Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

Hi Everybody,

The Patch was meant to be released before the onset of the weekend, but unfortunately for all of you (not for me), I will be joining the Green Army for the Invasion of Cardiff City, Wales.

The Progress of the mod is coming along nicely and I believe that I've found and stamped out all the bugs that were listed and I've found some issues myself and stamped them out too.

Well before I leave to get prepared for my part in this Invasion, I've got three updated pics for you to see.

The Main Menu GUI (Displaying Version Status):

mainGUI.jpg

The New US Soldiers (W/O Gasbag, Backpacks, 100% ACU):

us_sols_v102.jpg

The New US SpecOp's (W/O Gasbag, 100% ACU):

us_sf_v102.jpg

This Post Is Just To Answer Your Questions,

Quote[/b] ]I'm realy missing a fighter and a helo pilot for the 'local forces', still, your mod is the best I've ever had for ofp!

I'll look into that when I get back, Thanks for the kind words.

Quote[/b] ]Can one replace the storyline islands with desert ones? How? If it's not too complicated, please help. Also, is there a way we can replace Army with Marines then? Would it be the same way as to replace US Army ACU with 3 color bdu's? The best ACU models I've ever seen are CameronMcdonald's ACU units, and if they aren't those then why bother. Clean ACU just doesn't look too well, unless in real life of course <3

Yes, It's quiet simple, When I return I will give you all the help you need, I might even throw in a config that does just that.

Regarding CameronMcdonald's ACU units, they are indeed great quality, but putting them in instead of HYK ACU would mean removing the marines and the 3 color BDU's, When I get back I'll look into dirtying up the ACU a little bit.

Quote[/b] ]NICE work there! The new visuals look great to me, especially if that main loading screen is from a new animated film. The darker setting will help show off some of the new graphic features.

Well its just the loading screen nothing else, I don't like using real life photos in a Video Game, I'd rather use the Video Game.

Quote[/b] ]Getting rid of the flags from the Mission Editor was a solid move as well. Now we won't be going cross-eyed trying to read the data.

That was a good call by you Kyle, I wouldn't have removed them if it weren't for you, I was started to get a bit wonky eyed myself, Nice One!

Quote[/b] ]And the windowless buildings...ah, the best feature of all.

Hopefully it will work fully for you this time, eh. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Keep it up! And by the way, don't stay up all night. I've suffered from insomnia a few times in my life, and it can get down right creepy. I was so tired at times that I kept responding to "spiders" that I thought were crawling on the walls at the extremes of my peripheral vision. Of course they'd be gone as soon as I turned my head so as to focus my eyes on the area. Not a good time in my life, let me assure you.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to get plenty of rest over the next few days, I'm sure it won't be as bad as yours. whistle.gif

Thats All, See You In A Few Days,

Big-Rooney

I would suggest for a fighter plane for local forces, could be a Mig17 or a Mig21

The Infrared view I'm referring to is in this video

I've been scouring all over the net looking for a FLIR view(like yours) that would show a Infrared camera when pressing "nightivision"(maybe). So far I haven't found anything sad_o.gif

Also, I believe there's a part in that video where it shows a top down view, is that a camera trick? I mean theoretically you can replicate a UAV drone that way no? I would hope so.

The new ACU's look great, gotta love that you got rid of the gasbag, it gets in the way with the GRAA view. Also, all ACU looks clean(spiffy and neat) now, looks better, more unrealistic but it attracts. I don't know wether you would want to do it, but mismatched camo units would be an interesting concept, probably wouldn't play out too well. Thanks man, love the mod.

ps: What the hell is a Green Army? An American here btw, so yeah no idea about stuff in Europe.

Well I'm about to head off, So my lost post (I think),

Quote[/b] ]I would suggest for a fighter plane for local forces, could be a Mig17 or a Mig21

I was thinking the MIG series of fighters would fit nicely, I'll search for the relevant files when I come back, You'll know more then.

Quote[/b] ]I've been scouring all over the net looking for a FLIR view(like yours) that would show a Infrared camera when pressing "nightivision"(maybe). So far I haven't found anything

The FLIR Optic View thats in that video is from Franze's AH-64 Pack, I'm planning on implement his whole pack as new Apache's but if that doesn't work out I'm sure I can get the Optic Sight In.

