xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Shortly after the 3.60 release a bugfix release was necessary (server rpt was full of error messages).

Changelog:

• fixed server RPT errors introduced in 3.60 (Bug #1060)
  • fixed some rpt warnings in some bonus missions (Bug #1046)
  • fixed a typo in air taxi (Bug #1047)
  • fixed position of air dropped objects (Bug #1054)

Download:

Domination! 3.61 Bugfix Release

Sorry for that (like allways :))

Enjoy!!!

Xeno

Xeno thanks for all the great missions.

I was wondering if you could port them to some of the other ACE Islands just for a different look?

Xeno it looks like you added minus points everytime you die which makes it impossible to get rank because with ACE half the time you kill a guy you don't get points for the kill.

Xeno it looks like you added minus points everytime you die

Correct.

which makes it impossible to get rank because with ACE half the time you kill a guy you don't get points for the kill.

Well, if you kill an AI when you play A.C.E. you still get the points.

Nevertheless, if you want to change it, dePbo the mission.

Open i_client.sqf in the mission root folder in an text editor, search for:

// gets subtracted from your current score if you die (must be a negative value)

d_sub_kill_points = -1;

// gets subtracted for killing others (not negative)

d_sub_tk_points = 10;

And change d_sub_kill_points to 0.

Pack the mission with a pbo packer and voila, here you go :)

Btw... there are some other options that you can edit concerning the ranked version (same i_client.sqf file):

// points needed to get a specific rank
// gets even used in the unranked versions, though it's just cosmetic there
d_points_needed = [
   20, // Corporal
   50, // Sergeant
   80, // Lieutenant
   130, // Captain
   180, // Major
   250 // Colonel
];

#ifdef __RANKED__
d_ranked_a = [
   20, // points that an engineer must have to repair/refuel a vehicle
   [3,2,1,0], // points engineers get for repairing an air vehicle, tank, car, other
   10, // points an artillery operator needs for a strike
   3, // points in the AI version for recruiting one soldier
   10, // points a player needs for an AAHALO parajump
   10, // points that get subtracted for creating a vehicle at a MHQ
   20, // points needed to create a vehicle at a MHQ
   3, // points a medic gets if someone heals at his Mash
   ["Sergeant","Lieutenant","Captain","Major"], // Ranks needed to drive different vehicles, starting with: kindof Strykerbase/BRDM, kindof Tank, kindof Helicopter (except the inital 4 helis), Plane
   30, // points that get added if a player is xxx m in range of a main target when it gets cleared
   400, // range the player has to be in to get the main target extra points
   10, // points that get added if a player is xxx m in range of a sidemission when the sidemission is resolved
   200, // range the player has to be in to get the sidemission extra points
   20, // points needed for an egineer to rebuild the support buildings at base
   10, // points needed to build a mg nest
   5, // points needed in AI Ranked to call in an airtaxi
   20, // points needed to call in an air drop
   4, // points a medic gets when he heals another unit
   1 // points that a player gets when transporting others
];

// distance a player has to transport others to get points
d_transport_distance = 500;

// rank needed to fly the wreck lift chopper
d_wreck_lift_rank = "CAPTAIN";
#endif

Xeno

I'm playing v3.61 West AI and I cannot load an ammo box into the MHQ. I drive the MHQ to one of the "drive-in" areas at the ammo point at the base and when I request a "load ammo box", I always get the error, "No ammo boxes nearby, can't load a box...". I have not been able to get this to work in v3.52 either.

I tried this both on a dedicated and hosted server but no go.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? If not, I'll go report this as a bug.

Simply drive over the helicopter H at the ammo point, nothing else.

Loading will happen automatically then (stop over the H for a second, vehicle chat will tell you when it's loaded).

Dialog load is only for loading a dropped box and unload for unloading it from a MHQ or chopper.

Xeno

Thanks Xeno. I understand exactly what you mean now about the dialog.

And thank you for "fixing" those things that didn't work hosted. I know you frown upon hosted servers but I can't stand the soldier-warping when playing on my own dedi. server and haven't been able to get rid of it with tweaking the settings.

Thanks Xeno I have made a Unranked version but I will need to test it.

Still not sure about the ACE kill/score thing because it seems everyone one in my clan is seeing the issue were you kill a unit/vehicle and you get no score. I was wondering if it has something to do with them not dying all the way or something but I guess thats a question for the ACE Team.

Is anybody else seeing this issue?

