Sign in to follow this  
Sleek

Has Anyone Got Queens Gambit?

still the santa and a wierd-ass dude.....pass, ill get better action with the upcoming mods

I downloaded it from meta.. I have the Atari version released in US and QB works fine. I've played the campaigns a bit and I'm loving it! I'm not sure if there was a performance upgrade included but I've been able to play it with everything on Very High, using Vista and a GTS, and I haven't had a CTD and frame rates are real good. Well worth the $20. The campaigns are much better, in my opinion, then the original. pistols.gif

Give em your damn money!! rofl.gifthumbs-up.gif

I bought it and have been messing in the editor looking at the new islands.

Porto is small, but has a VERY tightly packed city in the center. It'll be an awesome area for Urban Team v Team Fights.

Most SLA Bases in United sahrani has been removed, or replaced with rock grinding places, or something. They look pretty cool. What I like the most on the island is this massive TV station just Northeast of Bagango. It's huge. Check it out.

On the website they said that there was supposed to be a 6G30, but no units have it, and it isn't in any ammoboxes. Does anyone know the classname, or am I going to have to dePBO it myself? sad_o.gif

It would be great to see raw gameplay footage of the expansion to show if it's really worth the coins. I especially want to know more about the added stuff and how they work.

I got mine, too. The Atari DL version works fine with the DL from Metaboli. (I did get a few error messages while the 1.08 patch was running, but since I already had it, I just clicked on Ignore and it went through.)

Performance seems to be somewhat better (I guess the island is optimized better?) and the missions are ok so far. I wouldn't go as far as "superb", but definitely better than the original campaign. (To be fair, that's not hard at all, since the original campaign sucked without end.)

I'll see what I think once I'm done with it.

Classes:

class SoldierMB : SoldierWB

class SoldierMMG : SoldierMB

class SoldierMR : SoldierMB

class SoldierMS : SoldierMB

class SoldierMD : SoldierMB

class SoldierMG : SoldierMB

class SoldierMTeamLeader : SoldierMB

class SoldierSpy : SoldierGB

SoldierPB : SoldierEB

class SoldierPSaboteur : SoldierEB

class SoldierPMedic : SoldierEB

class SoldierPAT : SoldierEB

class SoldierPMG : SoldierEB

class UH60MGRACS

side = TGuerrila;

class UH60Racs

side = TGuerrila;

class G_40mm_HE_6G30 : GrenadeBase {

class 6Rnd_HE_6G30 : CA_Magazine {

class 6G30 : Mgun {

class DATSUN_PK1 : Car {

side = TEast;

class MAA_DATSUN_PK2 : DATSUN_PK1 {

class DATSUN_DSHKM1 : DATSUN_PK1 {

class DATSUN_DSHKM2 : DATSUN_DSHKM1 {

class HILUX_PK1 : Car {

side = TEast;

class HILUX_PK2 : HILUX_PK1 {

class HILUX_DSHKM1 : HILUX_PK1 {

class HILUX_DSHKM2 : HILUX_DSHKM1 {

class DC3 : Plane {

side = TCivilian;

class HMMWV_civil : HMMWV {

side = TCivilian;

Note: strange that the mercs inherit from the first merc, but the partisans ALL inherit from SoldierEB

Quirky, huh?

Also watch out for weirdness: the Hilux, Datsun, DC3 and 6G30 are all in an addon within your MAIN AddOns folder, but the soldiers are contained within the DBE1 ModFolder....

This means that ArmA can try loading the pickups if a map calls for it, but that the driver dude will be undefined if the mod itself isn't loaded... I think it'd be probably safest to move the arma\addons\dbe1.pbo addon into your arma\DBE1\Addons folder - unless that'll frig up the addon-signing? Anyone know about this?

(edit: moved the addon anyway, and all seems fine, apart from a dumb 'content deleted' message at multiplayer-map-startup - which you can ignore as it works anyway: ofp used to spout that message all day long too as it's something to do with load-order I seem to remember).

ANother niggle is that the new cars with the mounted guns are ALL on the TEast side.

No doubt this was due to the requirements of the campaign - however this is a real pain in the arse as regards multiplayer - I wanted to put some for West and some for East, but the radars on West vehicles will show them up as red targets even if a west soldier is driving...

Given Porto's aim of being a great MP Island (on which aim I think it succeeds) why are the dudes (AT on one side?) and vehicles so unbalanced??

IF a patch for QG is ever proposed, then I'll suggest a few small items:

Grass on Porto reflects light too much, somehow, perhaps just too light a colour?  Or ?is it? my settings somewhere?

TWest side vehicles to balance the pickups, or make civ versions of them in a patch for MP use?  I know a basic config-only addon could do this easily, but if not official patch then it will be of limited use online given the apathy of using or downloading addons 'out there' so far.

Allow more than one character used from each side's separate character types to use a different face, it seems that I'll only be able to use 6 of the new characters per side, or duplicate faces will happen? They seem hard-coded in the dudes: or am I missing something here?

If the intent of the split addons was to allow use of the 6G30 and DC3 outside of QG then the hilux and datsun need moving to the modfolder to let this happen without error.

