Sign in to follow this  
Raz0rx

Queen's Gambit, Rhamadi Conflict - Mission 1.

Is it just me, or is this mission 99% impossible!?

I swear i've tried EVERYTHING, and nothing works.

I can get about 50m from the point where i place the satchel charges, but some guy magically spots me without NV from like 239487m away.

I've tried hiding behind a rock near insertion and killing every single man on the beach then stealthing over to the satchel point, but there's a Shilka just above the beach that always magically spots me, even when looking the other way... even when i'm crawling, 50% submerged in water.

I tried crawling through 239487 bushes around the back of the beach, and someone without NV always spots me from so far away.

It's ridiculous, can anyone gimme any tips!?

EDIT: And i found team switching to be useless, as the leader just struts off and starts firing and gets himself killed straight away.

So damn frustrating! banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Hi, i swaped the M4+M203 for the M4QD of the other operator,

also the M136 AT4, i stoped the other 4 men near the zodiak

(that's full of ammo), then i moved crawled NW to the 2 guards

near a UAZ-GL & a sand bangs bunker; i kiled 'em & i stayed hiden

behind a group of rocks killing every tango that steps closer while

i made the squad form in echelon left & stop once they were in

formation. All 'em crawling like vietcong rats. they killed those tangos

that i couldn't see with "my third eye..." after sometime, i killed

the tank commander of the T72 at the N of my possition; then...

i killed 2 snipers & after kill some more OPFORs... i took the SVD

from a body count & blown off the head of every GL gunner & every

OPFOR far away from 150m. One AT4 shot to the T72 & that makes

the 2 remaining crew members bail out, then i killed 'em; the two

remaining M136 AT4 cucumbers per each ZSU & Bingo!! the damn

radio calls back telling that they ready to roll; step in the T72

and take out any remaining on foot unit quickly, call for make

the beach party start & done; in 3mins more... the mission's done.

That's more or less what i did & it worked; now im "in the battle

of Porto" and man... i guarantee you that's much more hard.

Have fun. Let's C ya

Just open up and axe the place. Make sure you've got several tonnes of AT4s and M403s, keep your AI buddies to your flanks and just shoot until everything's dead. Use the little bunker right in front of you to the start as cover, keep your AI back a bit to spot enemies who think they're smart, and just let loose.

The stealth method is a sure invite to get killed.

By the time I had finished with the beach, nothing was left alive and the landing force came in unopposed. Go figure. confused_o.gif

So i've killed everyone on the beach, but now my radio has disappeared from my map screen, so i can't radio the other dudes to come in, and they're complaining at me.

Thanks goes out to BIS for creating yet another bug-free game. whistle.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Same here. I had to use the AT4 instead of stealth... Really cheesy mission design there mad_o.gif

SPOILERS!

The sneaky approach.

1. Change weapon to silent one and order squad to stealth/stop. Take along 3 charges.

2. Move N along western shore past the first 2 guards.

3. Sneak NE low 'n slow until ridge.

4. Crawl E until E bushline. Observe patrol of 3.

5. Kill patrol of 3 fast @ ~30-35m distance from behind.

6. Crawl NE, then N towards Shilka; place charge.

7. Crawl back all the way to the western shore.

8. Sneak N for bush cover, then crawl NE past several guards(! )

9. Crawl NNE, then turn SE towards bushline with second, hidden Shilka; place charge.

10. Crawl back NNW and in safe distance, sneak NE, then E to northern bushline.

11. Crawl SSE towards southern bushline.

-

12. Call in the attack via Radio and wait for the alarm

to go off. Once the hectic is on...

-

13. Run- stop/shoot -Run- stop/shoot -Run towards last

Shilka, killing 3-4 enemies around; place charge.

14. Make to safe distance, blow Shilka;..mission complete.

-

Safe frequently. Once you hear an enemy voice; curious,

its time to reload(up to point 11). It can be done 90%

solo/silent.

Try this way:

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?....kc4.jpg

I did it, i just hit behind a rock, shot everyone i could, and shot all the tanks and shit with rockets, then called in the dudes, and they came in and shot up the remaining dudes, and i moved up to some hill and shot the last tank, mission over.

I just cut sic with the ags30 on the UAZ....

took out all the armour with it and then went to work on the mg nests.

After that i got out and went and got my hands dirty with some clean up wet work on the beach.

