xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

I'm assuming you're replying to my request for the old style MHQ/Ammo crate handling to be returned. I think the new method goes a bit too far towards the resource management side, whereas I want to be killing enemy. We clearly get different things out of this game, which is good.

I'm adding tanks in, to be honest. I've also added Karaya1's xtra vehicles, because I want the enemy to have better AA firepower. I'm looking at using XM29's T12 Black Eagle for giggles. :)

Also, we play on a private server - mine. We often have as few as 3 blokes playing, so ganging up on a single T72 is not a practical proposition. I can see how your newbie with a Jav would spoil the fun, but because of the above, it's welcome on my server! :)

By the way, whose T90 did you used to use? We use Marijus's SA Green from his T90 pack.

The T90 in ACE. We are too few too to handle default Domination mayhem. So I've scaled the mission to suit better. Only thing I dislike about the new system is the stange artificial time limit, although that can naturally be changed. I know the reasoning behind it though.

Can't figure out for myself what the old system can deliver from the new. It's only a matter of picking up and ammo crate before you can drop it. Seems very logical to me and not very resource management at all, at least compared to what I'd do myself ;)

Played tonight and I magaged to really blow it; I delivered MHQ to wrong town, lol. Unloaded ammo crate. People couldn't wait 2 minutes so they liftet it further to the correct down without ammo possibilities. We where without ammo for the whole target, a nightmare. 2 minutes... Man, I'm shocked at todays speedoes... :D

@Beris

As engineer, get into the Salvage truck and drive to a static weapon. Maybe you have to exit the truck there (can't remember). Then in the action menu you should get 'Load Static'. When you get to new position, use the 'Unload Static' and I think you have to confirm the position.

@Boshart...

1 % chance from my side :)

Maybe someone else will make one.

Xeno

Xeno, is there any simple way to change initial loadouts? I see a lot of array stuff but no simple weapons assignment statements like in other missions.

Xeno, is there any simple way to change initial loadouts? I see a lot of array stuff but no simple weapons assignment statements like in other missions.

I just put it in the players init line.

Like this.

this setGroupid ["Bravo"];removeAllWeapons bravo_1; bravo_1 addWeapon "ACE_HK417C_ACOG_gl"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_HK417"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_HK417"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_HK417"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_HK417"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_HK417"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_HandGrenadeTimed"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_HandGrenadeTimed"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_HandGrenadeTimed"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_HandGrenadeTimed"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_SmokeGrenade_White"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_SmokeGrenade_White"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_HuntIR_monitor"; bravo_1 addWeapon "ACE_Rucksack_Alice"; bravo_1 setvariable ["ACE_Ruckmagazines",[["ACE_Default_1Rnd_HE_M203_PDM",12],["ACE_40mm_SmokeRed_M203_PDM",4],["ACE_SmokeGrenade_White_PDM",4],["ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_HK417",5],["ACE_SMAW_HEAA_PDM",1],["ACE_Epinephrine_PDM",2],["ACE_Morphine_PDM",2],["ACE_Bandage_PDM",4]]]; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_40mm_HEDP_M203"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_HuntIR_M203"; bravo_1 addMagazine "ACE_HuntIR_M203"; bravo_1 addWeapon "NVGoggles";

It loads as the cut screen shows. (this is for ACE stuff of course) but you get the idea.

Edited by Styxx42

The T90 in ACE. We are too few too to handle default Domination mayhem. So I've scaled the mission to suit better. Only thing I dislike about the new system is the stange artificial time limit, although that can naturally be changed. I know the reasoning behind it though.

Can't figure out for myself what the old system can deliver from the new. It's only a matter of picking up and ammo crate before you can drop it. Seems very logical to me and not very resource management at all, at least compared to what I'd do myself ;)

Played tonight and I magaged to really blow it; I delivered MHQ to wrong town, lol. Unloaded ammo crate. People couldn't wait 2 minutes so they liftet it further to the correct down without ammo possibilities. We where without ammo for the whole target, a nightmare. 2 minutes... Man, I'm shocked at todays speedoes... :D

@Beris

As engineer, get into the Salvage truck and drive to a static weapon. Maybe you have to exit the truck there (can't remember). Then in the action menu you should get 'Load Static'. When you get to new position, use the 'Unload Static' and I think you have to confirm the position.

