

A BTR-80 is provided for the Russian Spetz Natz, Thats the best I can do at the moment, sorry.

Quote[/b] ]Too bad there isn't some kind of script that adds dirt to your uniform if you hit the ground and crawl around....hint...hint

A script like that could be done, but its not a priority at the moment.

Quote[/b] ]By the way, have the optics on the aiming aides been modified so that the amber/red dot appears to be green when NVGs are being used? I haven't checked that feature out, but I know that it's been an issue with other mods' releases.

Such a thing is not possible within the constrains of the OFP engine, sorry.

Quote[/b] ]Also, do you have any plans on creating weaponry that have their laser pointers so that they're functional, and/or have an IR version that's visible only when NVGs are being worn?

Negative, This is not a priority as such it is not being pursued at this time.

Quote[/b] ]I would like if the chechnya (resitance) was a bit more modern like this

Chechnya Resistance isn't provided in this mod, neither will it ever be, The Chechnya Resistance movement opposes both Russian and the Western World so it would be inadvisable for them to be the Resistance Force in this Mod.

Quote[/b] ]Is there any mirror to this mod at all? Filefront seems to have deleted the file, it stopped at 67% (took some time, 26 kb/s) and now I'm redirected to the filefront main page...

A new mirror is to be provided.

Quote[/b] ]And on that note, what about sunglasses? I keep seeing soldiers with sunglasses everywhere I go.

Sure, I'll try giving them sunglasses, It's either none of them or all of them.

Quote[/b] ]Thanx.#3

It's been a long time since I seen a US soldier with an M14 heh.

Quote[/b] ]Can you please release a pre made skin that the army use to wear before the ACU was issued to them? As ACU looks cool it is ugly in a game.

The old 3 color BDU's can be found under BLUFOR: Men - US Army, with the prefix (Woodland) or (Desert) Before their Speciality eg - (Desert) Rifleman. These units are only accessible when you have the BDU config installed. However the USMC units in Desert BDU are available with any config been used.

Quote[/b] ]Im getting this now out of no where :O oh nose!

That has been fixed, Thanks for reporting.

As there are many new problems been found, small side works like dirty uniforms and night sights/laser sights will take a back step until I've got a pretty much Bug-Free running mod.

Nice job i like those additional winter units + islands.

few things that might be taken into patch/upgrade:

- make silent satchel/C4 without beep sounds

- turn down radio chatter sound - should be more in background

- quite often AI from one side shooting at each other biggrin_o.gif

- train AI to drive on roads (now they like to zigzag too much)

- some missions doesn't end or broken eg. if AI tank platoon leader has to eject

- don't make sunglasses for all no need of mr-nice guy soldier.

(btw. in character option you can can have glasses by choice)

- could be nice if some targeting acquired beep sound on AA/javelin will appear

Maybe an option would be good, as the beep is a nice touch.

As for the sunglasses, regular glasses don't work with llauma heads(I think) so that's not an option. Unless there is some other way. Anyhow, it's not about being a nice guy soldier it's about what the troops where nowadays, I would think.

Oh yeah and love the islands as always.

Nice job i like those additional winter units + islands.

- some missions doesn't end or broken eg. if AI tank platoon leader has to eject

If thats possible even though real life javelins do that dont know if its possible to put a lock on noise like in COD4

Also is it possible to have a blackhawk with a minigun on it I know BAS has one buts really frustrating using a 50 cal in modern warfare helicopter

Two things, first and foremost please do not make any mix matched uniforms and equipment. Pretty much the only Soldiers (or Marines) currently in theater that wear mixed up camo patterns is REMF's. As with all initial issues in the beginning not everyone has matching camo equipment, but first priority goes to the shooters. Last in priority goes to support elements. I guess if you want to make a "current" war simulation of clerks, cooks, IT techs, and desk jockies, a mixed up pattern would be accurate for what they currently wear. Although, even they are being seen less and less with non-matching patterns.

Secondly, I am still pretty new to OFP. I mostly play FFUR SLX 2.5 2007. What is the difference between MCM and FFSX 2.5 2007? I have noted some differences in some models being used. Is it a preference for certain models? Thanks.