I added new classes in the vehicles and weapons section of the biki, feel free to finish the info.

Just installed it Puerto looks good for MOUT tactics and operation. Install asked me did i want to install patch 1.08. I declined as its already installed! But maybe this needs to be applied over QG.

Would anyone like to clarify. So there is no patch 1.09

Just installed it Puerto looks good for MOUT tactics and operation. Install asked me did i want to install patch 1.08. I declined as its already installed! But maybe this needs to be applied over QG.

Would anyone like to clarify. So there is no patch 1.09

QG is addons nothing more. It makes a mod folder and a exe on desktop. All other files are not modified.

Patch 1.09 is coming... There's a thread about in General I believe. I did the patch again, got error message during install, ignored em and it works fine. I think they just through that patch in there for the people that never dl'd patch 1.08, not sure though

What US Retailers carry a box version of this? I'd rather not get it as an online download and I cant find a link off amazon, anyone got the link?

What US Retailers carry a box version of this? I'd rather not get it as an online download and I cant find a link off amazon, anyone got the link?

None. The distribution deal hasn't been worked out yet.

I spoke with someone at idea games(Peter Bulir via email) and here's what he said:

"Queen’ s Gambit US release is not signed yet, however we expect Atari will take care of it. Of course, US players could download full version of Queen’s Gambit from our e-shop at www.sprocketidea.com prior to overseas release.Expansion will be available to download from October 8. 2007 with no restrictions tied with US version of original Armed Assault."

I hope this helps all whom are wondering. Again, I dl'd QB from Metaboli and it works perfectly with my Atari DVD Retail version. The way things go, we may not see a version in stores in the US until next year.

Just wondering, are the missions like you vs a bunch of enemies, or are the battles more even?

If I buy the US CD, will it install Starforce or Securom? Will I have to use the CD? I have the Sprocket version of Arma so I'm used to not having a CD.

I can't get the Sprocket version to work with the Metaboli banghead.gif

when the game starts up I get a bunch of can't find ....pbo. Then another one. and another one. Until the game crashed. ####

are the missions like you vs a bunch of enemies, or are the battles more even?

In the Rahmadi Conflict (found in arma\campaigns\ dir), its the same old as with the original campaign. First mission starts a SF squad against hordes of men, M2 machine guns, automatic grenadelaunchers, shilkas and T72s.

The voice acting could have used a few more takes and the dialogue? I could cry right now sad_o.gif

Edit: After some more playing, other than the stiff voice acting and contrived dialogue, I'm actually enjoying it. It was cheaper than taking my wife to the movies and I'll get more out of it, so it was worth it overall.

Got metaboli version. Got keys in email but never used them.

The 2nd island is called United Sahrani. It's 99% identical to the normal one, but has the border line fences in Paraiso removed, different signage.

The Porto island looks tiny at about 2-3 km sq with a big town in the middle.

th_arma2007-09-2911-51-56-05.jpg

Porto region map - editor

Porto topographical map - editor

th_arma2007-09-2911-54-43-83.jpg

Porto skyline view - west end

Porto skyline view - central north town

Porto skyline view - central south town

Porto skyline view - east end

Minaret tower

Town streets - with distant Minaret tower

MP missions list

Douglas DC3 aircraft - exterior

Douglas DC3 aircraft - interior cargo

Douglas DC3 aircraft - interior rear door

Douglas DC3 aircraft - cockpit

The United Sahrani map has different buildings in a number of places. (Ruined camps, mines, etc. I don't remember seeing any of it before.)

I already found several bugs in the Royal Flush campaign.

Can Some One Plz Post A Pic Of The DC-3 Cockpit   smile_o.gif

I PreOrderd It From Amazon (UK) And IT Has Not Came Yet sad_o.gif

I Think Im Gonna Have A Trip To Game This Morning yay.gif

what the hell is wrong with the black Merc's nose? seems a bit wrong... ?

ArmA2007-09-2919-47-50-98.jpg

ArmA2007-09-2919-47-49-50.jpg

Yeah the went a bit overboard when they wanted to create the stereotypical black action guy tounge2.gif

Other than that im pretty pleased.

Picked the addon up after work for very decent 13,99 Eur in the box with the PMC and RACS Helicopter on it ( lot better than the contest cover ).

Played a bit aned its actually very nice, all haters should really check again what they get for their roughly 15 Eur.

There are lots of new buildings and misc stuff that makes the whole new islands look lot more realistic, there are the new merc that cover many gear parts so modellers can take inspiration from ( Nam like helmets with Cigs, pouches etc etc ) also the Partisans wear nice cammo ( but i still reskin them for my own use hehe ) and on top of it you get two campaigns and at least Royal Flush seems very very good.

My only minus is that they constantly talk about Queen Isabellas rack and then she wont even show up... tounge2.gif

<s>One has to wonder if this thing was tested even once before they slapped the price tag on it.</s>

Please open a new disapointment thread if you wanna whine, thanks.

Only things that bugged me so far in teh campaigns were things that are caused by the base of QG and that is ArmA the addon itself seems well working.