What does an engineer needs to able repair a vehicle in the ACE ranked version?

And is it normal to encounter random enemies in the map?

Best regards.

What does an engineer needs to able repair a vehicle in the ACE ranked version?

3.6x Changelog:

- in the A.C.E. version engineers do need a rucksack now to repair/analyze and refuel vehicles.

And is it normal to encounter random enemies in the map?

3.6x Changelog:

- removed airdefense and replaced it with isledefense. Instead some static Shilkas/Vulcans there are now patrols driving around the island, attacking players when they find them

:)

Xeno

Lazy me, what a shame, hehe

Thx a lot Xeno.

Best regards.

removed airdefense and replaced it with isledefense. Instead some static Shilkas/Vulcans there are now patrols driving around the island, attacking players when they find them

So that means we'll encounter no anti-air resistance at all (SU-34s, Shilkas)?

That's not a complaint - I get my chopper blown out of the air all the time but I think that that is Evolution that I'm thinking about.

So that means we'll encounter no anti-air resistance at all (SU-34s, Shilkas)?

No, it's just that there are no static AA groups anymore but patrolling groups that also may have shilkas.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Does anybody else use ECS with Domination??

I'm running Domination 3.61 West AI on a dedicated server... I use a few mods (smokeFX, etc) and ECS - (no ACE or anything)... mainly for the bleeding and first aid scripts...

Its only a small dedicated server for 2 people, so both me and my mate, and the server - have EXACTLY the same mods, files, shortcuts, launchers, settings, EVERYTHING

The problem is with the ECS bleeding and first aid scripts - they work fine in solo play and in other MP missions like evolution when I host them, but in Domination.....

If you're wounded the bleeding script kicks in fine and you get a warning, etc - but the first aid option doesn't appear in the action menu.... Very occasionally it does, most of the time - not...

Very Very occasionally it'll be there and work fine all evening!

The majority of the time you'll play all evening and never see it - bleeding continues until you die though - so IT always works.

I've checked that all ECS files are identical all round, and that mod-order when launching is identical all round, and the ECS scripts are fine in every other situation - including other MP missions... except Domination...

Anybody got any ideas or am I just missing something really obvious and it's my fault elsewhere? (not unusual)

Bushlurker

@Bushlurker...

dePBO Domination, then open the following file:

x_scripts\x_setupserver.sqf

Allmost at the beginning you will find the following lines:

if (X_InstalledECS) then {
   ECS_public set[2, false];           //Dynamic weather OFF, use builtin instead
   ECS_public set[5, true];            //Bleeding enabled. See also below
   ECS_public set[7, false];           //First aid turned off, since mission has builtin 2xheal options  --This one might be bad shit--
   ECS_public set[13, false];          //Weapon jam disabled due to playerweapons system. Might be bad to respawn without weapons since little available
   ECS_public set[14, 0.00];           //Rifle jam rating, just in case
   ECS_public set[15, 0.00];           //Machinegun malfunction rating, just in case
};

Change it to your own needs, pbo again and you are there.

In x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf you'll find the following:

if (X_InstalledECS) then {
   ECS_local set[2, false];            //Camera NVG turned off since it interferes with intro
   ECS_local set[51, [""]];            //Turns off our radiochatter. Enemy still has it though
   ECS_local set[63, [""]];            //Also prevent radiochatter from "undercover" vehicles borrowed from RACS
   ECS_local set[98, 120];             //AI Smokeshell timeout. Number of seconds before reuse
   ECS_local set[6, false];            //Dynamic viewdistance OFF, use Domination menu instead
   ECS_local set[85, false];           //GPWS in aircrafts turned OFF. Does military aircraft have this anyway?
   ECS_local set[90, 60];              //AI remains in alert mode for 1 minute instead of 4. Domination players are impatient
   ECS_local set[93, 0.95];            //Chance of AI using flares
   ECS_local set[94, 1.00];            //Chance of AI having flares
   ECS_local set[95, 30];              //Flare timeout
   ECS_local set[96, true];            //Can AI use smokeshells
   ECS_local set[97, 0.50];            //Chance of AI using smokeshells
   ECS_local set[98, 60];              //Smokeshell timeout
   ECS_local set[100, 0.98];           //Chance of AI using supressive fires
   ECS_local set[101, 35];             //Supressive fire timeout
   ECS_local set[108, true];           //Can AI panic
   ECS_local set[109, 0.85];           //Chance of AI panicking
};

Xeno

Wow you're Fast! Xeno !!!!