I've got another problem, I can't even start to clear the beach, my boat stops at about 30m of the beach, so I have to swim the last part and thus lose all my weapons. I have to conquer the beach defenses with bare hands pistols.gif

9 times out of 10 my boat turn near the beach and go to the other waiting boats. When I do get ashore I have a hard time staying alive. I gave up finnishing that mission/campaign. I cant blame the missionmakers though as I use addons that alter AI. But I cant play arma without the addons either biggrin_o.gif

What are these AI addons you speak of?

Do they make the AI un-retarded?

Well, I use only 1 "AI-addon". But other addons help also so right now I think my AI is quite smart and enjoyable.

TrueMods - TrueRangeAI Beta v0.9

This addon helps the AI behaviour. With this they can see enemies at the same disatnce as you and they engage from more realistic distances making the firefights more interesting and longer. Instead of being stupid until deadly close they shoot back.

Then I also use NWDs realistic ballistics and the AI are not snipers anymore. I also use Sharper Recoil, but I'm not sure if that affect AI..

And in my armaprofile I changed skillEnemy to 1.0 and precisionEnemy to 0.85. That makes them smart and gives them initiative. The precision on 0.85 makes them deadly but there are alot of bullets flying around also, they hit and miss on the same level as a human I think.

I will also try 2nd's supression script and a script that makes them use smoke. I read about people with good experience of using the addons I do with them also. I havent tried them yet though but I will.

I realized pretty quickly that the stealth approach is a pain in the ass if not impossible, then I simply lied about being ready with the satchels on the Shilkas and called them without doing anything but to support their landing- used the M203, my team (that do an excellent job while lying next to me and shooting soldiers that i report to them). Right after i called the landing force, I destroyed the visible shilka with an AT4 and hit the T80 with onw hit only. then got into the T80 (that was still functional after one rocket hit) destroyed the other T80 and the other Shilka with the main tank's gun, while realizing that I could have used it right at the start (shoot it with one AT4, make the crew pop out, finnish them off, get in the still uusable tank, destroy the armour, AGS, M2's, infantry etc.). In my way the landing force suffered significant casualties, but the way i see it, let them die, my frustration is a bigger casualty wink_o.gif

Same conclusion there: Stealth doesn't get you anywhere. Took a AT4 and gave two buddies the other ones form the boat.

Crawled up the beach and neutralized the two dudes and the patrol near the UAZ/Bunker location then moved a bit forward and let the dudes target the two shilkas. Waited till Flashwhatever was ready and let loose.

Generally after having played ARMA campaing the missions are weak. Lack of atmosphere and very linear, some of the SF night missions are just plain stupid. The one with the ammo trucks, where you must prevent anyone from using a radio. Stealth approach with unsilenced weapons? Shoot as you please and be ignored by guys in sceond camp just half a click away as long as you shoot anyone trying to reach the radio?

Or the one where you're ordered to blow up armed vehicles in a camp. How's that crawl through the main gate, since you're unable to pass the fences?

S!

I Thought this one would be good, But it has the SAME problem

Arma missions had... disable a tank hop in and you are untouchable!

( I guess you just don't register as a "target")

SPOILER...

I took out the two guarding the Jeep/granade launcher.

Then took out the tank T72 further down the beach.

Got into the tank and was able to destroy everything in sight

with NO response. Felt cheated :(

I tried getting into the empty Shilka on the beach but once I fired at someone the ATs took me out... As they should.

Sure wish this problem with the damaged tanks would be fixed !!!

Was quite interesting watching the battle tho!

Seems as if a single chopper lands victory is declared.

Even tho NOT one boat made it to shore (Big Beach)

and there was more then enough enemy to take out anything

in the choppers. Tanks seem to have no trouble firing on me

in a chopper but they did not fire on the 3 choppers coming in..??

Very annoyed that there were no statistics after the mission ended.

(and PLEASE let ME end the missions)

Just hope the other missions are better!

jmc

Ok I just purchased QG.

Ques re 1st mission.

At the very very start when team is inserted.

The boat comes to within 23 meters of the shore then turns around and drifts back out to see another 20 or so meters.

All this time I am trying frantically to get my team to eject - disembark kill the driver or anything but I have no control of anyone including my own character at this point.

The boat slows and we are all automatically ejected so we make our way toward the beach

but guess F&^$*&*#% what - all our gear is dumped because we are sooooo far out swimming.

WTF is going on.

Why cant we land the craft on the beach and just step out?

How can we blow up tanks with a pistol ? this is all that anyone has by the time they reach the beach.