Quote[/b] ]The new ACU's look great, gotta love that you got rid of the gasbag, it gets in the way with the GRAA view. Also, all ACU looks clean(spiffy and neat) now, looks better, more unrealistic but it attracts. I don't know wether you would want to do it, but mismatched camo units would be an interesting concept, probably wouldn't play out too well. Thanks man, love the mod.

I take it you mean giving the ACU guys Woodland Body Armor and woodland pouches. It could easily be done. If you want that I could change the units just for you and PM you the .PBO so you would be the only one with it, I can't release it to the public as its not what everybody wants or realistic.

Quote[/b] ]Also, I believe there's a part in that video where it shows a top down view, is that a camera trick? I mean theoretically you can replicate a UAV drone that way no? I would hope so.

Yes you can, Its been used very effectively in ArmA, so I'll look into it further, But I can't promise anything.

Quote[/b] ]ps: What the hell is a Green Army? An American here btw, so yeah no idea about stuff in Europe.

The Green Army is what use Irish Call Our Traveling soccer fans, It's because of the color of our great nation and the fact that we usually travel in crowds of +30,000.

I would suggest for a fighter plane for local forces, could be a Mig17 or a Mig21

agreed, although I would prefer the Mig21 (it's just a cool plane), the CSLA Mod had a very nice one if I remember it right. whistle.gif

Now I'm really off, leaving for the Airport.

Quote[/b] ]The new ACU's look great, gotta love that you got rid of the gasbag, it gets in the way with the GRAA view. Also, all ACU looks clean(spiffy and neat) now, looks better, more unrealistic but it attracts. I don't know wether you would want to do it, but mismatched camo units would be an interesting concept, probably wouldn't play out too well. Thanks man, love the mod.

You mean something like this:

us_sols_test.jpg

Need an opinion on these USMC units:

These

us_marines_old2.jpg

us_marines_old1.jpg

Or These:

us_marines_new2.jpg

us_marines_new1.jpg

Look nice but too clean for infantrymen, were often dity from crawling ad or doing PMCS on vehicles and equipment. Often landry services are not an option seeing most combat units work int he field for weeks on end without showers of landry. A grunt often wears a single uniform from 3 days to a week or longer depending on the operation. Yeah literly took off uniforms and they still looked like I was still wearing them they were so filthy. Then literlly had to be beaten into the washing machine.. Should follow the code Blue tricks they did on their infantry units. Drit on the knees the knee pads skuffed up. Drit on the front of the IBA and TA 50. Same with the vehicles, dust mud and more scratches. Bobcatt gunning fool Hell lots of vehicles are not even fully painted. should have random groups that mix woodland with desert units. Just recent;y got everyone wearing ACUS at last. Looked more like the Bosnian Nationa guard than the US army with the company wearing DCUs, ACUS and BDUs early in the deployment.

I like the ones were there vest is diffent then there uniform. It gives them more of a cooler look. and do you know were i can download an iraq map?

Has anyone thought about making a BTR-80A or a BTR-90 for this Mod because i think it would be awesome.

Quote[/b] ]Look nice but too clean for infantrymen, were often dity from crawling ad or doing PMCS on vehicles and equipment.

That's exactly how I have felt about some vehicle addons. A long time ago Marfy was working on some vehicles that had that "lived in look". Sadly they were never finished or released. Too bad there isn't some kind of script that adds dirt to your uniform if you hit the ground and crawl around....hint...hint wink_o.gif

I have my reservations in regards to "mixing" up the different pieces of combat fatigues, such as a woodland patterned vest with an ACU garment underneath.

It seems pretty clear that as time rolls by, the likelihood of seeing such mixed garments becomes increasingly more remote. I'd hate to see the MCM "lose" some of its future timeliness and longevity by going with all of the "mixed up" gear look. I'd keep the equipment so that the overwhelming majority of everything matches. Having smaller, individual items not match seems more permissible to me, such as having a pouch here or there not match, since these could be items purchased by the wearer, to augment his kit to his own personal liking, an understandable behavior which seems pretty universal in all theaters of combat.

Another universal to combat is dirt, and dinged/scratched up weaponry and gear. And lots of it. In the midst of an invasion/conflict, it's not unheard of for soldiers to go for a month or more without having the opportunity to shower, so I wouldn't skimp on those kinds of details at all.