WoW again, in fact!!!

hehe - ok - doin that now - shall report back - thanks a lot!

:yay:

Problem solved!

Thanks a lot Xeno! I went right thru the "i_" scripts etc thinking there might be switches elsewhere, but never looked as far as the scary x_scripts folder!

hehe

While I got your attention, though you've heard it before, you're hearing it again!

Awesome missions!

Awesome support!

And a thoroughly nice guy!

Cheers!

Bushlurker

Hi,

Does anyone know where do i change the East weapons?

I messed around with x_weaponcargor_ace but i'm getting an "error 6"

Best regards.

Edited:

Never mind, i've already found out what to do =)

Edited by anc

Xeno, two things I'd like to ask you.

I'm changing the drop chopper to a fixed wing aircraft, namely a C-130. If the ammobox/humv/arty piece is underslung, it will look most odd. Is there anyway I can improve this?

Also, I've been ased by my team mates to remove the feature where we have to load ammo boxes into the MHQ. Is there any way I can go back to the old way of effectively having an infinite number of ammo boxes available from the MHQ?

Thanks, Tanky

version 3.61 west ai

Edited by Tankbuster

Has anyone modified the RACS AI version to include Project RACS equipment?

If so can i get a copy?

I'm changing the drop chopper to a fixed wing aircraft, namely a C-130. If the ammobox/humv/arty piece is underslung, it will look most odd. Is there anyway I can improve this?

Never tested it with a plane, so hard to tell. Though makes me wonder because air drop items get only spawned if the chopper/plane is over the target area.

Also, I've been ased by my team mates to remove the feature where we have to load ammo boxes into the MHQ. Is there any way I can go back to the old way of effectively having an infinite number of ammo boxes available from the MHQ?

It's not that easy to change it by yourself (took me quite some time now to adopt it to the newer code). But it will be available again as an option in the next version, so you can choose between one of the two versions.

(if you have an account over at dev-heaven you can see the changes in the repository).

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Never tested it with a plane, so hard to tell. Though makes me wonder because air drop items get only spawned if the chopper/plane is over the target area.

I'll implement it and report back.

It's not that easy to change it by yourself (took me quite some time now to adopt it to the newer code). But it will be available again as an option in the next version, so you can choose between one of the two versions.

(if you have an account over at dev-heaven you can see the changes in the repository).

Xeno

I ask because we run short of Javelin in the ammocrate. For the time being, I'll just increase the number available from x-weaponcargo. I don't have an account at DH, but I've been there and had a look around. I'll make an account today.

Many thanks from my guys and myself. You're doing a fine job.

Edited by Tankbuster

Hi,

I'm new in this Forum and have a question

to the Ural Savage Truck!

can anyone Post a Manual or a "How to do"?

how can I load static Weapons on this Truck?

sorry for my bad English;)

Thanks for every Answer!

Edited by Beris

I'll implement it and report back.

Quick and dirty xfire capture. I think this looks just fine. It landed right on the mark. The package doesn't inherit any of the Herc's airspeed like it should, but other than that, it's good enough for me to keep it.

It has the advantage that your drops will arrive MUCH sooner than if they came by Blackhawk purely because the Herc is way faster. Win!

aea3d-4.jpg

Arma 1.16 beta, USEC C-130 and Domination 3.61.

Edited by Tankbuster

@TankbusterSPAFF: Why not reduce the number of tanks? I've removed completely the T90 from ever appearing, and a single T72 now only have a 50% chance of appearing.

Having Javelin available is not unrealistic. Having so many of them is. And the unrealistic targetting system makes me prefer the Dragon instead. In my edit which is heavily roleplay restricted wrt weapon availability, only two AT slots get the Dragon, nobody gets Javelin at all. Some slots gets access to M136 but not everyone. For emergencies, the Ammo Truck will hold two M136 (HEAT only). M136 has a scripted one-shot solution. Two other AT slots will have access to all the M136 warheads, and get 3 tubes.

What I'm saying is; there are other more realistic ways to edit than just increase the availability of weapons. I've seen enough Javelin mayhem in Domination: So here we are, three guys doing a combined effort to take out a single T72 using less firepower. Then this new kid on the block logs on, grabs a Javelin and blasts it when we are all in position to fire from standoff distance. Kind of ruins everything.

Edited by CarlGustaffa