LOL @ dropping MHQ in wrong town.

I suppose we get different things from this game but the fact that it works for both of us is testament to the game and Xeno.

At the moment, my guys are driving me to make the game less realistic. They insist on having a wreck chopper and changing the prize vehicles to high value assets like Ah64 and M1A1. To counter this, I've beefed up the OPFOR by having SAM equiped BMPs and T90s. It should be fun when I eventually get round to finish modding it. :)

Best part is how I sprinted into defensive position calling in on the radio that the MHQ was in place. "But it is really far away" I got back. Huh? Where did they want it then? Wait a minute, why don't I hear any vehicles or something. Checks map.....

DOOOOH :D

Highly agree on the testament to this mission. How we can fine tune it to be either an infantry training thing or a massive tank battle thing using mando missiles makes it the best tuneable mission ever. The sad part is how many server admins just runs with the default and doesn't flick any of the numerous switches inside the configurations.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

@Carl Gustaffa

thanks for the answer but i to stupid to load the weapon on this truck ;/

get this with all weapon or only with special one !?

can you maybe post a picture or a movie ?

best regards

Beris

The sad part is how many server admins just runs with the default and doesn't flick any of the numerous switches inside the configurations.

This is certainly true, but probably within the limitations of our system.

I'd love to have a web interface that can tweak all these settings, from default view distance to artillery barrage constraints. From adding an addon Tank into OPFOR spawned forces to fiddling with the ammo crate contents.

I'm dreaming I know, partly because the server would need to be shut down as the files were rewritten by my web interface AND THEN restarted, but that's what I would love.

Question. I've changed the enemy paradrop helo from a Mil17 to Erics Hind, in the hope that the Hind might use it's armaments to attack on the ingress and egress, but this doesn't happen.

Any thoughts, anyone?

@Beris:

You drive the 5t truck onto the Ammo Point heli-"thing" (ehh). However, it is currently completely useless for the truck as I forgot to add the vehicle menu to the truck so you can't unload it. Will be fixed soon, together with implementing Xenos latest changes to the original. Yes I am deeply ashamed over myself...

@Tankbuster:

I don't think a web interface will be possible. But Xeno claims it is 'no problem' having a system where the first player or admin (depending on a setting I guess) can tweak the ingame settings before anything is created. I'm not so sure about the 'no problem' part, but especially I don't think we'll see this for Armed Assault Domination.

Adding an addon unit during the mission? Hmm, sounds a bit dangerous. It might be possible to check the array of tanks and if a legal tank has been added to the array. But what happens if a user logs on who doesn't have this tank? Since it is not in the requiredAddons list.

I have many ideas for how to make the mission more dynamic in terms of difficulty depending on the number of players, i.e. being able to select a side mission of varying difficulty (but rewards have to be tuned too). I find the side missions a bit too easy regarding infantry, and too hard regarding the number of heavies. So in my edit there are no side missions, but many more main target areas that are heavily scaled down (especially airsupport and heavy vehicles), to make it more believable as a infantry fighting (then again, the most heavy we will get in rewards are an AH-6 and M113s). But infantry 'tactics' are hard to get right with the flaws of Armed Assault. Hopefully Arma2 will give us non suicidal AI infantry that will do more right moves. The latest russion review looked promising as the shot at AI started to *run* for cover instead of just laying down.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Welcome back fro your trip to banland! :)

I'm just finishing up SPAFFM0D this weekend. I've gone pretty much the opposite way to you, putting in lots of OPFOR addon armour and trying to keep the BLUFOR flyboys a bit more honest with more AA to fly against. I note that there's a way to create your own side missions. I might have a pop at that, too.