By the way, have the optics on the aiming aides been modified so that the amber/red dot appears to be green when NVGs are being used? I haven't checked that feature out, but I know that it's been an issue with other mods' releases.

Also, do you have any plans on creating weaponry that have their laser pointers so that they're functional, and/or have an IR version that's visible only when NVGs are being worn?

Such a feature would attract even more attention to this worthwhile endeavor.

Keep up the great work!

Kyle

Nov. 16, 2007

smile_o.gif

Got a BTR80A and BTR90 someplace unfinished, mainly texture person left for another game so never got compleated. Modern combat mod kinda peaked intrest in them cause they was making sure there was a counter vehicle for the Styker.

Wait is that ACU released in the extra pack? And i have been gettin loads of bugs. My number one promblem is the CTD's. I think when i play with addon vehicle's that did not come with thegame but from your mod i get CTD's quite fast like in one minute. And the vehicles are jumping and shaking as if the hidrolicts went taribly wrong (this only happens on a stand still and i think it may be just the hmmv).Marine's cant load anouther clip in their weapon exept the spec-op marines. I do have to say i am loving the artillary script for spec-ops. But there is some objects were i get an error that it cant load it or somthing. And when playing caimpagn the AI's just sat there for an hour in a city were we already cleard and orders me to shoot some random stuff like a sign.

Stuff i would like

I would like if the chechnya (resitance) was a bit more modern like this

I am part chenchen and that will explain my big beard at a young age.lol. I know you proubly wont work on it as it is not everyones concern and i am alright with that.

The game needs a bit more of a theme to it to spice it up. Like chaging the the little video when you are in the little menu area. A picture like furr's would be nice as it will give it a nice theme and some offical MCM caimpain or missions would be nice to. ( i am playing to make some missions for this, well for me but i will release it to the public so others can play it without having to go to mission editor all the time to utilize some features). But first is first i cant make missions with CTD's shutting it down all the time.

Were can i get an iraq map with a BIG city. I am sick and tired of little towns. as you can t actually put a story line in those little citys.

Is there any mirror to this mod at all? Filefront seems to have deleted the file, it stopped at 67% (took some time, 26 kb/s) and now I'm redirected to the filefront main page...

[is there any mirror to this mod at all? Filefront seems to have deleted the file, it stopped at 67% (took some time, 26 kb/s) and now I'm redirected to the filefront main page...]

Can we have a new mirror, please? I can't download from FileFront.....HELP!! sad_o.gif

Sounds good Big-Rooney. I was more leaning towards some individual soldiers having mismatched camoflauge. I've seen soldiers with Woodland helmet covers and interceptor armor before, with the ACU uniform. Anyhow, I actually just enlisted for 6 years, leaving January 3rd(Fort Benning help.gif ), so I'm excited to play any version of your mod. As for the personal .pbo, sure, I'd appreciate it. FLIR infrared would be great and UAV drones and so on.

Mismatched Camo

Mismatched camo #2

And on that note, what about sunglasses? I keep seeing soldiers with sunglasses everywhere I go.

Thanx.#3

Is there another link to the Modern Combat Mod - SLX v1.0 Full Release (747mb)? Link on first post doesn't work for me confused_o.gif

Would be nice xmas_o.gif

Is there another link to the Modern Combat Mod - SLX v1.0 Full Release (747mb)? Link on first post doesn't work for me  confused_o.gif

Would be nice  xmas_o.gif

Try and see if it is in any download places like armaholic or filefornt or any other place.

Can you please release a pre made skin that the army use to wear before the ACU was issued to them? As ACU looks cool it is ugly in a game.

Is there another link to the Modern Combat Mod - SLX v1.0 Full Release (747mb)? Link on first post doesn't work for me confused_o.gif

Would be nice xmas_o.gif

Try and see if it is in any download places like armaholic or filefornt or any other place.

Can you please release a pre made skin that the army use to wear before the ACU was issued to them? As ACU looks cool it is ugly in a game.

That's what the extra pack is for, BDU for the people that don't like ACU.

I know but i am saying if he can release a desert camo.

That is what it is. He's already released it, it's called Extrapackv2. It's got woodland BDU, Winter Arctic, and 3 color desert BDU.