Two things, first and foremost please do not make any mix matched uniforms and equipment. Pretty much the only Soldiers (or Marines) currently in theater that wear mixed up camo patterns is REMF's. As with all initial issues in the beginning not everyone has matching camo equipment, but first priority goes to the shooters. Last in priority goes to support elements. I guess if you want to make a "current" war simulation of clerks, cooks, IT techs, and desk jockies, a mixed up pattern would be accurate for what they currently wear. Although, even they are being seen less and less with non-matching patterns.

Actually mortarmen have mixed camo. I'd call them support but far from desk jockies.

And the mismatched camo is not to be a public release, big-rooney said.

Would you be interested in using my Nogovan Light Infantry models for Local forces ?

There isa sunglqasses pack made by one of the BAS guys I think floating around. Most of the the troops now wear and or issiued blastic eyewear protection, to save your eyes if your in a IED blast. Often made by Wiley X or as I call em Foklies. Boot leg counerfit Oxley X sunglasses. Commonly found in the bazars in the OEF

Glasses on gruntboy. Big assed Image modem will die...

Most units now when the MOB, get full issue, everything ACU. All my Woodland and Desert DUC gear was totally replaced by ACU, pattern gear. You end up having troops going on like their fourth or fith rotation that retain a lot of the old gear. I get bitched at cause I still have some OD green euqipment I keep using out here. The Post Sargeant Majors now are heavily enforcing uniform wear even out on the far distant FOBs like mine, fun coming back froma many day op, wearing half your humvee, and get bitched out cause your wearing the oil that blew out of the ending when the truck exploded hitting a IED, or your hair is too long. confused_o.gif

NOTE: the guy wearing the woodland cammo, is actualy in MOPP gear which is still, woodland cammo, he is wearing DCUs under that crap. Thus the desert cammo fritz. inintal invassion units had to wear MOPP gear due to there was a risk of chemical biologinal weapons in use, Also, the M35A2 2 1/2 truck in the background. And unarmoed HUMVEEs with soft doors. Morelikely early invassion pictures. CAuse they would have at least had the inprovised armor added or armored kits installed frag level 2

first off I'd like to say awesome mod. However playing the official 1985 campaign has been pretty much impossible.

sometimes the AI just flat out refuses to move or drive. In the first mission "flashpoint" bravo attacked as usual but my entire squad just crawled from start off into the woods and started shooting each other..lol..

1 thing I noticed however was that the squad leaders tag shows as "soldier" instead of "Officer".

Other than the problems with the campaign though I'd have to rate this a 10 for looks and overall atmosphere. Keep up the great work.

I've noticed that the AI will still shoot at the wounded enemy, many times this causes friendly fire incidents with the configured dispersion and proximity to a wounded enemy soldier.

Hi All,

The patch is basically finished and will be uploaded very soon, All the bugs & errors reported have been fixed and some small enhancements have been made to improve the mod's visual look and feel.

As I stated in previous posts I will not release U.S. Mixed BDU's to the public but if you wish to have mixed BDU's PM me and I will upload a file and provide a link for you to download from.

Quote[/b] ]Nice job i like those additional winter units + islands.

- The sound will be left in as its a nice little touch.

- The radio chatter will be removed all together as its not random and somewhat annoying.

- SLX Suppressive fire system is to blame for this, its rare and doesn't last long.

- AI driving ability can't be changed, its the way they behave when under fire or spooked.

- Try disabling some SLX features and then play the mission in question.

- I'm trying to add the glasses back to the Llauma Head, Won't be done for next patch, maybe later.

- Such an ability is not possible in the OFP engine, COD4 runs totally different engine system - First Person Shooter.

Quote[/b] ]Also is it possible to have a blackhawk with a minigun on it I know BAS has one buts really frustrating using a 50 cal in modern warfare helicopter

I will look into this, I'm also trying to get a Black Blackhawk done as well, but these are not priority and will not be looked into with great optimism.

Quote[/b] ]Would you be interested in using my Nogovan Light Infantry models for Local forces ?

I originally had them in before I released the main pack, but the models didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the models that were being used within the mod, plus there was no multiple camo systemm just woodland.

Quote[/b] ]first off I'd like to say awesome mod.

Thanks very much.