I do wonder about some web interface, surely it's just a case of changing text files on the server machine and restarting the server Yoma's tool could handle the sycning of addons. As you can probably tell, I don't know a great deal about these things, but just have the ideas. I'm sure you're right though, we won't see it before ArmA2.

Hi everybody.....

The entire web interface/configuration thing sounds like a good idea but a lot of work for someone....

I know nothing about scripting, but I've been fooling with scripts and configs for a number of years so I'm ok with the basics... I've been having a GREAT time tweaking various aspects of Domination to suit my mainly 2-player small server game - its fun in itself!

However... even with considerable wading both thru the mission, and thru the thread (which is gettin quite big!), sometimes I'm at a loss as to how to change things - and I hesitate to post dumbass questions here - clogging the thread with questions I really should be able to answer or figure out for myself after all these years.....

So - my suggestion would be - perhaps a few of you more expert dudes (like CarlG, etc??) could maybe put together a definitive 'Domination Editing' file... a text file maybe with things like....

To change the home flag look for xxx in script zzz

To change loadouts edit xxx line in scripts yyy and zzz

To change the drop chopper to something else change the definition in script xxx

etc etc

Or even more basic... just a list of which scripts are involved with each tweak....

To change bonus vehicles edit scripts xxx and yyy

I know all the info is basically here somewhere, but some sort of "guide" might encourage more people to actually use all the options Xeno has built in..... I'm still finding new ones!

Just an idea.....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

The i_*.sqf scripts in Domination root directory contains all the tweaking parameters, and they are well explained using comments. In a month or so there won't be many of us still playing Armed Assault and Domination, but I'll try to keep it in mind for the next project, if that has the same editing potential and appeal to me.

As much of my editing go beyond the tweaking, by adding certain features that I don't think fit well into Domination, I haven't been updating the repository with my edits even if I can. I'll make them, suggest them, and if Xeno likes it (probably not always), he can choose to implement it or ask me to do it.

Time will show what we are given to work with.

@CarlGustaffa

Thank you!

You are my Rescue ;)

Best Regards

Great to see its still active here !

And i want to use mando in the ace version but it seems al is there, how do i must activate it ?

Edited by Sneaker-78-

Most activity is over at dev-heaven.net :)

Xeno

@HMPDK

In x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf search for:

playSound 'Alarm'

and change Alarm with the name of the sound you want.

Xeno

As for the server web administration tool to be able to change settings, that doesn't sound all that difficult as long as it is setup with a decently written program. You could have a template of the config file that gets updated from an app or website, then have a script fire that compiles the mission prior to executing it as a server process.

The server manager we wrote could handle most of it, just needs another portion added in between the startup sequence to compile the mission into the pbo, maybe move it to the missions directory, set the config file to use that mission, then fire the server off.

The slowest part would be making the template file. Unless it was just a text editor built into the current web admin program we have made. That would be an option. The compiling the mission portion would be nothing more than taking the current sqf file, copying it to the decompressed mission directory, compressing the dir into a PBO (using a basic command call to another currently existing program) then moving the newly created file to the mission dir.

Am I leaving anything important out?

anybody else been getting dumped in the sea when "climbing over obstacle" ??? I don't use the feature that often so I'm not sure at which version it stopped working

I'm currently using West AI 3.61 version and it seems to happen ALL the time, but I'm fairly sure it used to work fine and was occasionally invaluable...

Any ideas anyone???

@Bushlurker

I'll check it. Haven't used it lately.

Xeno

New version 3.70 available...

This is the last release for ArmA!

The main focus for this release was to fix as much bugs as possible and optimize performance (specially for persistent servers).

