Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

Hi again

I'm having a few problems trying to run this Hohei Evolution map. Everytime we destroy the radio tower (with a satchel obviously) in Paraiso the reinforcements keep on coming.

I've tried everything from deleting all the cache, restarting the server, rebooting the server PC, downloading another Hohei, etc etc.

Could this maybe be due to the older hardware I'm trying to run the server on? I'm running on a Sempron 2800+ with 512 MB RAM. Its enough for a 2 player server right? I always connect through LAN while my friend connects through the internet.

So far everything we tried didn't work help.gif

Sorry if this was asked already but is anyone playing evolution with wip mans m4's or robert hammers m4s they are some nice weapons

Hohei's Evo is a bit of a hatchet job. It's a refreshing change, but the completion messages are all out of whack, we cleared Arcadia yesterday and were told that Delores was clear for example.

Also, the respawn dialogue takes too long to fire. You shouldn't respawn at base, then get the dialogue when running out of the hanger!

Still, it's a very welcome change of scenary. looking forward to the bugs getting ironed out.

@zelete

If u destroy the radio tower just as reinforcements are being called u may recieve some still coming through but no more than 1 or 2 i wouldnt of thought!

Hohei Evo is still in its Beta form so there will be some bugs still to iron out but just wondering does anyone know who created this and where we report the bugs too!? Is the person active on these forums?

Hia.. is there any updates or new versions of Evolution coming? notworthy.gif

Updates would be nice. smile_o.gif But it's a very highly developed map already, if Killjoy were still doing ArmA missions I'd love to see something a bit different, a different play style perhaps with all of his good ideas included.

One other thing, not so much a complaint as such since it's not a huge problem but an observation - how is it possible that when I accidentally shoot an unarmed enemy and end up in the 'prison', that I can't then quit out of the mission?

Like, at all. Esc is disabled, can't quit or switch or even shut the game down. If you want out of a mission before your time is 'served', you have to alt-F4. Uh, is this even entirely legal? whistle.gif

Frantz @ Feb. 20 2008,00:24)]I found another bug in Evolution Red V2 :

When repairing and rearming a Su34B (ground attack) at the base, after having emptied all ammos (especially Ch29), I noticed I had additional bombs !

+ 6 GBU as like I was flying a Harrier in addition to my Ch29 and S8T.

Another thing : i'd really like to play a version of Evolution Red V2 that has Robert Hammer's AKs (and of course a Blue version with Robert Hammer's M4/M16) but I suck at scripting, and couldn't figure how to do it when editing the mission... When I add an ammocrate it makes the mission crash, or it's impossible to load on a dedicated server.

Does anyone have an idea which might help me to realize it, or does this mission already exist (haven't seen it online yet).

Frantz, did you ever figure this out yet??? if not, let me know...ok?

TCM

There's one more bug I forgot to mention here... and the temporary 'fix'...

Once you join the server, and choose a loadout at the ammo box, that is your loadout for the rest of the game.

So if you go to the ammo box and load up a javelin with 2 rockets and a pistol, thats what you will always spawn with, even if you spawn at base and choose a different loadout.

So when I was choosing stuff and cleared out my loadout screen first and it immediately threw me out of the screen when I doubleclicked on an item to remove the last item [so that I had NOTHING loaded on myself], I was STUCK with that every time [very annoying].

The only way I found to fix that was to exit to the lobby and rejoin, go to the ammo box, and CAREFULLY choose the loadout I want to be respawning with. As soon as I exit this box and stand up, that is what my loadout will be locked into.

Frantz @ Feb. 20 2008,00:24)][...]

Another thing : i'd really like to play a version of Evolution Red V2 that has Robert Hammer's AKs (and of course a Blue version with Robert Hammer's M4/M16) but I suck at scripting, and couldn't figure how to do it when editing the mission... When I add an ammocrate it makes the mission crash, or it's impossible to load on a dedicated server.

Does anyone have an idea which might help me to realize it, or does this mission already exist (haven't seen it online yet).

Frantz, did you ever figure this out yet??? if not, let me know...ok?

TCM

Nope, I didn't figure it out yet. But I suck at editing ! biggrin_o.gif

My mates found it has something to do with the respawn script used to make the ammo box to respawn... and we are no scripters... so we gave it up for a while, one of us is learning scripting but it could take months before he could manage to do it.

