Sign in to follow this  
code-red

MFCTI Capture the island

Give up on CTI for arma and wait for arma 2 /ofp2 is what i think.

Bis most know arma sucks for things like cti and thats why arma 2 already in the making so soon....

Arma can be good but every cti i played on arma was nothing like playing cti on ofp for me and thats why i still play ofp for the good old cti games. Arma is more coop /c&h

But in a way i hope a playerable cti does come out on arma so not all servers run crap like evo 24/7 tounge2.gif

CTI is alive and works fine in ArmA

So.. sorry for asking again. But where is the thread with the last updated version of the converted MFCTI for ArmA?

Just wanted to fool around with it a bit, for old times sake.

So.. sorry for asking again. But where is the thread with the last updated version of the converted MFCTI for ArmA?

Just wanted to fool around with it a bit, for old times sake.

search mfcti and its a topic that I started

If i get some time ill dig it up for u.

Quote[/b] ]CTI is alive and works fine in ArmA

What server is this? Our clans been waiting on a reliable CTI in ArmA for over a year now. the current CrCTI special edition has serious lag issues midway into game.

Evolution has tons of AI all over the map not to mention the 20 or 30 players and all thier AI as well with no lag even on lower end machines. I think a decent CTI could come out of ArmA but nobody's really working on CTI type PVP missions.

It's such a shame, I hope to see one soon.

What server is this? Our clans been waiting on a reliable CTI in ArmA for over a year now. the current CrCTI special edition has serious lag issues midway into game.

Evolution has tons of AI all over the map not to mention the 20 or 30 players and all thier AI as well with no lag even on lower end machines. I think a decent CTI could come out of ArmA but nobody's really working on CTI type PVP missions.

It's such a shame, I hope to see one soon.

I think he means the old MFCTI or CrCti that are still buggy. Evo also only has ai when you trigger it on map. Its also coded correctly when you got CTI's using sqs and tons of loops your going to get alot of lag.

To clarify, even though this the MF thread, the non-special addons overloaded (i.e. the other CTI thread) new versions of crCTI at OGN run pretty good, including JIP.

Thats what Aussie means.

but are the AI any challege in those APS Gnat (not suicidle into water and stand around doing nothing)

Actually some of the hardcore ofp cti players are playing arma rts4 for a simple reason. If we want to play PVP, addons are a no-no.

No addons versions of MFCTI and crCTI are needed.

Hardly. Ofp cti is more alive then arma by 10 times and thats a fact. You be lucky to fine a cti server runing on arma with more then 5 players.

2day we did doolittle cti. 3 teams and 60 players. Basiclly it sucked and no1 liked it die to the fact everyone could build bases and it got really messy and supid and after awhile most left.

So i asked doolittle can he make it into a normal cti so 1 commander a team who can build base only and res in towns then we sorted. just need a basic cti map with no addons and i dont no why no1 has done this yet sence its very possable so for now we play rts4 on xr thats like cti

Have you tried ogncrcti? I agree that cti isnt as big in arma as it was in ofp. All addons are available via yomas updater. I would suggest giving it ago.

You can follow the current OGNcti discussion here.

http://forums.ogn.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=888

Its still evolving but its starting to take off, JIP works and lots of extra functionailty has been added.

Below posting was its release here on the BIS forums.

BIS thread

All current ogncti missions/addons available from below:

Missions and addons

if you want to have modified version of crcti OGN v2k with scud, airwolf, mi24 placed in North Sahrani version 15 or 7 towns, contact with me on PM

Mr. Mike Melvin has posted at his forums,

Quote[/b] ]RE: MFCTI for ArmA Update (New)

By: Mike Melvin (mf256) - 2008-01-07 00:09  

It is coming along well. Still slowly but hopefully there will be more info in another month. Sorry for all the "secrecy"...;)  

Man i realy dont get it why the game industry does not get it yet.

The MFcti game mode rules and will be a concept that will eventualy stay.

Before you had C&C renegade for example and it was quite sucsesfull, but notting like ofp mfcti.

Imagine this FPS MFCTI mode for C&C games like: world in conflict, compagny of heroes etc etc.

Even Medieval total war would be a blast from this first person perspective.

Again i think the MFcti and rts4 people are on to a winner here.

And i still dont get it that BIS made such a weak take off from this game mode, im sure most of them played mfcti so why did they not talked with the original developpers of this game mode and made it together.

A big missed chance, they could have used it for better advertising this game to.

Thats it again for my monthly MFcti rant smile_o.gif

Good day.

[edit: some spelling]

Have you tried ogncrcti? I agree that cti isnt as big in arma as it was in ofp. All addons are available via yomas updater. I would suggest giving it ago.

You can follow the current OGNcti discussion here.

Its still evolving but its starting to take off, JIP works and lots of extra functionailty has been added.

Below posting was its release here on the BIS forums.

All current ogncti missions/addons available from below:

Hi Aussie

Trying to install OGNcti and have installed the 13 or so addon files but it's still telling me I'm missing some. I think one was "DVD_config_11-something"; "RLK Guer"; "HEP_USMC_Woodland Marpat" -those aren't the exact file names but there close tounge2.gif

Please excuse my ignorance, but I've seen in a few threads that people are talking about the slowness of animations as being a problem. What exactly does this mean in terms of MFCTI and RTS style maps?

What animations exactly?

Please excuse my ignorance, but I've seen in a few threads that people are talking about the slowness of animations as being a problem. What exactly does this mean in terms of MFCTI and RTS style maps?

What animations exactly?

the "running" animation of dedicated server arent same that non dedi.

if you try, you will see that on all dedi server, this anims is slowed down by a factor of 1/2 . like running on a low gravity planet.

i agree it's quite strange, and i hope BIS will fixe that soon .

ps: i think it's all about that.

You know, I can see that now that you mention it. Funny how I never really noticed before. Thanks for the info!

Jeeez, this Evolution crisis is about enough to bring anybody out of hibernation.  I hope Mike is doing well.

*CTI DEAD*

but now you still can play for own risk:pistols:

All severs are hosting EVO,RPG

*CTI DEAD*

but now you still can play for own risk:pistols:

All severs are hosting EVO,RPG

nener.gif im still waiting for MFCTI and im sure when it does come out it will be the next Evo type of map...

it will flood the servers then people will come in here and whine that why is MFCTI the only map played rofl.gif

Everyone drop by Sourceforce MFCTI and drop a messege.  Let him know we are still waiting/intrested.  I think he is working slowly on it and doesnt realize how many people would enjoy a good CTI in ARMA.  Just post a messege seems like everytime I post a messege he responds back in a few days.

It had better have JIP and be able to operate in Public Server mode (no addons).  People need to be able to just pick it up and play it.  There are other ways to balance the game you pansies!   pistols.gif Balanced games are for whiney kiddies anyway. Darn, I think I just alienated 80% of the audience.