• Fixed copy and paste error in x_setupplayer.sqf, error message when setting a chopper to 2
  • Fixed copy and paste error in x_arifire2.sqf
  • Players don't loose a point in the ranked version now if they die (default now)
  • If a player gets killed by another player no need to check for the side of the killer (non TT versions)
  • Fixed, transporting other players gives the driver/pilot now actually points in the ranked version. It doesn't matter at which point on the map a unit enters the vehicle, only the transport distance counts.
  • Added pre 3.50 handling of ammoboxes (dropping from MHQ or chopper) again as an option
  • If a wreck doesn't reach the wreck point because the lift chopper got shot or the pilot released the wreck a new wreck marker at the current position gets created now
  • Added enhanced player markers support. It's now possible to show the marker with name, without name, with role and health of the unit.
  • Fixed, place base marker at correct position
  • Replaced the building in side mission 4 in the Uhao version with a lighthouse (was an object from editor update)
  • Fixed typos in Uhao sidemission four
  • Corrected direction display for static weapons
  • Fixed, reduced unit placement radius from 50 m to 0 m on top of Pico de Perez
  • Added markers for player AI in the AI version
  • Respawn any of the inital base vehicles when they land beyond the defined map area (after 10 minutes)
  • Don't display a killed by message and don't subtract points if a player chooses ESC->Respawn
  • Remove and recreate stuck island defense groups
  • All looping server scripts will now stop if all players left the server (persistent)
  • Rewrote group state machine, more performance friendly now
  • Somehow ArmA updates broke climb over obstacle, fixed
  • Added turret fix for reload script from zGuba
  • Many, many, many other small fixes and optimizations
  • and so on and so on

------------------------------------------------

The package includes the following missions (41):

co30 Domination! One Team - West

co30 Domination! One Team - West AI

co30 Domination! One Team - West Revive

co30 Domination! One Team - West Ranked

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs AI

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs Revive

co30 Domination! One Team - Racs Ranked

co30 Domination! One Team - East

co30 Domination! One Team - East AI

co30 Domination! One Team - East Revive

co30 Domination! One Team - East Ranked

co30 Domination! One Team - West Mando

co@30 Domination! One Team - West Schmalfelden Edition

co@30 Domination! One Team - East Uhao Edition

co@30 Domination! One Team - CSLA

co@30 Domination! One Team - A.C.E.

co@30 Domination! One Team - A.C.E. East

co@30 Domination! One Team - A.C.E. Ranked

co@30 Domination! One Team - A.C.E. East Ranked

co30 Domination! Two Teams

co25 Sahrani Battle v3.22

co25 Sahrani Battle v3.22 Mando

co30 Hill Defense 1.61

co32 Returning Home 1.37

co20 High Mountains 1.83

co25 Enemy at the Gates (Corazol)

co33 Revenge 1.17

co16 Leviathan Rising 1.36

co17 Wings of Steele 1.63

co18 Green Holidays 1.03

co18 Southern Comfort 1.43

co35 Red Alert 1.0

co35 Red Alert 2 1.71

co@24 Attack [ACE] 1.75 (needs QG for Podaga island from FDF)

co@24 Attack [ACE] 1.75 Revive (needs QG for Podaga island from FDF)

co@20 Big Chance 1.89 [ACE] (QG for Podaga island from FDF)

co@20 Big Chance 1.89 [ACE] Revive (QG for Podaga island from FDF)

co@20 High Mountains 1.86 [ACE] Revive

co@33 Revenge 1.24 [ACE] Revive

co@25 Battle for Avgani 1.07X [ACE] (needs Avgani)

------------------------------------------------

Be aware that you need A.C.E 1.08 for the A.C.E. version now !!!

Domination! is now a project over at dev-heaven.net. Feel free to join and help developing it !!!!!!!!

Please report bugs there using the bug tracker or if you want new features add them there too (Tickets).

It's up to you where the journey is going (let's call it a community project)... so get involved.

Download (now as 7z, much,much smaller):

Domination! 3.70 Mission Pack

One more thing:

You don't have to ask me for permission to modify any of the missions or release a modified mission. Simply do it! (You don't even need to mention me anywhere!).

There are more important things in life.

Enjoy!

And have fun !!!!!

Xeno