Quote[/b] ]sometimes the AI just flat out refuses to move or drive. In the first mission "flashpoint" bravo attacked as usual but my entire squad just crawled from start off into the woods and started shooting each other..lol..

Try disabling some of the SLX features to fix this error, the SLX scripts cause some unexpected errors to BIS missions/Campaigns.

Quote[/b] ]Other than the problems with the campaign though I'd have to rate this a 10 for looks and overall atmosphere. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Very Much, Your appreciation is much appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]I've noticed that the AI will still shoot at the wounded enemy, many times this causes friendly fire incidents with the configured dispersion and proximity to a wounded enemy soldier.

The SLX Suppressive fire is the cause of this, Its rare and can't be changed, it will probably only happen 1 out of 100 times.

Well with the patch done, all that has to be done now is the uploading and posting of links, I'll get back to you all when that is done,

Thanks, Big-Rooney

sad that you don't care of modern satchels... they look good with digital display but this sound reminds me of old movies where alarm quartz clocks are connected to dynamite sticks.

anyway looking for update. smile_o.gif

I've just noticed that in the ffur/slx 2007 mod that they fixed the problem with the A.I. not wanting to fight for lack of reinforcements and that seemed to fix the prob. however I dont really like that mod cause of the amount of changes to the islands and absolutely horrible fps no matter what config. i use.

My question to you is do you have any Idea what adjustment that is for the scripting to fix the prob. in your mod. with yours I get 60 fps with the other 15..lol.

EDIT: I disabled all slx effects and still no joy.. sad_o.gif . the only thing that I can come up with is that there is a problem with the squad leader. they just wont follow waypoints unless I'm the acting leader.

sounds more like an addon conflict than a bug, not had that problem to be honest. Not tried FFURSLX due to the lack of HD space and size of the dL on a vsat. is fairly horriable.

Now I feel like an ass..lol..

My edit was abit premature, with the slx effects off it works now. It just took a little longer than expected for the squads to form up and advance on the town. they just apear to be trying to engage from way to far away, and some with pistols.

but it does seem much more realistic this way. my squad notices the apc in town earlier than b4, I think around 500m. and they all seem to scared to move until the choppers take it out. As with SLX overmatch turned on the apc seemed to make my squad turn tail and run..lol.

So again thx for the wonderful mod, I'm glad there is still ppl working with this game as I somehow didn't discover it until recently and have really fallen in love with it. I reckon for the past few years Ive been playing way too much America's Army.

Just let me say that is an awesome mod. notworthy.gif

-there are any form to play whit the mod in MP ?? icon_rolleyes.gif

just wanted to point out that you skipped over the ch53 super stallion cargo helicopter when adding marine air. just thought you should know

GREAT mod. really impressed

Hi some questions:

- Does Anti-Air rockets also have a hit probability, means does the flares deployed really work, or is it just a visual effect?

- Will you build-in a ejection-seat like in FFUR-SLX 2007?

[just loud-thinking] Couldnt there be just FFUR-SLX with much more units(especially air units)[/loud-thinking]

No serious, ill give your mod a try as soon as i receive my OFP.

Regards, Christian

problem with adinational units in FURR is the often have to be completely redone, first removing what ever bug the addon had to begin with usualy removing any features exclusive to that addon to even up game play. Just as easy to just have said addons onstalled in your regualr addons folder. a formentioned CH53 belongs to a rather large pack of choppers, they are high detail and the textures are rather high rez. They are kinda mean to lower end computers usually more than two of them on any decent mission and map, your lagging. No permission aviable on making a bit more cpu friendly. Thus why they seldom get used in many missions. The creator refuses to support his addons, or bother making corrections to them to remove the bugs like the humvee pack, that the vehicles had a nasty geo lod bug and shook violently when sitting making gunning imposable. So users complained about the addon, thus it being part of the mod made the mod look bad. TB has at least bothered to maintain a good quality level with the game with what was aviable to use for the mod.

Marines pretty much use what ever birds are in the area, often its CH47s for Army and Airforce doing the airlift ops in a lot of the hot zones. Most of the marine birds handle other logistical needs in the area like supplies and other things.

sorry fer the doubt post, the vsat took as crap as I hit the post message button. ;P Gawd gotta love combat deployments.

in all maps, some textures are missed and look it white