I have restarted the 1st mission a dozen times and the same thing happens

--------

finally made it to the beach with the boat after rebooting and restarting. One of those little hickups I guess

Yes...I seem to be stuck on this mission too, what with trying to be stealthy. When I team switch to the AI of say sabatour number 2 and switch back to the squad leader, they ignore my commands.

I tell them to hold fire but it goes off again and they just run out and shoot at the enemy. confused_o.gif

So far I have tried to tell them to "gear" at the boat and drop the satchels but instead of the boat, they drop them on the beach and it's hard to pick them up. This is frustrating because by the time I've picked them up, flash team are already finished.

Also, I don't see the point in the silenced weapons. Even if you kill someone and make no sound, they still set off the alarm! mad_o.gif

I guess I will just have to load up with AT4 and make the enemy come to me! pistols.gif

Spoilers...

1) You can do this mission by using MP5SD6 and the M4 ACOG

2) Start by stripping the satchel charges off the AI teammates. You'll need 2.

Optional:  Put your M4 ACOG on the beach and switch to MP5SD (you'll need the ACOG later) You can use the M4 SD from your teammates.

3) run along the beach, through the bushes and plant the first Satchel charges on the tank without firing any shot. (Kill any SlAgs and you risk blowing the mission by alerting the enemy)

4) Plant the second satchel at the Shilka nearby (around the camp area). Use command overview to scan for enemy

5) crawl/walk back to the beach, walk back to the boat, arm yourself up with rockets and/or M4 mags.

6) Engage the two targets near the UAZ AGS and Bunker using the MP5SD or if you feel lucky the M9SD (will work all the same). You need to take them up in rapid succession without raising any alarm. Hide the body once you finish. (I find that it helps delay the enemy alarm if no one saw the dead) IF you mess up here, save because situation is still salvegeable. You will need to blow the satchel if the T-80 is looking at your direction.

7) Dump rockets here and M4 Mags here, then crawl back to grab the M4 ACOG. You may or may not encounter a second patrol that will come near the bunker.

8) Save here, then use your M136 to take out the other shilka on the beach. Hells break loose. Hunker down in the bunker.

9) Detonate satchels, call in attack.

10) Use M4 ACOG to snipe AGS, MG and spotlight at the beach. If SLAgs come close, use pop-up technique to take them up. (3rd person view prone, then pop-up).

The grenade launchers from the boats should mop up the other targets easy. You can choose to call your teammaters to support you, or even go on the AGS to shell the SLAgs yourself.

It's not a bad mission once you figure out what to do smile_o.gif  Too bad you can't see the AAR and chuckle at your own ridiculously high kill count though.

I just finsihed this after several stealth aproaches... wich all failed.

now I just got tired and decided to get in the grenade UAZ, and guess what, I killed ALL with this nifty thing (dont try to move it). only some shilka on the other side to kill.

Dont mind if you get the signal to evacuate, just keep on killing. Then you will get the radio that the coast is cleared...

So boring, but I had to finish it this way

Amoki's Spoiler worked well for me.

First I did go out alone, placed charges at T72 and Shilka on the hill to the "north". Then I did return to the boat where I armed 2, 3 and myself with AT4s, when Flash Team reported in.

Reported my team ready and sneaked to the bunker with the UAZ. Killed the two guards with M9 pistol undetected when the assault started and finally set off my two charges.

Afterwards I did position my team at the bunker and manned the UAZ grenade launcher. In the end we didn't come under heavy fire. None of our AT4s had to be fired while the main assault took place.

It's mean they made this such a puzzle mission without saying so in the Queen's Gambit description. Because when you know how to do it, it's relatively easy with using save games and is still an very atmospheric special forces mission. You're forced to get the clue about execution on your own, before you can actually play to win.

Some kind of map or satellite picture, a compass and information about Flash Team's timing, to synchronize the mission would've easily reduced the puzzling to OFP's good old James Gastowski/Victor Troska difficulty level.

Quote[/b] ]And in my armaprofile I changed skillEnemy to 1.0 and precisionEnemy to 0.85. That makes them smart and gives them initiative. The precision on 0.85 makes them deadly but there are alot of bullets flying around also, they hit and miss on the same level as a human I think.

Well, I don't know how you guys are able to beat any mission with such a sniper AI. Even default precision 0.75 makes me consider every fire fight to result in death. And there are almost no bullets flying around then, most of them will hit perfectly.

Precision 0.45 is my choice. It reminds me of the old OFP AI shooting skills and actually creates missing AI shots.

What do i do if i have no radio?

This is bad bad bad mission design. Me an OpFlash fanatic of 5+ years, who is only just coming back to look at this expansion 10 months after i received it.