Trash Can Man are you interested into this kind of mission ? Can you help us ? It would be great someone skilled would help us. smile_o.gif

I only need to replace standard BIS weapons by Robert Hammer's into the Base's ammo crate. I can't figure how to do it 'cause this crate is created by script. If you know how to do it, just tell me how. smile_o.gif

Hey, does anyone know where i can get the Mission file for Evolution Blue V2 Unlocked?

Hey, does anyone know where i can get the Mission file for Evolution Blue V2 Unlocked?

Evolution Blue V3 Unranked

I just made it there for you. Whats in V3 well player makers on the map so you know where your mates are. Unranked of course and a few extra Humvee's at the start.

Frantz @ Mar. 25 2008,13:14)]
Anyone knows who made the Hohei version??

Nope but I'd like to thank him too.

Ive just looked at this and its nearly exactly the same as my MHQ spawn one. Same Respawn System but differnt names..

Anyways "Great minds think alike" i say :P i may as well release mine in a few hours after some touch ups. tounge2.gif

Evolution V3 MHQ

+

Evolution V3 MHQ Unranked

Download Removed MHQ Bug Found and Fixing Plus adding more features.

Have Fun

I took some things out of that Hoai version as it was quite advanced with the Winch scripts better than my UH60 Cargo Scripts so i switched them with his..

I take no credit for these 2 missions though so i hope everyone has a lot of fun.

Whats new:

-Player Markers Follow Players so you can find your mates easy

-MHQ has marker that follows it so you knw where it is

-Unranked Version (Ranked Version Easy Start with low gaining ranks but high ranks same as defualt evo)

-Few Fixes + some few extra enemy surprises in town.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Evolution Blue V3 MHQ (Ranked and Unranked)

Download - Rapidshare

Whats New

- Player Markers Follow Players so you can find your mates easy

- MHQ Spawn so no more flying for ages when you die

- MHQ has marker that follows it so you know where it is

- MHQ has Spawn Bike Option

- MHQ Can Spawn 1 Ammo Create Every 2 minutes

- Unranked Version

- Few Fixes + some few extra enemy surprises in town.

- Airlift Scripts

- Airliftable Arty Guns

- Few More Humvves at base

- A10 Hanger

Might be a few more things but cant remember. All the enemy is unchanged. smile_o.gif except for a few mg nests doted around the towns.

Evolution Blue V3 MHQ (Ranked and Unranked)

Download - Rapidshare

Whats New

- Player Markers Follow Players so you can find your mates easy

- MHQ Spawn so no more flying for ages when you die

- MHQ has marker that follows it so you know where it is

- MHQ has Spawn Bike Option

- MHQ Can Spawn 1 Ammo Create Every 2 minutes

- Unranked Version

- Few Fixes + some few extra enemy surprises in town.

- Airlift Scripts

- Airliftable Arty Guns

- Few More Humvves at base

- A10 Hanger

Might be a few more things but cant remember. All the enemy is unchanged.  smile_o.gif except for a few mg nests doted around the towns.

sounds cool im downloading it as we speak biggrin_o.gif

Sweet biggrin_o.gif

You added some necessary elements to make this is just like the other mission Myself and my friends play on lan, Co 30 Domination One Team by _Xeno_. Have you played this Matt? If you haven't it's a NICE change from EVO.

Check it out here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68385

Yeah i have thats where the scripts came from lol.

Oki ChangeLog So Far

Evolution Blue V3a MHQ (Ranked and Unranked) (Unreleased)

- Fixed Create Bike Bug After you respawn

Now i need some help, When the ammo create is spawned by the MHQ there is no way possible i can get it to spawn the evo ranked ammo and weapons e.g. if you were rank 1 just the m4s or rank 6 all weapons etc.. so what im going to do it make it just spawn all the ammo, so what you think?

Now i need some help, When the ammo create is spawned by the MHQ there is no way possible i can get it to spawn the evo ranked ammo and weapons e.g. if you were rank 1 just the m4s or rank 6 all weapons etc.. so what im going to do it make it just spawn all the ammo, so what you think?

The easiest way would be to use createVehicleLocal to create an ammobox (like KilJoy did it in MainThreadC.sqf) and put the evo ranked ammo and weapons in the ammobox.

But don't forget, such an ammobox is only local (and visible) to the player that created/dropped it.

Xeno