Sign in to follow this  
Inkompetent

Real M136 v1.0

I suggest you offer an additional .pbo with a script that equips more soldiers with an AT4 in a squad. And maybe one soldier with a Javelin.

The FFN mod has done this, for the reason of balance. So it's possible to use the real M136-AT4 without getting the gameplay unbalanced.

Also there is a bug I found. When i.e. using Johnnie's Marines the soldiers porting the M136 have 3 rockets in their magazine slots, but after firing the AT4 there is no AT round left and the AT4 is disposed.

Also there is a bug I found. When i.e. using Johnnie's Marines the soldiers porting the M136 have 3 rockets in their magazine slots, but after firing the AT4 there is no AT round left and the AT4 is disposed.

If that's in the original I code that's actually a feature. It's crudely coded, but since you don't carry loose rockets in the field (only tubes), then the script automatically deletes any rockets you carry if you also don't carry an unused tube.

Yes but it takes 3 slots for the rockets in the ammo screen.

With the BIS units and the replacement packs it work great however.

One question: Why does the AI after shooting the AT4 not immediately change to the primary weapon as it happens for the human player?

@Inkompetent

And how about making the real M136 using the extended event handlers made by Solus'? So we could use the real M136 addons together with the great ArmAEffects mod from Maddmatt? (which brings the great backblast effect)

Please make your addons compatible with the Extended Event Handlers.

@Inkompetent

And how about making the real M136 using the extended event handlers made by Solus'? So we could use the real M136 addons together with the great ArmAEffects mod from Maddmatt? (which brings the great backblast effect)

Please make your addons compatible with the Extended Event Handlers.

Thank you! Nice to see I'm not the only one. smile_o.gif

Heh, already had such a version written and done, just forgot to upload it whistle.gif

I'll do it at once!

Edit: Uploaded and done.

Neither this version is signed however. I'll take a look at how it is done so that I can do so, if any group now is using this or multiplayer :P

Edit: Uploaded and done.

Thank you!

edit: are you sure this version works? I tried it with all other mods disabled and all it did was changing the magasines on the AT soldiers.

As a one shot weapon I suggest that the rocket should always be in the tube, an not take additional space of the inventory.

You should delete the rockets for the inventory and simply have only one in the launcher.

That way the player can't reload, not only because it is blocked but also because there are any single rockets available.

What do you think ?

Yes, I've tried doing that, but somehow you need ammunition.

One could make the launcher to ammunition, but doing that I didn't manage to get it visible, or not to the projectile visible. I honestly don't know how to solve that problem.

If I somehow manage that I'd sure love to do a "deployable" tube that can be carried as usual ammo, taking up 6 slots or so, so that you can carry two tubes at once.

If anyone has managed to solving the trouble with invisible weapon/ammunition, please tell.

I suppose you know how to define what type and how many slots it will take?

type = 16;       = pistolmag slot

type = 256;      = ammo slot

type = 2*256;  = 2 ammo slots

So if you want a rocket to only take 1 slot instead of 2 you define it as type = 256;

WGL used 3*16 to limit it to max one rocket (OFP have only 4 slots for pistolmags). But as arma have more pistolmagslots its not a good idea to use up those slots..

Have you tried "type = 0;" ? If I remember correctly that made the ammo "invisible" as it wont use up any slots.

That is true, and in that case I have to run a constant loop not to make anyone pick up an infinite amount of ammo and delete all excess.

It still doesn't overcome the problem with reloading if you pick up ammo before weapon though. You'll still have to reload the weapon manually.

Would help so greatly if one could assign weapons built in ammo so that they don't have to be reloaded when picked up.

Type=0 worked very well with one big exception. At briefing time if one tries to put a launcher in his inventory his game will CTD. Same for Type=16 (pistol ammo slot). The compromise was to have it take just one regular inventory slot instead of 2 (type=256).

edit: are you sure this version works? I tried it with all other mods disabled and all it did was changing the magasines on the AT soldiers.

Is this only for me? If so I must have F something up..

edit: I did F it.. As I disabled all other mods I also disabled extended EH... hah

Thx for the update, Inkompetent yay.gif

Here is an ArmedAssault.info Mirror to these addons :

DOWNLOAD - Real M136 (v 1 extended) - [2,04 kB] from Armedassault.info

Code : <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> DOWNLOAD - Real M136 (v 1 extended) - [2,04 kB] from Armedassault.info

And here is the frontpage news to the latest release :

Click here to get to the Real M136 (v 1 extended) news from ArmedAssault.info

Code :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Click here to get to the IDF Units (v 1.5 ) news from ArmedAssault.info

And last but not least, your personal profile where all of your mods stuff is listed (if you want to add some more info simply PM me)

Thanks a bunch, Inkompetent for the update. Much appreciated. biggrin_o.gif

I have seen pictures of soldiers running in Iraq with multiple M136s (ATs) on the back, so one or more guys act as supply unit for the group. Since it is a one shot device, there is a need for multiple tubes in RL but also ingame.

Yep, that's the inherent problem in trying to force "realistic" disposable RPG's into OFP/ArmA which is designed for weapons with magazines. Say, a LAW soldier would normally carry 2-3 LAW's. Not one launcher and 2-3 rockets. Neither 1 LAW. I suspect M136 soldiers do the same (in Finnish army we have LAW's). In the end in OFP I found the re-loadable LAW more realistic than any one-shot alternatives, because it also includes that you have to ready each "separate" LAW by re-loading them just like in reality - although IRL you could ready all your LAW's beforehand when on defense (for some reason the LAW model in OFP is always in the extended position - something you wouldn't want to do while maneuvering, as the sights might get snapped or the thing might even accidentally fire and in any case it makes it clumsier to carry).

Since trying the update, I have been getting the following every time:

M136_Error.jpg

Any idea as to what is causing this error?

Aaah, good old Matt Arma effects 0.5 strikes back biggrin_o.gif Download version 0.51 and this will go.

Aaah, good old Matt Arma effects 0.5 strikes back biggrin_o.gif Download version 0.51 and this will go.

Thanks bro. smile_o.gif

@Inkompetent

Strange, but when I'm using your older version of real M136 (without Extended Event Handlers) it works that soldiers are throwing the AT4 away after shooting it. With the new version with extended event handlers they keep the AT4 put it on back but it's not reloadable. Any idea why this happens?

Haven't looked much to ArmA the last couple of months, but here we go.

I did a double-check and for me the soldier drops the weapon as intended when I use the Extended Event Handler version.

What other mods do you run with the mod, and did it happen in single player or multi player?

Maybe its the new XEH that breaks it? I havent tested it, but since the new XEH there is errormessages. I guess every addonmaker that uses the extended should verify that its up to date. There seems to be some problem right now with the different EH-versions and addons..

Maybe its the new XEH that breaks it? I havent tested it, but since the new XEH there is errormessages. I guess every addonmaker that uses the extended should verify that its up to date. There seems to be some problem right now with the different EH-versions and addons..

If you are referring to the error message posted earlier by Betsalel, you just need to update MaddMatt's ArmA effects due to small bug in v0.50. Otherwise, plz post ur error message.